Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Accounts Unit 3 (New Spec ACCN3) Suitable Exam Questions Needed! watch

ReputationRep:
    AQA are really weird with this exam. I couldn't believe it when I did it and NO PARTNERSHIP question and this was nearly half the text book hmmm

have to see in march how i do and what the grade boundaries are.... might retake depending because if only partnership had come up I would be like YIPPY but that huge cash flow question annoyed me ah well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr*writer)
    AQA are really weird with this exam. I couldn't believe it when I did it and NO PARTNERSHIP question and this was nearly half the text book hmmm

have to see in march how i do and what the grade boundaries are.... might retake depending because if only partnership had come up I would be like YIPPY but that huge cash flow question annoyed me ah well :rolleyes:
    I was really suprised by that to!
    I was sure it would come up. The Incomplete records one was quite confusing because for most the ones I have done before there is 2 collums one from last year one from this (Took a while to work out business only just started this year)

I think grade boundaries will be very low everyone who I spoke to after the exam found it really hard. Also those cash flow statements are so easy to drop marks on.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt think it was to bad, cant remember what figure i got for the profit and loss account but managed to get the cash flow statement correct but couldnt remember the wordings of some of the headings

ReputationRep:
    does anyone remember
    1 ) what their disposals amount was in cash flow statement??
    2 ) their profit and loss figure?
    3 ) stock valuation and gross profit?

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza19)
    does anyone remember
    1 ) what their disposals amount was in cash flow statement??
    2 ) their profit and loss figure?
    3 ) stock valuation and gross profit?

thanks.
    profit and loss figure was 61xx and stock valuation was 15xx where as the gross profit was 100 less than the estimated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeadd1ct)
    profit and loss figure was 61xx and stock valuation was 15xx where as the gross profit was 100 less than the estimated.
    My profit and loss figure was abit higher I think.
    Gross profit one Is correct I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnT92)
    My profit and loss figure was abit higher I think.
    Gross profit one Is correct I think.
    Did you include the 2750 figure in the expenses?

ReputationRep:
    i did not understand the loan thing with the incomplete accounts, as they did not pay the full thing by the bank. but all i did was put interest of £50 in the expensive. and the cash flow statement at the end was hard

ReputationRep:
    they only paid 2750 which was the repayment of the loan and the interest wasn't included however I'm assuming that it will be paid at the end of the year hence included it in the profit and loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeadd1ct)
    they only paid 2750 which was the repayment of the loan and the interest wasn't included however I'm assuming that it will be paid at the end of the year hence included it in the profit and loss.

no coz it said 550 per month and 50 interest and that they full payed it so. and i have made a poll on this exam so vote please guys.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1165143

ReputationRep:
    and u only inclued interest in the profit loss account

ReputationRep:
    I left interest out ahh well its only 1 mark.
    Looking at this thread and peoples general opinions from college I think low grade boundaries are a real possiblity
    The good thing with accounting is you get OF marks so even if you get the wrong answer but its only because you do one thing wrong you will only drop like 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    I included the interset in the expenses! Pretty sure that was correct. I know I made some kind os error cos I got a small net loss on the income statement.

I HATE cash flow statements!!! :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy Jnr)
    I included the interset in the expenses! Pretty sure that was correct. I know I made some kind os error cos I got a small net loss on the income statement.

yh i got net loss of 1484 i think.. everyone in my colij found it quite hard, hopefully low grade bounderies

ReputationRep:

A net loss :eek:
    I got quite a high profit.
    One of us probably made a mistake on one of the bigger numbers.

ReputationRep:
    i go a profit of like 10000 or 1000 not sure

ReputationRep:
    A net loss :eek:
    I got quite a high profit.
    One of us probably made a mistake on one of the bigger numbers.
    Please don't worry - it was probably me. lol

Have any two people posted the same figure??? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Please don't worry - it was probably me. lol

Have any two people posted the same figure??? :eek:
    Nobody seems to have got the same figure..that suggests it was very hard
    I will probably go over it in college tomorrow so will post the correct answers on here.

The good thing is though in accounting you get Of marks so you don't lose alot of marks if you do one thing wrong I left out the interest on the P+L so that would have taken my profit down

ReputationRep:
    Nobody seems to have got the same figure..that suggests it was very hard
    I will probably go over it in college tomorrow so will post the correct answers on here.

The good thing is though in accounting you get Of marks so you don't lose alot of marks if you do one thing wrong I left out the interest on the P+L so that would have taken my profit down
    Very true. You could have a totally different figure from the correct one and only have dropped one or two marks if only one figure has been left out. Thank god for OF marking!

ReputationRep:
    How we finding revison for the january 2011 exam then...?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.