Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to do a secondary PGCE and was asked for an interview at my first choice. I was rejected and was really gutted because it was where I really wanted to go. I was also rejected by my second choice which knocked my confidence even more.

At this point I saw a job advertised, it was in a graduate job in a school and it looked perfect for me, it was for one year in which i would live and work in a school. I applied and then forgot about it.

I then got an interview at my third choice and found I loved the place, and was also offered a place, to which i was thrilled.

I have no been offered an interview for this job and i really dont know what to do. Part of me thinks id be mad to turn down a place on the course if i was to get the job, but part of me feels its the right thing to do and could really benefit me long term. I know it cant hurt to go to the interview, but if i do go and i do get an offer then im going to have a hard decision to make. I'm not sure if im able to defer my place.

What would anyone else do? I think the safe option would be to just turn down the interview and start my PGCE, but there is a part of me that still really wants this job.

Thoughts, opinions...all appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    Just go along to the interview and see. You'll get the interview practice and your decision will be better informed. You don't have to take the job even if you are offered it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.