Turn on thread page Beta

Holiday in Sunny Beach Bulgaria 2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    Sunny Beach is cheap!. We went to Bulgaria 3 years ago ( we stayed in Elenite which is a bit further up the coast) and spent some time in SB. Food was cheap and plentiful. If you smoke, the cigs worked out to be around £1 for 20.One thing to watch out for is the pick pockets, they try to sell you fruit and while you are distracted they rob you, I personally didnt see any of that, but our reps warned us about it. Nessebar is lovely, the shops are nice.There are also gypsies there that will sell you jewelery. I brought some really nice necklaces from them.

(Original post by Annie72)
    Sunny Beach is cheap!. We went to Bulgaria 3 years ago ( we stayed in Elenite which is a bit further up the coast) and spent some time in SB. Food was cheap and plentiful. If you smoke, the cigs worked out to be around £1 for 20.One thing to watch out for is the pick pockets, they try to sell you fruit and while you are distracted they rob you, I personally didnt see any of that, but our reps warned us about it. Nessebar is lovely, the shops are nice.There are also gypsies there that will sell you jewelery. I brought some really nice necklaces from them.
    yeahhh some of the street jewelery sellers are so annoying though, they literally come and put the jewelry on you and then ask that you pay!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    yeahhh some of the street jewelery sellers are so annoying though, they literally come and put the jewelry on you and then ask that you pay!!
    Yes thats how I ended up with 5 necklaces :p: . I think I spent around 35 Lev on the things!.She then tried to sell me her gold necklace, she said it was 22 carat gold. I declined her offer and walked away, hoping not to get a gypsies curse put on me.

ReputationRep:
    we're going in under 2 weeks now, cant wait its gunna be hectic!
    would anyone know where to get the best deal for traveller's cheques? the STRING exchange again?

ReputationRep:
    I went at the beginning of the month, absolutely awesome! So so cheap, most places had all drinks two for one and one place even gave you THREE for the price of one!! We went on one of the party crew bar crawls on our first night which helped us get an idea of all the nightlife and was really good value. We never heard of any crime and there wasn't any visible begging so as long as you take the usual care you'll be fine. Our hotel was a wee bit off the main area (Flower Street) but still central and at that time wasn't too noisy. For clubs try Iceberg and Den Glade Viking, people dance on the bars everywhere! Most tourists were German or Scandanavian with some Eastern Europeans but most people speak English and you'll find British holidaymakers easily without being trapped in a Brit ghetto. I'm so jealous of everyone going, I wanna be back there! Enjoy guys!

ReputationRep:
    haha I remember dancing on top of the bar at Den Glade Viking Soooooooo fantastic! The barman was spraying us with soda ^^

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I went to Sunny beach last year, and it is amazing!! I was worried after reading all the bad reviews, but its not like that at all!! I liked it so much we'r goin back again this year on 16th July. Its sooo cheap aswell, Beer is like 40p!! And its around 9 lev for 2 cocktails...(so like 3 quid) if you wanted go anywhere like nesserbar my advice is to go on the bus, its only 1 lev, much cheaper than taxi/day trip. Same with the waterpark, u can jump on the bus an just pay when your there. The beach is fab, just watch out for the jellyfish tho, there were loadddssss last year!!!:woo:

xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsparkle)
    Hey
    I went to Sunny beach last year, and it is amazing!! I was worried after reading all the bad reviews, but its not like that at all!! I liked it so much we'r goin back again this year on 16th July. Its sooo cheap aswell, Beer is like 40p!! And its around 9 lev for 2 cocktails...(so like 3 quid) if you wanted go anywhere like nesserbar my advice is to go on the bus, its only 1 lev, much cheaper than taxi/day trip. Same with the waterpark, u can jump on the bus an just pay when your there. The beach is fab, just watch out for the jellyfish tho, there were loadddssss last year!!!:woo:

xxxxx
    Sounds awesome

We are going on the 19th July

1GBP = 2.38 BGN Lev

So 9Lev = £3.73 :p:

Still cheap

I hear you can get a bulgarian pint out there for 1lev

= 42 p :eek3: :eek3:

If you look at this chart

Since the beginning of this year the BGN Lev has been tumbling in value to the £ - I guess due to the debt problems in the mediterranian

http://www.exchange-rates.org/history/BGN/GBP/G

Looks like we picked the best time to take a holiday there.

ReputationRep:
    Going to Sunny Beach th 12th to the 18th of Juky and by the sounds of it a lot of people going better be some hot guys there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolatePrincess)
    Going to Sunny Beach th 12th to the 18th of Juky and by the sounds of it a lot of people going better be some hot guys there
    Lots of hot blond scandinavians :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolatePrincess)
    Where you going to be at?
    We're at Hotel Mariner, jsut off the main prom!

ReputationRep:
    OOhhh I'm excited.. I'm going to Sunny Beach in two weeks with a couple of friends.. I've heard lots of great things so I'm really excited, the only thing that worries me is I've heard a lot of things about Bulgaria being racist(I'm black by the way).. but I'm hoping as Sunny Beach is a rather touristy area it shouldn't be too bad..
    =) =)

ReputationRep:
    Many eastern europeans are racist - no doubt about it, but then, so are many Brits, Americans, etc etc

But as long as you take the neccessary precautions you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    also restaurants along sunny beach are kinda rubbish, they convince you and the pictures are all nice, but the food is crap
    Very true, the food when I went in 2008 was awful!

The whole of Sunny Beach reminded me of some sort of seedy Wild West sort of town, loads of pickpockets, mafia, gangsters, prostitutes etc!

About 10 of us went in summer 2008. One mate got pickpocketed by prostitutes, one got slapped by a mafia guy for talking to his hoes and I got grabbed in a headlock by some folk musicians who tried to mug me... I'm surprised we all made it back in one piece! There were enough English people, but a lot more Germans.

Anyone who's been recently - can you still get a pint of beer for 1 lev (about 45p) in some of the bars?!

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Sunny Beach and I loved it... I'd definitely go back..

Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.