Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    :rolleyes: do you really think i give a ******* **** of some patronising **** on the internet believes me or not (and yes i did detect the sarcasm in your post)
    OK calm down; you and Mr.Singh should stop posting to each other because it's just pointless.

There... situation diffused.

Now intellectually bash the stupid evil suggestion of the OP - don't bicker with each other! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    :rolleyes:

There won't ever be a cure-all, silly. We're helping out the victims of this tragedy. What do you not understand from that?

If something like this happens several decades later, you'll be damned to see people still donating money. Sure, Haiti would not be able to get back on its feet, but that's no reason to deny these human beings of the help that they deserve.
    I never said we should deny them aid. Don't try to strawman me and turn this into a "to give aid or not to get aid" debate, because that's not what I'm arguing. Allow me to repeat myself: "When you put it like that, does[n't] it [seem] like donating isn't going to prevent any human suffering in the long run?"

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: do you really think i give a ******* **** of some patronising **** on the internet believes me or not (and yes i did detect the sarcasm in your post)
    lies lead to anger outbursts so obviously for you to get so agitated over yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Singh)
    anger leads to hate and hate leads to the dark.. side.... :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Singh)

LOL im not lying not that i would expect you to believe but then again youve got **** all knowledge of my situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    anger leads to hate and hate leads to the dark.. side.... :indiff:
    lmao. sounds too much like stiller in dodgeball for the purfume advert

ReputationRep:
    Ever thought it might not be the dying populations faults their country is full of crime etc.
    doesn't REALLY mean they should all die and live in squalor does it?!

Lets give up on every poor country right now shall we ...

ReputationRep:
    LOL im not lying not that i would expect you to believe but then again youve got **** all knowledge of my situation
    right, cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunny44)
    Ever thought it might not be the dying populations faults their country is full of crime etc.
    doesn't REALLY mean they should all die and live in squalor does it?!

Lets give up on every poor country right now shall we ...
    Belive me, developed countries wish they could. But they rely too much on imports/exports and cheap labour to cut off connections to the majority of poor countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    This might upset people to hear this but I don't see the point in giving money to Hati because truthfully the country was a dump before the earthquake and I think no matter how much money you donate the people's quality of life is still going to be very poor. The country is flooded with crime, rape and murder and in light of the earthquake probably an increase in looting.

It doesn't matter how much money you give, Haiti has recieved aid in the past because after decades of bad government allowing crime to go on, rape itself was only made a criminal offence in 2005 the crime becomes part of a country's culture and many people's way of life.

What good is the aid we give them? We'll fix them up a little because the pictures of their suffering will make us feel bad and then we will leave only for the same problems to continue. Who wants to live like that? What kind of life are we leaving them in? If I lived on Haiti I would probably rather die than be barely kept alive only to live a life in a poorly built slum, poor education and live in a country filled with crime and poverty. Where's the happiness and purpose in my life? What have I got to look forward too?

Do you think the money you donate today is going to help this little girl in Haiti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnklOtfJRSE ? Likely is it isn't, she's still going to be a slave.

So tell me? How can you feel a sense of pride in donating a few pounds knowing your only helping continue the existence of these poor people? No matter what you do your efforts are fruitless, some things even money can't fix.
    agreed. especially with what people are saying with global warming, there going to be more starvation in the world, more people are going to die and they are already dying in the third worlds anyway so whats the point in trying to sustain them as well as us, third world countries are just money pits, haiti probably didn't have a very good system or even a system anyway so the money is just to give food and water for a short while then we will all forget about them and move on to some other story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Lol....by developed I meant have money...unless they buy bombs with chocolate?....How do you know how it works anyway....terrorist....
    I'm not quite sure if you're trolling, but if so, now is not the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    GTFO. Seriously.

Just because these people live in poverty, in poorly built houses and do not have access to high-quality education, you're confident enough to dismiss their lives as valueless. That is literally what you said! :confused:
    In a sense their lives are of less value (not implying that we are better than them) but not valueless but in terms of the experiences, enjoyment and quality my life will be better than theirs. To answer your other question first world countries such as Japan have a much lower crime rate than other countries, especially Haiti.

ReputationRep:
    In a sense their lives are of less value (not implying that we are better than them) but not valueless but in terms of the experiences, enjoyment and quality my life will be better than theirs. To answer your other question first world countries such as Japan have a much lower crime rate than other countries, especially Haiti.
    And that point proves what, exactly?

:wtf:

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind passing that value of life quota when your done with it, you could just PM it to me if that would make it less of a hassle for you.

ReputationRep:
    if only the shoe was on your foot.....

ReputationRep:
    I've just donated £2 and I feel no regret. Donating small amount won't hurt, so please everyone donate some money becoz the people in haiti are desperatly in need. I don't know what is wrong with OP i hope british people in general are not this cold hearted becoz it is awful.

ReputationRep:
    Of course! Helping those in severy troubled times, those who have lost all their possessions, friends and family members is cruel!
    Why SHOULD we help a community that has seen nothing but turmoil?
    We should all leave them to struggle some more and die. That would be the solution indeed.

OP you are blatantly a spoiled and narrow minded individual who needs to realise the importance of helping others...*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    And that point proves what, exactly?

:wtf:
    Well you wanted to know a country which has a low crime rate.

ReputationRep:
    Another thing I don't understand is idea that they "deserve" our support. I know this may make me seem emotionless but this is just the way I see the world. Haiti earned its freedom from colonial rule in 1804. Since then they have had time to build a proper country, other caribbean nations did a good job of this but Haiti did not. Who's fault is this? I'm under no obligation to help them and don't see how they deserve anything from me. Maybe if things had been different and their was another reason for their poverty then I would feel sympathy but the reason for their lack of sucess is their own.
    So you think you know about the Haitian Revolution????
    Do you know about how damaged Haiti was after it??
    About the fact that Haiti had to pay MILLIONS for it's freedom.... As in had to pay for slaves to no longer be slaves....
    Did you know that if it weren't for Haiti, the rest of the Caribbean may still be under colonial rule???
    You have no idea!

ReputationRep:
    This might upset people to hear this but I don't see the point in giving money to Hati because truthfully the country was a dump before the earthquake and I think no matter how much money you donate the people's quality of life is still going to be very poor. The country is flooded with crime, rape and murder and in light of the earthquake probably an increase in looting.

It doesn't matter how much money you give, Haiti has recieved aid in the past because after decades of bad government allowing crime to go on, rape itself was only made a criminal offence in 2005 the crime becomes part of a country's culture and many people's way of life.

What good is the aid we give them? We'll fix them up a little because the pictures of their suffering will make us feel bad and then we will leave only for the same problems to continue. Who wants to live like that? What kind of life are we leaving them in? If I lived on Haiti I would probably rather die than be barely kept alive only to live a life in a poorly built slum, poor education and live in a country filled with crime and poverty. Where's the happiness and purpose in my life? What have I got to look forward too?

Do you think the money you donate today is going to help this little girl in Haiti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnklOtfJRSE ? Likely is it isn't, she's still going to be a slave.

So tell me? How can you feel a sense of pride in donating a few pounds knowing your only helping continue the existence of these poor people? No matter what you do your efforts are fruitless, some things even money can't fix.
    Human Point of View: Yeah must be so *****
    n creuekl to givee to relieif to those hu are in ndeed

BARE LICKED

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.