Nursing Interviews @ MMU/UCLAN Watch

rachel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi i have an interview for child nursing at UCLAN tomorrow at 1pm. Does anyone else have an interview at this time? x
rachel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
heyi have an interview for UCLAN tomorrow anyone else got one then too? x
ashimz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rachel)
heyi have an interview for UCLAN tomorrow anyone else got one then too? x
hey u inboxed me but i dont seem to get my messages!
i do same time!
im dead nervous
good luck
rachel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ashimz)
hey u inboxed me but i dont seem to get my messages!
i do same time!
im dead nervous
good luck
awww haha i hope it goes okay for us both
im really nervous haha this your first interview? xxxxx
ashimz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
awww haha i hope it goes okay for us both
im really nervous haha this your first interview? xxxxx
no its my 3rd one and last hope have not been offered a place at the others!
so its all on this one!
is this ur 1st?you'll be fine.
fingers crossed!
x
rachel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah my first one...what types of questions do they ask? xxxx
ashimz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah my first one...what types of questions do they ask? xxxx
why nursing(child)
why this uni?
skills
and case studies
where u from?u doing A levels atm?x
rachel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
case studies? whats you mean?
and yeahh i have being doing A levels for 3 years as well as placements with the police and placements in nurerys and day cares just to gain experience you? xxxx
ashimz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
case studies? whats you mean?
and yeahh i have being doing A levels for 3 years as well as placements with the police and placements in nurerys and day cares just to gain experience you? xxxx
i've had scenarios not case study sorry at other unis for instance;a child is not eating their meal what will u do?
im doing Btech national dip in health n social care with placements at hospitals!
rachel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
awwww i hope it go's okay for us xxxxx
ashimz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
awwww i hope it go's okay for us xxxxx
hiya hoe ur good.
have u heard back from them yet?
JJ_92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i got my adult nursing interview in couple days!

what kind of questions do they ask in a group discussion.. please help me.
Thanks
nighat23
Report 6 years ago
Hi

I have an interview soon for the DipHe Mental Health Nursing Course starting in April 2012. Please can anyone advise me who has already been for an interview or has any information on how to prepare myself for the interview. I don't have a clue what discussions are going to take place and what the written assesment will be on. I have only been told there will be a group interview and a written assesment. Please can you also highlight any cureent issues on mental health. I am also researching on current issues.

Ive applied for mental health nursing but now confused and think should i have applied for adult nursing? I belive the 1st year is a foundation year, does that mean in the 2nd year I migh be allowed to switch to adult nursing if i don't enjoy mental health nursing?

Please can anyone highlight what are the differences between both Adult & Menta Health Nursing and which one has the most career prospects for example finding employment.
Nataliechristina
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nighat23)
Hi

I have an interview soon for the DipHe Mental Health Nursing Course starting in April 2012. Please can anyone advise me who has already been for an interview or has any information on how to prepare myself for the interview. I don't have a clue what discussions are going to take place and what the written assesment will be on. I have only been told there will be a group interview and a written assesment. Please can you also highlight any cureent issues on mental health. I am also researching on current issues.

Ive applied for mental health nursing but now confused and think should i have applied for adult nursing? I belive the 1st year is a foundation year, does that mean in the 2nd year I migh be allowed to switch to adult nursing if i don't enjoy mental health nursing?

Please can anyone highlight what are the differences between both Adult & Menta Health Nursing and which one has the most career prospects for example finding employment.
I have an interview on 29th feb! For adult diploma, how was your interview? I'm really nervous! Lol x
rachosty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Nataliechristina)
I have an interview on 29th feb! For adult diploma, how was your interview? I'm really nervous! Lol x
Try not to worry! I had my interview for mental health nursing diploma on 8 February and was really nervous too! As long as you've spent time preparing, you'll be fine! And in the large group discussion, just make sure you chip in with your view. The tutors are really nice and helpful!
Nataliechristina
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rachosty)
Try not to worry! I had my interview for mental health nursing diploma on 8 February and was really nervous too! As long as you've spent time preparing, you'll be fine! And in the large group discussion, just make sure you chip in with your view. The tutors are really nice and helpful!
Aww thanks hun really hope it's okay! X
Nataliechristina
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rachosty)
Hey Hun did u get onto the mental health course? My friend went for interview for the same nearly 3 weeks ago & is still waiting to hear back if you wouldn't mind shedding some light on the whole Mental health side of things? x
emmaj222
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, just wondering is anyone has had an interview at MMU for Adult Nursing yet. Just wondering what sort of questions you were asked and how the general feel of the interview was. Any relevant information will be appreciated. Thanks.
Cole_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmaj222)
Hey, just wondering is anyone has had an interview at MMU for Adult Nursing yet. Just wondering what sort of questions you were asked and how the general feel of the interview was. Any relevant information will be appreciated. Thanks.
They ask scenario questions like a nurse did not wash her hands and she is going to change a wound, what do you do and a man is obese, smokes a lot and drinks a lot how would you handle this.

Another question is why is the NMC important and what qualities do patients value the most. Good luck
bowlingfordsa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've applied for adult nursing and I'm waiting to hear about the interviews. I've heard that its a "selection event" and group interviews with literacy and numerical tests...only slightly bricking it! Been revising fractions and metric conversions but maths has never even my strong point. Does anyone know if you get extra time for being an SpLD student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (668)
90.76%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (68)
9.24%

Watched Threads