Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Hoody555)
    Wouldn't wanna mess with you :eek:
    :ahee:

He just kissed someone and randomly told you or kissed someone whilst he was your boyfriend? If it's the latter, then I'm not sure. You should view it as a whole rather than just one thing. Think about your whole relationship and him. Has he ever hurt you before like this? Is he stupid and makes dumbass mistakes? Could he have taken it further but didn't? Was he drunk? How long ago did he do it? Does he regret it? Why was he honest about it? Does he love you? You get my drift. It'll take alot of thinking. If that is too much hassle for you, just decide if you want to stay with him or not, if yes stay, if no go.

ReputationRep:
    2 slaps and a kick up the bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)
    I just vomited in my mouth by how corny that all was.
    In which way was that corny? If i am with someone, they're obviuosly important to me, meaning i'm not going to go around making 'mistakes' with other guys..and the same for him..if he kisses another girl..he is gone, i dont give a crap what his excuse is... what can i say, i'm not the spineless forgiving type, and i'm not all that understanding neither..its not corny at all..its called caring for someone, and showing that person respect

ReputationRep:
    if it was before we got together then nothing happens

if it was while he was with me (in other words he cheated) then he would be without his gonads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)
    In which way was that corny? If i am with someone, they're obviuosly important to me, meaning i'm not going to go around making 'mistakes' with other guys..and the same for him..if he kisses another girl..he is gone, i dont give a crap what his excuse is... what can i say, i'm not the spineless forgiving type, and i'm not all that understanding neither..its not corny at all..its called caring for someone, and showing that person respect
    I'm interested in how you being "not all that understanding" works with "caring for someone, and showing that person respect".

It's people with such a penchant for 'spineless' retribution that make me despair.

ReputationRep:
    spineless forgiving type
    forgiving someone doesn't make you spineless. I forgave him because I chose to, not because I'm incapable of making any other decision. the way that you would react isn't the ONLY right way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    I'm interested in how you being "not all that understanding" works with "caring for someone, and showing that person respect".

It's people with such a penchant for 'spineless' retribution that make me despair.

unfortunately i'm not intelligent enough to understand your last bit, but i didn't think i was Not understanding until this thread..but i simply must not be if i would forgive my bf for kissing another girl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    forgiving someone doesn't make you spineless. I forgave him because I chose to, not because I'm incapable of making any other decision. the way that you would react isn't the ONLY right way.
    i know and you're right, i've just seen too many people get hurt..which could explain my views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    this did happen to me.

I went a bit mental and screamed at him in the street. it wasn't my classiest moment. I was mostly over it by the next day though. we didn't break up.
    Thats quite a noble thing - if thats the right word:confused:

If it happened that i had a girlfriend that kissed another guy there would be a huuuge breakdown of trust and i dunno im quite stubborn with people regaining my trust. But well done for not being :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever realised how monogamy rhymes with monotony? Take the hint.

ReputationRep:
    i know and you're right, i've just seen too many people get hurt..which could explain my views
    I was upset at the time, but that's not the only thing to consider when it comes to ending a long-term relationship.

1st offence (provided I hear it from him, and he is very apolgetic): Big chat about why, who, when, and promises that it will not happen again
    2nd offence: Hes long gone.

If he doesn't learn after the 1st mistake, he never will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    I was upset at the time, but that's not the only thing to consider when it comes to ending a long-term relationship.
    i have been with my bf for 5years, you must be a very strong individual, because ok a kiss...but anything more and i just couldn't do it.. even after everything lol the thought is making me sad

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pissed for a good while, but eventually I'd probably simmer down.

ReputationRep:
    i have been with my bf for 5years, you must be a very strong individual, because ok a kiss...but anything more and i just couldn't do it.. even after everything lol the thought is making me sad
    If it had been anything more than that, maybe I'd react differently. I know for other people, a kiss would be the end of it and I can sort of understand that.

I'm glad I didn't break up with him though, because it would have meant missing out on the rest of our relationship, the friendship we have now and it would have soured the relationship between me and the girl who he kissed. In the context of that, and what we had, the importance of one foolish, drunken mistake pales in comparison. what he did was bad, and I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but it wasn't worth giving all that up for.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.