Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has an interview/portfolio at Coventry University or have past experience going to one.
    What is expected?

ReputationRep:
    I have one what date you planning on going i still got to pick the date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallium)
    I have one what date you planning on going i still got to pick the date
    hey! I have booked mine for Wednesday 17th February, what course do you have an interview for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Ng)
    hey! I have booked mine for Wednesday 17th February, what course do you have an interview for?
    feb 17th for economics

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview last year for advertising and media
    they just want to look through your work and talk to you; make sure the course is right for you, make sure you're the kind of person they want on their course (i.e. not a slacker and ur taking the course for the right reasons) talk about the course and what you know about it and talk a bit about your a-levels/etc.

I was scared-as but it was really ok

good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAmberN)
    I had an interview last year for advertising and media
    they just want to look through your work and talk to you; make sure the course is right for you, make sure you're the kind of person they want on their course (i.e. not a slacker and ur taking the course for the right reasons) talk about the course and what you know about it and talk a bit about your a-levels/etc.

I was scared-as but it was really ok

good luck everyone!
    Hey, thanks for your reply!
    Yea I know what you mean
    All I need to know is how much are they expecting for a portfolio? a big file? a few sheets?

ReputationRep:
    feb 17th for economics
    Nice! Good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Ng)
    Hey, thanks for your reply!
    Yea I know what you mean
    All I need to know is how much are they expecting for a portfolio? a big file? a few sheets?
    That's ok
    Just anything you think is relevant really. They don't mind how much is in there, they just want to see something
    I had a regular ring-binder with only a few things, as that's all I'd done. I put in:
    *GCSE course work:
    - two (or was it three lol) essays
    - magazine front cover, two-page contents and two-page article
    *A-Level course work:
    - magazine front cover
    - magazine two-page article
    - essay, research project

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Got to go for an Economics interview but can't make the dates the have on their website so emailed them. Presume I won't need to take a portfolio, surely that's just for art or media etc.?

ReputationRep:
    feb 17th for economics
    my interview is on the 6th march for financal economics wat economics course have u applied 4 n wat do u think there gonna ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DESI_BOY)
    my interview is on the 6th march for financal economics wat economics course have u applied 4 n wat do u think there gonna ask

i applied for straight economics i don't think its like a proper interview more like showing you around the campus talking about the course etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAmberN)
    That's ok
    Just anything you think is relevant really. They don't mind how much is in there, they just want to see something
    I had a regular ring-binder with only a few things, as that's all I'd done. I put in:
    *GCSE course work:
    - two (or was it three lol) essays
    - magazine front cover, two-page contents and two-page article
    *A-Level course work:
    - magazine front cover
    - magazine two-page article
    - essay, research project

Hope that helps
    Ahh thats a gret help, I think I shall bring my World Development notes & coursework from both AS and currently at A2.
    Well thanks for the help much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that should do the trick
    And no probs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.