Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good workout plan, but not sure what to eat.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently I'm at the gym doing a large amount of cardio and a bit of weight training on the side.

BUT, I don't know if I'm eating right. Usually I have;

Breakfast - Chocolate Slimfast Milkshake

Afternoon - Apple, water, carrot

Evening - Coco Pops (with semi skimmed milk)

What should i replace? Coco Pops seems like the obvious choice, but is it really bad for a person trying to lose massive weight?

Also, if I keep up a good diet and exercise routine for three months straight, how much weight can I expect to lose?

And lastly, how many calories are there on cheese on toast, using wholemeal bread?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're trolling. To eat like that would be a very depressing life indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is a bit depressing but gotta make sacrifices when wanting to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    lmao you hadm me at breakfast, then i read carrot and apple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC24)
    Currently I'm at the gym doing a large amount of cardio and a bit of weight training on the side.

BUT, I don't know if I'm eating right. Usually I have;

Breakfast - Chocolate Slimfast Milkshake

Afternoon - Apple, water, carrot

Evening - Coco Pops (with semi skimmed milk)

What should i replace? Coco Pops seems like the obvious choice, but is it really bad for a person trying to lose massive weight?

Also, if I keep up a good diet and exercise routine for three months straight, how much weight can I expect to lose?

And lastly, how many calories are there on cheese on toast, using wholemeal bread?
    Your diet is bloody atrocious. Not enough calories (even for someone trying to lose weight), not enough protein, not enough healthy fats. Read the Fitness Sticky, especially the bits on Healthy Eating Basics.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=721990

ReputationRep:
    WOW that is just atrotious seriously Slim Fast and coco pops thats terrible.
    For breakfast have museli or oatmeal and for lunch have a sandwich with meat in it loaded with salad. And guess what for dinner actually have a meal. if that is your diet you have barely no fluid intake and food with nutritional values.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I know my diet is atrocious, but I'm new to this weight loss thing. In any case, I've altered my diet.

BREKFAST - Slimfast (or should I?!) OR 1 wholemeal toast and boiled egg
    LUNCH - Egg sandwich on wholemeal brown bread
    LIGHT SNACK - Packet of of steamed veg
    DINNER - White fish (has 225 calories though, any good?)

And lots of water/powerade throughout the day and at the gym.

ReputationRep:
    How fat are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    How fat are you?
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC24)
    Quite.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously, height and weight?

(Original post by LFC24)
    Quite.
    What is your calorie maintenance level?

ReputationRep:
    Nah Im not that fat, just big with a few extra pounds that I can turn into muscle.

Ermm calorie maintenance? I take about 400 and burn 300. But Ive only started working out this week so I'll be burning more soon

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Dude, read up a little about nutrition. You are eating more than 400 kcal a day. You are burning more than 300kcal a day.

ReputationRep:
    lolz...i didn't know they stil made slimfast products...

ReputationRep:
    Don't try any stupid diets. Basically continue eating like a normal person (not stuffing your face with cake) and exercise a lot. You will see results in a matter of months and not end up being skinny-fat, as you will if you persist in eating like a moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    :lolwut:

Dude, read up a little about nutrition. You are eating more than 400 kcal a day. You are burning more than 300kcal a day.
    What should I be doing, eating less? burning more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC24)
    BREKFAST - Slimfast (or should I?!) OR 1 wholemeal toast and boiled egg
    Ditch the slimfast altogether and have something like porridge, scrambled eggs, etc.

(Original post by LFC24)
    LUNCH - Egg sandwich on wholemeal brown bread
    Not bad, tuna, chicken, etc wouldn't go amiss either.

(Original post by LFC24)
    LIGHT SNACK - Packet of of steamed veg
    This should be in your lunch and dinner - you diet is severely lacking on the vegetable and fruit front.

(Original post by LFC24)
    DINNER - White fish (has 225 calories though, any good?)
    You have serious issues. White fish isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination and 225 cals isn't much...forget much - it's tiny.

Get some vegetables in there and some decent carbs (ie; vegetables, beans, lentils, quinoa, etc) at the very least.

(Original post by LFC24)
    And lots of water/powerade throughout the day and at the gym.
    Powerade is loaded with sugar - stick to water.

(Original post by LFC24)
    Nah Im not that fat, just big with a few extra pounds that I can turn into muscle.

Ermm calorie maintenance? I take about 400 and burn 300. But Ive only started working out this week so I'll be burning more soon
    If you're not that fat why are you eating like a starving Ethiopian? Seriously mate this is eating disorder territory.

If you want to eat better increase your calorific intake to around 1500 cals, get a decent portion of protein into every meal (ie; meat, fish, eggs, nuts, beans, lentils, etc), a decent source of carbs (ie; oats, quinoa, vegetables, beans, lentils, wholewheat pasta, etc) and plenty of vegetables.

If you think that what you're eating is 'normal' and can't see the error of your ways I suggest you pay your doctor a visit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just eating really less because I keep getting told I have to burn more cals than I eat, that's the only way to lose weight. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.

Oh, and anyone know how many cals are there on cheese on toast (brown bread)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC24)
    I'm just eating really less because I keep getting told I have to burn more cals than I eat, that's the only way to lose weight. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.
    In part but when you're running a large calorie deficit and/or a low protein diet (like what you're doing) you're going to be losing muscle as well as fat which isn't going to be doing you any favours - it will make it harder for you to lose fat in the future and you won't look as good for it.

Also your body will adapt to an incredibly low calorific intake by lowering your basal metabolic rate and cutting back on some biological processes to conserve energy - you can actually lose more fat if you eat more decent food.

(Original post by LFC24)
    Oh, and anyone know how many cals are there on cheese on toast (brown bread)?
    That's not of any concern to you given how little you're eating.

Honestly this is eating disorder territory - cutting progressively back on calories (on an already extremely low calorific intake) and doing large amounts of exercise.

Eat more, but eat better.

Likewise think about spending less time in the gym but working more intelligently (eg; think about doing some HIIT, start doing Starting Strength, etc).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.