Turn on thread page Beta

If you and your parents were the same age, do you think you would like them? watch

ReputationRep:
    or they like you

Inspired by looking at old photos of my dad and an interview with the writter of back to the future (this was his basic idea for the first one). If you were in school/ college with them and you were the same age, which of the below do you think you would be to each other?

a. wouldnt know each other
    b. be best friends
    c. be ok but not close
    d. they hate you, you like them
    e. you hate them, they like you
    f. you hate each other

I think me and my dad would be A because my dad was very athletic and im not so there would have been little chance of us talking.

post which you think and why you think it

ReputationRep:
    i think either:

e. I hate them, they like me
    or
    f. We hate each other

either way, I wouldn't get on with them

ReputationRep:
    I think me and my dad would've been C because we had similar interests, but I doubt enough to be close friends.
    I'd probably be B with my mum though - we are very similar.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest me and my parents are so similar so I probably would have thought they were bloody great. :awesome: Let's say b.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would probably get on really well with my dad - because we always did - but I'd probably think my mum was a right stuck up cow! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thank God this thread isn't what I first thought it would be...

ReputationRep:
    We'd hate eachother

ReputationRep:
    I think I would get on with both of them, they seemed pretty cool from what I've gathered from photos etc. But not so much nowadays...

ReputationRep:
    Probably a) wouldn't know them. They were never very social people from what I can tell, they spent a lot of time studying and we don't really have any interests in common.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is an honourary member of The Caravan Club and the director of his Speaker's Club--we would not get on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhYumMilk)
    We'd hate eachother
    why do you think that

ReputationRep:
    Me and my Dad are identical, even with the generation gap. Reckon we would be best mates. My mum and I share very little in common so I doubt we'd move in the same circles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    or they like you

Inspired by looking at old photos of my dad and an interview with the writter of back to the future (this was his basic idea for the first one). If you were in school/ college with them and you were the same age, which of the below do you think you would be to each other?

a. wouldnt know each other
    b. be best friends
    c. be ok but not close
    d. they hate you, you like them
    e. you hate them, they like you
    f. you hate each other

I think me and my dad would be A because my dad was very athletic and im not so there would have been little chance of us talking.

post which you think and why you think it
    Me and my dad would be E, he was and still pretty much is an absolute irritating little prick from what i've heard lol, and a bit of a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! What a great question! I'd say c.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I would be friends with both my mum and dad. We definately share similar interests. So, I would say C) for both of them as I don't quite think I would be best friends with either of them just quite good friends.

ReputationRep:
    They'd probably be too cool for me and wouldn't hang out with me :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I doubt we'd get along, really. I might get on with my Dad but not so much Mum.

ReputationRep:
    Well when my mum was my age she was such a chav... I'm 19, she got her first child at 19 and at 20 she got married with the father of her child who was just out of prison. She got pregnant again that year and when my brother was born his dad was back in prison (my siblings are half siblings, we do not have the same father)... She was also very Christian and never went to uni etc... I would probably dislike her strongly if we met.

My father, on the contrary, was travelling from age 16 to 26. He travelled to about 100 different countries working as a sailor. First he was a year in Spain, then a year in Brazil, and then he went around south America before continuing to a new continent... He was very intelligent, very outgoing, active, fun, partying , loved the travelling.. he always read a lot and studied many fields on his own. We would've probably become best mates. and I'm just like him. we're very similar... Travelling is my passion too, among with many other things we have in common. Even with him as 43 years older than me we were best mates... before he died when I was 15 we hung out for hours every day, talking and joking around.

ReputationRep:
    WHat an intresting question, I really have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Probably C. My parents aren't into sport but they love their music.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.