Turn on thread page Beta

saggy / loose skin watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    heyyy, last summer (2008) i decided to go on a diet weighing 15 stone... 8 months later i was weighing 11 stone... i now weigh 11 stone 5lb ... the problem being ive now been left with what appears to be loose skin is there any way of tightening your skin without surgery ? My bodyfat is 16.2% ive been thinking of trying to drop that further to see if that will make a difference... what do guys think ?

ReputationRep:
    wow congrats on the weight loss takes real will to loose that much, and when your fat people who are not fat don't relise just how hard it is to loose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenko)
    heyyy, last summer (2008) i decided to go on a diet weighing 15 stone... 8 months later i was weighing 11 stone... i now weigh 11 stone 5lb ... the problem being ive now been left with what appears to be loose skin is there any way of tightening your skin without surgery ? My bodyfat is 16.2% ive been thinking of trying to drop that further to see if that will make a difference... what do guys think ?
    Hello.

About a year and a half ago I finished my diet having lost over 7 stones. I also have loose skin.

People will generally just say: "you lost weight too quickly, screw you."

It's not very helfpul. The only thing that has helped me is building some muscle. I still have lots of loose skin but I'm filling it out better.

If I were you I'd completely ignore that body fat measurement or at least only use it as a marker of progress. With loose skin, all methods of measuring body fat will be incorrect. I reckon you should go on a very careful (clean) bulk. You still have more fat cells than most people (when you lose weight fat cells shrink, they don't disappear), so you will put weight on easier. Be careful with your carbs and try to gain some good lean muscle. You will look better. Maybe never exactly what you hoped for but definately better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    wow congrats on the weight loss takes real will to loose that much, and when your fat people who are not fat don't relise just how hard it is to loose weight.
    I was very fat, I lost lots of weight and I don't think it was that hard to lose weight.

It's pretty ******* simple. Eat less, do more exercise.

ReputationRep:
    i know its all well and good saying it now, but i didnt find it all that difficult to do it, just get one or more things to motivate you, and find some exercise that you enjoy and then it falls off lol..

thanks for the replies, my skin isnt mega loose, but i do have a flabby belly still which annoys me, i really want a 6 pac and i can see the outline of my abs, yet my lower abs are covered by this flabby bit, im not sure if its fat or loose skin.. ive been told it was loose skin but im not so sure, i have been thinking about going for weights and building some muscle up

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.