Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Decision 2 - Wednesday 20th January watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing this exam?

My class has gone for early entry because it's a pretty short module and we finished learning everything in a few months. I don't expect many other people to be doing this tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's on Wednesday? I thought it was Thursday :p:

But yeah I'm doing the exam, hopefully it'll go fine. They seem to have one question per module every paper, let's hope they don't change that :p:

The only problems I have are with network flows, so I guess I'll have to go over that again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weeman5872)
    It's on Wednesday? I thought it was Thursday :p:

But yeah I'm doing the exam, hopefully it'll go fine. They seem to have one question per module every paper, let's hope they don't change that :p:

The only problems I have are with network flows, so I guess I'll have to go over that again.
    Nope, pretty sure it's Wednesday

I hate dynamic programming, it's so tedious and dull. The other topics are all nice though, and I think this is easier than D1. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Nope, pretty sure it's Wednesday

I hate dynamic programming, it's so tedious and dull. The other topics are all nice though, and I think this is easier than D1. What do you think?
    Yeah, a lot easier than D1; I have to resit D1 since it was so boring, D2 is fine though :p:

ReputationRep:
    I just did a paper. In the Hungarian algorithm question, I covered the table with 4 lines, but they're different to whats in the mark scheme so my next table was wrong. But I got the next part correct using that table; so do I actually lose the marks in the previous part?

ReputationRep:
    I just did a paper. In the Hungarian algorithm question, I covered the table with 4 lines, but they're different to whats in the mark scheme so my next table was wrong. But I got the next part correct using that table; so do I actually lose the marks in the previous part?
    Which paper was this?

ReputationRep:
    Which paper was this?
    Jan '09

ReputationRep:
    Jan '09
    Which part? As long as you reduced the columns first for part a. And when you cover the 0's, you have to use as few lines as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Which part? As long as you reduced the columns first for part a. And when you cover the 0's, you have to use as few lines as possible.
    Part b, I shown it could be covered with 3 lines the same as they have; and got the same table where they've covered it with 4 lines:

But I covered it differently (Mine on the left, theirs on the right)

1 x 1 x xLLLLLLL1 3 1 x x
    4 x 1 x xLLLLLLL4 2 1 x x
    1 x 2 x xLLLLLLL1 3 2 x x
    1 x 1 x xLLLLLLLx x x x x
    x x x x xLLLLLLLx x x x x

But I get the matchings and minimum time overall

So would I lose the marks in the previous part for not being the same?

ReputationRep:
    Part b, I shown it could be covered with 3 lines the same as they have; and got the same table where they've covered it with 4 lines:

But I covered it differently (Mine the left, theres the right)

1 x 1 x xLLLLLLL1 3 1 x x
    4 x 1 x xLLLLLLL4 2 1 x x
    1 x 2 x xLLLLLLL1 3 2 x x
    1 x 1 x xLLLLLLLx x x x x
    x x x x xLLLLLLLx x x x x

But I get the matchings and minimum time overall

So would I lose the marks in the previous part for not being the same?
    Hmmmmm I duno, your method is just as good and the mark schemes.. but it says 'correct solution only' :/

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm I duno, your method is just as good and the mark schemes.. but it says 'correct solution only' :/
    Yeah, I hope nothing happens like that in the exam :/

Just as I thought D2 was good, something like that happens :p:

ReputationRep:
    hi im doing aqa d2 again as i completely messed up on the simplex algorithms first time round. this exam isnt too bad though. good luck to everyone doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesh_888)
    hi im doing aqa d2 again as i completely messed up on the simplex algorithms first time round. this exam isnt too bad though. good luck to everyone doing it.
    I've done that a few times actually, I use my graphics calculator as it can do row operations. That's probably cheating, but I'd rather not make silly mistakes with the arithmatic :p:

Just finally got how to do network flows, for ages it was the only topic I didn't understand out of everything. Still hopefully the exam won't be too bad

ReputationRep:
    For hungarian algorithm when you have to cover the zeros with a minimum number of lines, do you have a method on how to do it? Or do you just look at each one differently?

ReputationRep:
    For hungarian algorithm when you have to cover the zeros with a minimum number of lines, do you have a method on how to do it? Or do you just look at each one differently?
    I don't think there is a method.. I just draw the first line so that it covers the most uncovered 0's, then do the same again

Btw, what graphics calculator do you use for the simplex?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a method.. I just draw the first line so that it covers the most uncovered 0's, then do the same again

Btw, what graphics calculator do you use for the simplex?
    I try to do that, but sometimes I end up having too many lines. And Casio 9750GII, got them through the school for like £30 :p:

ReputationRep:
    I try to do that, but sometimes I end up having too many lines. And Casio 9750GII, got them through the school for like £30 :p:
    Draw a rough table on the question paper and try different combinations to see if you can do it using less lines? That way your answer doesnt look messy if you get it wrong

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's almost time for the exam... and I'm trying my best to revise for it. But, in a mock that I did last week, I managed to only lose two marks.

But good luck to all of you.

ReputationRep:
    So how was it for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazerxz)
    So how was it for everyone?
    I took it today...

Went really badly!
    Ah well retake I guess :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.