Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Accounts Unit 3 (New Spec ACCN3) Suitable Exam Questions Needed! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, basically my accounts teacher left at the start of November and I've had staggered teaching since then, most of my class weren't put into the exam but I have been (out of choice).

I've exhausted the book of all it's past exam questions and I've done the Specimen paper, but my new accounts teacher refuses to believe I've been entered into the exam and won't find me any more resources.

So I was wondering if anyone else's teacher had mocked up some exam papers or just had some past exam questions that were relevant, and if you'd mind sharing them with me?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What are the topics of the new unit 3

ReputationRep:
    Sources of Finance, Incomplete Records, Partnership Final Accounts, Changes in Partnerships, Published Accounts of Limited Companies, Cash Flow Statements, Accounting Standards, Stock Valuation (AVCO and FIFO)

ReputationRep:
    basically unit 5 & 6 of the legacy spec so you have done all of the past papers available online?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, there's no-one at my college who could tell me, apart from my new teacher who is being a complete ******* to me.

I have no idea where to look online or what this unit transferred to in the old spec, if you could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/acc_assess.php

ReputationRep:
    This is the link to the legacy past papers unit 5 and 6 are relevant to unit 3 although unit 6 has performance evaluation ratios but the rest will be the same i assume

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** him then what textbook are you using?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate it I'll bookmark it and go over them tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1905777175?...2199WXWSVY9PJ&

Using this, it's quite good, but I've done all the questions in it twice over now.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, the OCR have lots of papers, they are not dedicated to your spec obv but they are still good for practice.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...nts/index.html

Scroll down to the 'Support Materials' section and there should be some 'Additional support materials' which are about 4mb to 8mb in size. they are most of the papers and are categorised into sections so you dont have ot look through each paper just for one type of question.

ReputationRep:
    Im using this one and there is some decent questions etc http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Accou...3599625&sr=1-1

ReputationRep:
    are you ready for the exam guys?

ReputationRep:
    how many IAS's are we meant to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skadri)
    how many IAS's are we meant to know?
    IAS:
    1, 2, 7, 8, 10, 16, 18, 36, 37, 38

Good Luck for tomorrow everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm S***ING myself about tomorrow!

Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys. We can do a post mortem exam examining at 11am

ReputationRep:
    That exam was quite hard in places :mad:
    The written question were straight forward though and the Avco question.

ReputationRep:
    I got 15xx for the avco and it reduced the gross profit by 108 or something like that. Got 61xx net profit for the profit and loss and ended up with (38) for the cash flow statement therefore was off by 24 or something. The written questions were alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeadd1ct)
    I got 15xx for the avco and it reduced the gross profit by 108 or something like that. Got 61xx net profit for the profit and loss and ended up with (38) for the cash flow statement therefore was off by 24 or something. The written questions were alright.
    Same answer for Avco.
    For the net profit I think mine was around there maybe a little bit higher.
    My net cash flow was (46) so was still a few off :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.