Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Weird stalker or normal nowadays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got added by someone on facebook who goes to my school but I've never met, seen or spoken to. I thought I should accept in case it's someone in one of my classes who I hadn't noticed somehow. It isn't. I got sent emails through facebook from him saying how are you. I thought about replying who are you but then I decided if I ignored it he'd get the hint. Straight after adding me suddenly some of his about me info on facebook changed to stuff that's on mine :eek:. The next day he sent another asking me to sit with him on the bus:eek3:! I was really freaked out, I finally knew that he wasn't in one of my classes so I have no idea how he found out my name :eek: to add me seeing as I don't know anyone on the bus apart from my friend who doesn't know him either, and I'm not in the facebook school network. He's been sitting gradually nearer and nearer to my seat on the bus ever since
    :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Delete him off Facebook, that's the new social out-casting. He'll get the message. And block him.

ReputationRep:
    Politely tell him to **** off then.

ReputationRep:
    He's going to rape you.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Omg one of my friends said exactly that !
    At the minute he's in a facebook list blocked on all the privacy settings so he's practically deleted, I may as well delete him actually.
    I can't really tell him to **** off coz he's never spoken to me in real life, so I would have to start a conversation with a weird facebook random guy who somehow found out my name and added me.
    I just replied to the posts in this backwards.
    What will he do next?!
    I always feel paranoid on the bus now and when I get Inbox (1) I'm like AAA :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_No_Supergirl)
    I got added by someone on facebook who goes to my school but I've never met, seen or spoken to. I thought I should accept in case it's someone in one of my classes who I hadn't noticed somehow. It isn't. I got sent emails through facebook from him saying how are you. I thought about replying who are you but then I decided if I ignored it he'd get the hint. Straight after adding me suddenly some of his about me info on facebook changed to stuff that's on mine :eek:. The next day he sent another asking me to sit with him on the bus:eek3:! I was really freaked out, I finally knew that he wasn't in one of my classes so I have no idea how he found out my name :eek: to add me seeing as I don't know anyone on the bus apart from my friend who doesn't know him either, and I'm not in the facebook school network. He's been sitting gradually nearer and nearer to my seat on the bus ever since.
    :eek3:
    This isn't normal!

But you knew that...

ReputationRep:
    I know! What's wrong with him?!! I don't know whether to be scared or feel sorry for him or ignore him and forget about it and hope he leaves me alone.

ReputationRep:
    Any chance you could give this guy a chance? haha

ReputationRep:
    DELETE HIM...he want you

if u want him then its ite

ReputationRep:
    Ok that is a bit weird. Block him on facebook, don't respond to any messages and sit with friends on the bus. Don't let it stress you out and if he does approach you and makes you feel really uncomfortable speak to your parents or the school. To be honest though the fact that he's only spoken to you online suggests that he isn't confident enough to do anything face to face.

ReputationRep:
    imhiya It's not you is it ;L?!
    I never would have liked him anyway, coz in the nicest possible way..he's not good looking, and clearly a weirdo. But if he'd just started talking at the bus layby like a normal person then he would have been someone to chat to, but too late now.

-Adeline-, thanks, good advice. Except the only person on the bus who I know is leaving, so I'll be sat on my own.
    I'll have to put my bag on the seat next to me or something.

ReputationRep:
    To add you if he's just seen you around isn't that weird to be honest - you're probably just on his friends-of-friends thing that appears on the side. But the messaging and stuff is a little odd so just delete him.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him for now. If he does sit next to you on the bus, just pretend to be reading something and just say "Sorry, gotta finish this chapter/book/whatever" and then talk to someone in school about it. Don't worry about it too much, he can't really hurt you on the bus with other people around. If it makes you feel better sit right at the front by the driver?

ReputationRep:
    Creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Run away :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Report him for being nuissance on Facebook. The mods there should sort it out for you. If not, block him simples.

ReputationRep:
    One more thing I forgot, he also added me on msn. creep. I blocked him and I'm getting rid of my email address from facebook or maybe just blocking him from seeing it.

ReputationRep:
    If he contacts you, just state flatly to him that he's creeped you out and you don't want to talk to him. Make your feelings very clear and then there's no grey areas if he oversteps the mark again.
    If you're worried about your personal safety, make sure you tell a lot of people. The police are there for your protection if he gets harrass-y or anything.

Good luck! Hopefully he's just a 14-year old with a really weird idea of what courting is, who just needs someone to smack him upside the head so he associates with people properly. Hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_No_Supergirl)
    imhiya It's not you is it ;L?!
    I never would have liked him anyway, coz in the nicest possible way..he's not good looking, and clearly a weirdo. But if he'd just started talking at the bus layby like a normal person then he would have been someone to chat to, but too late now.

-Adeline-, thanks, good advice. Except the only person on the bus who I know is leaving, so I'll be sat on my own.
    I'll have to put my bag on the seat next to me or something.
    Maybe hes too shy to talk to in person, so he thought he would try facebook? I know people who add other people they see around school because they fancy them, and its actually quite a good way of getting to know that person. But that is a bit weird about him copying his 'about me' stuff He sounds creepy
    Just tell him your not interested, and he should back off.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new btw.
    I don't think there's anything particularily odd about him adding you, people at school who see you around/nosy is pretty standard. The messaging is creepy though, and the msn adding. He might simply just be looking to befriend you and this is his peculiar way of doing it. If I were you I'd reply and just set things straight, that you find it all wierd and you'd like to be left alone. Might make bus times a bit awquard though...but then atleast he knows

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.