Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Holiday in Sunny Beach Bulgaria 2010 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ten 18 year old guys staying at Hotel Juli in Sunny Beach 5th-19th July 2010, anyone been there can tell it what it will be like? Anybody going this summer? Thanks people.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. . Me and my friend are going to sunny beach this summer on July 19th for two weeks. . .We were a bit worried after reading some reviews but after speaking to some friends that have been were not anymore!! They said it was amazing and really cheap aswell which is a plus!
    Hope yu have a wicked holiday let us know what it's like

Corrina and Chrystina x

ReputationRep:
    I've read about it - if all you're after is sun, packed sandy beaches & bars, then you've come to the right place, but you won't really be able to tell that you're in Bulgaria, because it's pretty generic & the same as package holiday resort strips anywhere in the world. Except maybe cheaper than most?

ReputationRep:
    geez me and about 20 mates are going them exact same days, split up betwen hotel juli and hotel avenue...im hoping it will be beut as well but am a bit worried!

ReputationRep:
    me and 6 other mates are going sunny beach on the 19th july, heard there isnt many british that go over there any1 know if this is true?also were are the best places to go when there?
    we are all aged 18-19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antm324)
    me and 6 other mates are going sunny beach on the 19th july, heard there isnt many british that go over there any1 know if this is true?also were are the best places to go when there?
    we are all aged 18-19
    When I went a couple of years ago their was definitely some British people. But I noticed more Russians, Ukrainians, Belarussians and others from the old Soviet bloc. It depends what part of town you stay at. The area near Nesebar is a bit more upmarket and you come across more Westerners.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't really plan on going there, a bit of a heat of the moment decision, pretty happy now reading reviews, i'd definitely prefer a few europeans to only British people like in the greek islands!
    There's a group on Facebook 'Official Sunny Beach Bulgaria Group 2010' or along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    a couple of my mates went last summer. first night got there wallets pick-pocket'ed. seeminly kids run up to you in the street and grab your bags and beg for food and money :O

ReputationRep:
    I went in 2008, summer, sunny beach. It was lovely!!! very cheap, good nightlife, plenty of bars and clubs, as well as bar crawls everywhere. We also went to a historic town for the day, was beautiful. Ask me anything

ReputationRep:
    Grand Sunny Beach is front line to the beach. Sorry I cant comment on the hotel, never stayed there. BUT, it is a good idea to go B & B, because the quality of food is usually much better outside the hotels. You will find its much cheaper to eat and drink further back into the resort.

Tips on exchange...dont be tempted to change money on the street or in some of the booths. Use banks, or CROWN exchange or for the best deal use the STRING exchange. The nearest String is opposite the Diamond Hotel in the Avenue Center. Only other option is to get a Nationwide Flex account and use your card at ATMs, best rate and no charges whatsoever...unlike many debit cash cards!

ReputationRep:
    Sunny Beach is amazing! Loads of my mates have summer jobs out there and they love it, I hopefully plan to revisit it this year. Very cheap and you MUST visit Jack's bar!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, if anything pops up ill be sure to ask!

ReputationRep:
    stayed in hotel juli in 2008, was amazing. the only thing you have to watch out for is losing glasses, towels etc. from your room. at the end of the trip they make sure everything is there and if its not they do end up charging you. we got charged for a glass and a towel which worked out about 5 lev, which is nothin really. but some lads above us let off a fire extinguisher and had to pay 100 lev or they wouldn't get they're passports back. apart from that it's totally fine! going back in august but to the mariner hotel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stottface)
    Ten 18 year old guys staying at Hotel Juli in Sunny Beach 5th-19th July 2010, anyone been there can tell it what it will be like? Anybody going this summer? Thanks people.
    Me and about 35 mates are goin to SB 12th - 19th july and can't ******* wait!!
    we're stayin in hotel meridian centre or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stottface)

Hello everyone! I'm Bulgarian and i go to sunny beach every year (a couple of times each month in summer).I have lived in england for 5 yrs and in spain for 2 yr. and nothing can compare to SB. all i have to say is...you are going to have the best time of your life! Its going to be outrageously cheap for you guys. The girls are wild and out of control (in a good way)! And sexy men walking round the beaches all day its great! There is quite a few english people around. not too many. its true about the russians...theres quit a lot of them too! a bit of everything really!
    Finally you should be careful about getting things stolen, it is a poor country after all and people just want the best for themselves. Its just how it goes. keep your wallets safe and dont leave your stuff unattended on the beach.

and for those of you who smoke - a packet of 20 is the equivalent of ...something less than 2 pounds!!! <3

your never going to forget this holiday! (plus i will be there july/aug!)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I am a Bulgarian. I went to sunny beach 3 days ago and it was the coolest week in my life. There are a lot of german tourists. But there are a lot of bars and discos. The girls are really crazy . I think you will have the time of your life.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

another one here for 19th-27th July

See some of you there

ReputationRep:
    12th-20th reporting in.
    6 mates.

"hotel mariner"
    I've got high-hopes, first propper lads holiday wuheyy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geohess)
    Me and about 35 mates are goin to SB 12th - 19th july and can't ******* wait!!
    we're stayin in hotel meridian centre or something like that.
    You sure it's not Hotel Mariner?

make sure along sunny beach never exchange your currency on the street, only in banks

also restaurants along sunny beach are kinda rubbish, they convince you and the pictures are all nice, but the food is crap

nessebar has the most amazing market, again quite dodgy but keep your wits about you
    make sure you go to nessebar!

if you can get a car or go by bus, go to bourgas too, its nice
    night life in sunny beach is meant to be good, i went when i was too young so i dont know

there are nice hotels outside sunny beach too which have everything in one huge complex and buses to sunny beach all the time, just information for anyone who is looking to go in future

there's a lot of crime and poor people still and people can be quite well trained in pick pocketing etc. so dont be an idiot basically and dont leave anything anywhere...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.