Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I know this seems like a really stupid question but do you think this may have been a miscarraige?

A while ago I had very, very bad cramps during my period. I have never had cramps at any point before, so this was very out of the ordinary. They were so bad that I had to go home early and painkillers didn't really have any effect. My period that month was also a few days late and was alot heavier than usual.

Just prior to this my breasts were quite sore, even wearing a bra was uncomfortable sometimes and i often had a feeling of nausea. I did not vomit, retched and came close many times and had that feeling in the back of my throat alot of the time.

I know it seems like such a stupid question but i've been thinking about it alot recently for several reasons. I wondered at the time but was afraid to go to the Doctors

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Yes it is possible you had an early miscarriage, a lot of pregnancies end in a miscarriage before the woman even knows theyre pregnant, I dont think the numbers are clear but it could be as high as 50%. Have you been using contraception? I wouldnt wory about it, unless your still bleeding

Hope that helps!x

ReputationRep:
    did u bleed a little abnormally? it sounds like you did have a miscarriage. did u know u were pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wondered at the time but was afraid to go to the Doctors
    Why?

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Why?
    I know it sounds stupid not going but there was a few other things going on at the time, i just couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds stupid not going but there was a few other things going on at the time, i just couldn't.
    And now?

There's no point. It's not like they could tell me know either way

sorry, 'now'.

(Original post by pink_flower)
    Hi there,

Yes it is possible you had an early miscarriage, a lot of pregnancies end in a miscarriage before the woman even knows theyre pregnant, I dont think the numbers are clear but it could be as high as 50%. Have you been using contraception? I wouldnt wory about it, unless your still bleeding

Hope that helps!x
    Thanks for the reply. I just wanted another opinion. Thanks you

(Original post by Pareesasa)
    did u bleed a little abnormally? it sounds like you did have a miscarriage. did u know u were pregnant?
    Thanks for the reply. No, i didn't know, that's why i wasn't sure. Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point. It's not like they could tell me know either way
    But a forum of students is more likely and qualified?

But a forum of students is more likely and qualified?
    No, but a forum of students aren't going to be able to help someone who is ill in the time they're taking to reply to this message. I don't want to waste a doctors time when there is nothing they can do about it and they could be spending that time helping someone else

ReputationRep:
    No, but a forum of students aren't going to be able to help someone who is ill in the time they're taking to reply to this message. I don't want to waste a doctors time when there is nothing they can do about it and they could be spending that time helping someone else
    If it's important and it is a situation you are thinking about and/or makes you sad, that is something for your GP. No-one is going to die by going to the waiting room 10 minutes later than they would've if you hadn't seen your GP.

If it's important and it is a situation you are thinking about and/or makes you sad, that is something for your GP. No-one is going to die by going to the waiting room 10 minutes later than they would've if you hadn't seen your GP.
    Right , okay, i get it. I'm stupid. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Right , okay, i get it. I'm stupid. Thanks.
    :lolwut:

Your words, not mine.

Thanks for the neg rep though. I see help is appreciated. You're on your own.

ReputationRep:
    Yum yum, miscarriage omlette tonight!! Lucky you!

WARNING GRAPHIC

I have suffered from a miscarriage, i was 4 weeks pregnant. I had huge, bloody lumps falling out of me when i went to the toilet, it was like having a bowel movement 10 times in one go, then i had the feeling something was coming out every half hour and the same lumps were coming out for about 6 hours (every half hour).
    The pain was unreal, i couldn't help but cry from the physical pain.

I am sorry for being so graphic but i wanted to share my experience
    Some times i get very heavy periods with clots when i am a few days late and with cramps, i think this is just your cycle changing.

WARNING GRAPHIC

I have suffered from a miscarriage, i was 4 weeks pregnant. I had huge, bloody lumps falling out of me when i went to the toilet, it was like having a bowel movement 10 times in one go, then i had the feeling something was coming out every half hour and the same lumps were coming out for about 6 hours (every half hour).
    The pain was unreal, i couldn't help but cry from the physical pain.

I am sorry for being so graphic but i wanted to share my experience
    Some times i get very heavy periods with clots when i am a few days late and with cramps, i think this is just your cycle changing.

Are you sure you were only 4 weeks?

I was 7 weeks when I miscarried and my passing was not as bad as yours.
    It was normal period cramping, with some sharp pains in between, that weren't that bad, and I only had a maximum of 4 blood clots come out (the size of a teaspoon and the width of the spoon part of the teaspoon)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.