Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

You walk into a takeaway what do you buy? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What would you buy?
    1.) Chicken and chips
    22.82%
    2.) Cheese burger
    15.44%
    3.) Chicken burger
    19.46%
    4.) Pizza
    28.86%
    5.) None because of health risks
    9.40%
    6.) None because I am vegetarian
    4.03%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    Yeah I don't know what their secret is! boy who owns it must make a fortune, ques out the door every saturday :eek3:

Best chippy in the city imo.
    If not it is pretty close, the l'alba d'ora in Henderson Row is great too. It's like a pilgrimage going all the out there for a chippy- a worthwhile pilgrimage though. I sound like I have chippys like all the time lol.

ReputationRep:
    Big BBQ Pizza two for the price of one!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on mood/funds, but usually cheeseburger because it's usually cheapest. I'd happily choose any of them though! :sogood:

Oh! I'm not a teenager! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    Haha

Hey look at this (fastest way to make a pizza)
    Why tease me with that vid?

ReputationRep:
    Food thread. Wicked... apart from one thing.

Where the balls is the kebab option!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    If not it is pretty close, the l'alba d'ora in Henderson Row is great too. It's like a pilgrimage going all the out there for a chippy- a worthwhile pilgrimage though. I sound like I have chippys like all the time lol.
    Is this the one near inverleith where it comes in a box instead of just a bag ?

If so then yeah it's pretty good aswell I've only been the once but I think the novelty of it getting served in a box played a big part in the rating :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't eat the ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    Is this the one near inverleith where it comes in a box instead of just a bag ?

If so then yeah it's pretty good aswell I've only been the once but I think the novelty of it getting served in a box played a big part in the rating :p:
    :yes: . You gotta love boxes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    :yes: . You gotta love boxes.
    I guess you are forced to love them when all hearts fans live in one :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Depends on mood/funds, but usually cheeseburger because it's usually cheapest. I'd happily choose any of them though! :sogood:

Oh! I'm not a teenager! :o:
    It doesn't matter your views are still valuable. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Why tease me with that vid?
    Haha.

Mate I've had so many dreams about that. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Because vegetarians can't eat pizzas and where is the option for just chips? :P

I voted pizza.

Chicken burger, everytime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    I'm talking about like sober cases. Before you go out and stuff.
    Then on the very rare occurrences I visit takeway places (excluding burger king when i need a wee), then it will most probs be a nice hot n spicy curry...

ReputationRep:
    cheesy chips or calzone

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I always get Chinese. :love: vegetarian chow mien and fried rice. If I just want a snack then hello spring rolls

ReputationRep:
    I like chips cheese and gravy!

ReputationRep:
    If I had to buy any of those, it'd be a pizza. But really I'd far rather a really good chicken satay. Ohh, mega cravings now!

ReputationRep:
    Something that is probably made up of 10% chicken and 90% other critters from the factory floor then covered in grease and batter and served to me in chunks in a box. Then I eat them. By the 10th nugget I've sobered up and they've stopped tasting so good and of chicken and I have to force them down so I don't end up hungry and hungover...

That's my choice at 3 in the morning. Most of the time my choice is similar when I've not been out XD

ReputationRep:
    Fish and chips normally, unless it's after a night out then it will be chicken and chips.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.