Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yea. I skipped the Dynamic one first go round, not because I couldn't do it, but because I wanted time for the last question. Which took me ages, and I couldn't work out it meant by all that {S,A,T},{R,S} rubbish. So then I ran out of time to go back to the DP one

ReputationRep:
    Took this earlier, I didn't think it was hard, just that it was too long. Spent too long doing Simplex, mucked up DP and spent ages finding the errors, then ran out of time on network flows. Ah well, retake I guess :P

ReputationRep:
    Took that paper too. Question 5, 10 marks..wheyyy :p:

I definatly messed up the network flows question after you find the values of the cuts, picked the highest cut value rather than the lowest. Finished with 5 mins left, hopefully I didn't do too badly. Can always resit it anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    Arghhh I did so bad in this exam.

It was all easy and going well untill I realised I had 30 mins for Q5 and Q6, which happened to be the hardest questions.. I didn't get the dynamic programming at all and made some hideous mistake on the simplex table and ended up getting weird fractions for my P, x, y and z values.

For the game theory, was the answer P = 1/6 and 1-P = 5/6 for the mixed strategy?

Guess I'm guna be resitting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Arghhh I did so bad in this exam.

It was all easy and going well untill I realised I had 30 mins for Q5 and Q6, which happened to be the hardest questions.. I didn't get the dynamic programming at all and made some hideous mistake on the simplex table and ended up getting weird fractions for my P, x, y and z values.

For the game theory, was the answer P = 1/6 and 1-P = 5/6 for the mixed strategy?

Guess I'm guna be resitting
    Yeah I got that. I probably will too, since I messed up the network flow, and probably messed up the dynamic programming question too.

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the values of P, x, y and z in the simplex algorithm?
    I can't remember what i got for x and y but I think i i got;
    p= 27 and z=0
    was that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krazerxz)
    Yea. I skipped the Dynamic one first go round, not because I couldn't do it, but because I wanted time for the last question. Which took me ages, and I couldn't work out it meant by all that {S,A,T},{R,S} rubbish. So then I ran out of time to go back to the DP one
    It just meant that there is a cut between those vertices. ie. S,A,T on one side of the cut and R,S on the other.

The paper wasn't that hard, it was just too long for me and I didn't have any time to start the last two questions - ~20 marks. So I had my paper destroyed instead..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got this paper they could send me please? Or know where I could get it?

ReputationRep:
    Found it!
    Posted here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post25450161

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.