Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you and your parents were the same age, do you think you would like them? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I was actually thinking about this just yesterday!

It's difficult to gage, because you don't really know how much your parents have changed since they were that age. My dad is one of the greatest people I know, and we have so much in common it's scary. I don't really understand it myself because he hasn't lived with me for sixteen years! So I would potentially say b, however he told me he was so painfully shy when he was younger, he could hardly speak to people! Therefore a would be a strong possibility!

As for my mum...I've heard she was a bit of a cool rebel when she was younger, though you would never guess it now! So I'm not really sure, perhaps c but possibly...e haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    why do you think that
    Because we have altering values. I don't really like them now. My parents onl put up with me cause I'm their child. My dads not very nice anyway and I could never be my mothers friends. She'd hate me cause I don't think the same as her. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh that is an interesting question. I imagine my dad would be C, he is athletic unlike me, but I'm pretty sure he loved Pink Floyd like I do

Really not sure about my mum, so I would say A.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, probably as we're very similar (unsurprisingly).

ReputationRep:
    Nah, my dad was a total freshy at my age, and my mum was really dippy. I'm not much like either of them.

Me and my dad would probably get along. My mum and I would hate each other's guts.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting Q.

My interests are more like my mums, but my personality more like my dads. I'd feel cripplingly inadequate in the looks department around my mum, she looked like a perfect china doll. WHY DIDN'T YOU DONATE YOUR GENES TO ME MA. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I get along with most anyone so probably C.
    My dad was a stoner and also stole one of these and put it on top of his high school. Kind of funny when I think about how he is now.

ReputationRep:
    My Mum = c, we're not really interested in the same things.
    My Dad = a or d. We're not similar in any way, so we'd either not meet, or if we did then we'd hate each other.

ReputationRep:
    It's a very interesting question. I think a lot, if not all, of what we have in common is what they've instilled in me to be honest from growing up and without them as my parents we may actually have very little/nothing in common.

If you count the 'me' as the things that they've instilled in me - i.e. they taught me how to play bridge which I love so maybe I would have met them at a bridge club and we could be friends or at least acquaintances. Otherwise, without that common interest, I probably wouldn't be friends with either of them really. Or at least, ironically, I maybe could be quite good friends with my dad cos he used to party and stuff and seemed like good fun (even though we're not really that close as father-daughter), but I don't think I'd like my mum very much (although I really do like her! haahhaha) cos she can come across, on first impressions, as a geek and the kind of person that I tend to avoid really. So yeah, either c or me not really liking them (not sure how they'd feel about me!!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Thank God this thread isn't what I first thought it would be...
    Your mind is just so wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    ll

ReputationRep:
    Very good question OP. Very good indeed :congrats:

I wouldn't like them.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, cool thread!

I tend to get on with people who are like my parents - girls who look feminine but have a laddish personality, and boys who are slightly reserved and 'alternative'. So I reckon we'd all be fantastic friends! :P

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd get on with my mum, she's pretty easy going and has been since she was young, from what I gather anyway - I think she was one of the 'cool' ones in school. We do have a similar music taste though she's a lot more athletic than I would have been.

But my dad, I think I'd hate him! When he was younger he used to climb bridges and jump into trees etc, he doesn't do that now of course, he's improved a lot... But if I knew him in school he'd remind me of this guy who I was always at war with, an absolute prick if I may say so! (I'm not just saying that because of the example I give by the way). He's definitely 'cooler' now, haha. He also did Engineering which is completely out of my depth, I reckon he'd hang around with a different crowd to what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    My dad is an honourary member of The Caravan Club and the director of his Speaker's Club--we would not get on...
    Your dad sounds like a hero, you do know what caravan club is famous for ?

ReputationRep:
    No, because we look nothing like each other

should i be worried?

ReputationRep:
    With my mom I think we would would hate each other, she was a total nerd - she always got the best grades and she was little Miss Perfection(nothing's changed since then xD). But I would be probably in love with my dad because he was very handsome. Although I guess he wouldn't love me back xD
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    c, probably

ReputationRep:
    I only would have known my father by reputation and nothing more, if we went to the same university.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.