Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccioJellyBean)
    A few. I know some Asian Jews.
    Really? Of what nationality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    I think there reason for her getting elected was more because of her Labour tag.
    Well yes. It was 1997, no-one wanted five more years of John Major, EU infighting and scandals. Not even the tory party.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or know any black jews. I have yet to come across one, nor have I seen any.
    No, but there are loads though.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Of what nationality?
    Chinese

ReputationRep:
    come to think of it... no

ReputationRep:
    No. Weird, huh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    I bought a Lenny Kravitz cd once. Was good.
    Thats mixed race, his father was white jewish his mother was black, its not quite the same.

ReputationRep:
    no. jews are basically as much a race as a religion. ive never heard of a jew who hasnt inherited his judaism

ReputationRep:
    I worked at a Jewish summer camp. Some of the kids were black. Not many, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    no. jews are basically as much a race as a religion. ive never heard of a jew who hasnt inherited his judaism
    According to the Wikipedia link posted earlier, there has been a Black Jewish community in Ethiopia for centuries. So they have inherited it too. Of course it's questionable if there are actually any significant genetic links between them and european and middle eastern jews. But the point is they have both been established Jewish communities for a long time. Israel recognises them as Jews so they are allowed to live in Israel.

ReputationRep:
    zab judah

there's nuff in america but they have quite controversial views about what constitutes being a jew and do not class themselves as being part of the same community as white jews with names like goldberg etc.

black hebrewites believe that they are the real jews and that today's white jews are frauds etc.

ReputationRep:
    haha black jews, haha thats new

ReputationRep:
    I don't know a black person or a Jew in real life, never mind some kind of awful hybrid.

ReputationRep:
    Oona King is. And I think Whoopi Goldberg is part Jewish.

ReputationRep:
    No, but there probably are some...somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Back in the early 1990s when there was civil war and famine going on in Ethiopia, there was a big news splash around the rescue of Jews from that country - http://www.britannica.com/bps/additi...Ethiopian-Jews

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/judaism/ne...0455287&pnum=1 is another article on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I don't know a black person or a Jew in real life, never mind some kind of awful hybrid.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    :lolwut:
    wat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    wat
    Whats so awful about a black jew?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    ooh, that'd be unlucky wouldn't it?!

joking
    What? the stereotypical Jew is seen as intelligent and successful. The stereotypical Black is seen as cool and whatever. Mix them up and you have an intelligent, cool and successful guy :awesome:

I wouldn't mind being intelligent cool and successful :p: Although I would mind racism, slavery, pogroms, prosecution and holocausts

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.