Turn on thread page Beta

a true feminist would never use the "women and children" first rule watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    what gave me the idea for this: http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=4514link

If you believe in this and your a feminist are you not says women are weaker or more important than men. just to be clear im not talking about say a single mother and I do believe children should be saved first.

If your a feminist and a man and a woman were both there (no family, importance or anything to say whos more important) would you say she should be saved first?

discuss
    Is Tracy Clark-Flory, who is essentially said to have said 'women and children first' in this article, a feminist? The article doesn't say that she is.

I wonder what motivation you had to ask about what the feminist view would be?

Saving women and children first is the right thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I would describe myself as a femisist but in such a situation where it would be "women and children" saved first, I think my base instincts of survival would kick in at that point. Survival is more instinctive than my feminist beliefs, if someone is gonna let me go in front of them then more fool them.

ReputationRep:
    Just to remind everyone - with a sinking ship - if you aren't aren't a lifeboat you will die a horrible drowning death.

So in this thread the men are stronger argument isn't really any good.

ReputationRep:
    Screw the women and children, my life is more important to me than others' lives. I'd want to be saved first. I see no reason why a child's or a woman's life is any more important than mine. But if it was between me and my dog then I'd want my dog to be saved first for sure, although ofcourse that's just my personal priority.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm certainly no feminist but I still believe in woman and children (well, the other way round, actually; children over woman) first. Why? Because children are our future. And, due to the way we breed, women are still more important than men, to our species' survival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Is Tracy Clark-Flory, who is essentially said to have said 'women and children first' in this article, a feminist? The article doesn't say that she is.

I wonder what motivation you had to ask about what the feminist view would be?

Saving women and children first is the right thing to do.
    thewebsite she said it on was a feminist one

ReputationRep:
    A true feminist would never be allowed to leave the mental institution.

If we landed on another planet, children & men > children & women, because men would actually get stuff done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    Please accept my condolences on the loss of your Miffy.
    SHe looked so cute.
    she was a lady. And thankyou :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    she was a lady. And thankyou :o:
    ohh sorry.*She was so cute. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    well it's not just that **** loads of women and a handful of blokes could re populate

a **** load of men and a handful of women wouldn't work the same - you know with the whole 9 month gestation thing.

Survival of the race and all that jazz
    Yer, cus there's a severe global shortage of women at the moment.

(Original post by sorafdfs)
    I'm but a fragile and innocent young girl, the men can handle themselves.
    True, who wants to put the safety of their children in the hands of a weak, fragile woman when a man would be much better at ensuring the survival of those around him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    You sound mean, but your Barker's worse than your bite.

ahah. ha. ha.
    haha. funny.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.