Somerville
    St. Peters
    St. Hughes
    St. Edmund Hall
    St. Catherines
    St. Annes
    Queens

and this is based on:

1.) Closeness to city centre - clubs etc!!
    2.) Quality of accommodation and how permanent it is
    3.) IT Facilities
    4.) Where it is near other colleges and really "integrated" in ox uni - if ya know what i mean. i.e.) not isolated/on its own.
    5.) general facilities and atmosphere

thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    please people!

ReputationRep:
    i need your advice!

ReputationRep:
    please help and answer somebody, whats with the muteness.

ReputationRep:
    I spent four days in Brasenose this week and thought it was very nice; although I have not seenmany other colleges I would certainly recommend it.

It is very central and close to many other colleges (Lincoln, Execter, Jesus, All Souls, ...). I found everyone there to be very friendly, it is a small college and not a really academic one so if that is what you are looking for then I would recommend that.

However, I would say that you should spend some time looking at the prospectus and website and then perhaps go to some open days. Through these sources you should be able to find the answers to your questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    I spent four days in Brasenose this week and thought it was very nice; although I have not seenmany other colleges I would certainly recommend it.

It is very central and close to many other colleges (Lincoln, Execter, Jesus, All Souls, ...). I found everyone there to be very friendly, it is a small college and not a really academic one so if that is what you are looking for then I would recommend that.

However, I would say that you should spend some time looking at the prospectus and website and then perhaps go to some open days. Through these sources you should be able to find the answers to your questions.
    when u mean "not an academic one" i dont understand at u mean. u mean as in "people often socailize and go out, ahve a luagh etc. more than perhaps oxford is stereotyped for"?

by the way, what is the accommodation and facilities like? is tehre permanent accommodation for all 3 years of the degree? is it near oxford city centre?

thanks 4 helping, and least some1 has!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)

Brasenose..not academic?????!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i spent 330-6pm at brasenose on tuesday this week. it seemed nice (better looking than exeter which is where i applied) but the fact that american psycho 2 was showing in the JCR probably didnt help my nerves before the physics interview lol! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i spent 330-6pm at brasenose on tuesday this week. it seemed nice (better looking than exeter which is where i applied) but the fact that american psycho 2 was showing in the JCR probably didnt help my nerves before the physics interview lol! :eek:
    it has a better applicants to places ration than exeter, and its better looking than exeter in your opinion, and its very central so it close to bars, clubs, etc., yet u applied to exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_thompson)
    it has a better applicants to places ration than exeter, and its better looking than exeter in your opinion, and its very central so it close to bars, clubs, etc., yet u applied to exeter?
    And yet you are asking about colleges a year in advance? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Brasenose
    Somerville
    St. Peters
    St. Hughes
    St. Edmund Hall
    St. Catherines
    St. Annes
    Queens

and this is based on:

1.) Closeness to city centre - clubs etc!!
    2.) Quality of accommodation and how permanent it is
    3.) IT Facilities
    4.) Where it is near other colleges and really "integrated" in ox uni - if ya know what i mean. i.e.) not isolated/on its own.
    5.) general facilities and atmosphere

thanks a lot.
    St Hughs? Close to the city centre? Are you joking?

ReputationRep:
    anyway, maskall, why haven't you learnt to spell yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    St Hughs? Close to the city centre? Are you joking?
    who on earth said tht st.hugh's is close to the centre? it isnt.

those 5 points r the criteria which i want people to base their opinions on.

ReputationRep:
    who on earth said tht st.hugh's is close to the centre? it isnt.

those 5 points r the criteria which i want people to base their opinions on.
    For goodness sake, this whole I must get to Oxbridge because my parents whispered it to me when I was born is driving me potty

edders: clean out that potty mouth blamps!

ReputationRep:
    meh well i was interviewed at both so i could get places at either (highly unlikely from brasenose though because i was in stupid mode).

'differentiate ln (cos (x^2 +1 ))'
    me: 'errrr, um, is that further maths?'
    lol a classic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    For goodness sake, this whole I must get to Oxbridge because my parents whispered it to me when I was born is driving me potty

edders: clean out that potty mouth blamps!
    I have just finished cleaning my teeth

ReputationRep:
    meh well i was interviewed at both so i could get places at either (highly unlikely from brasenose though because i was in stupid mode).

lol a classic
    is that further maths? and why do u need further mths anyway, u r applying 4 physics, so surely they wud ask u questions on electricity and forces and space and stuff.

i thought differentiation wud be for a maths interview....

ReputationRep:
    is that further maths? and why do u need further mths anyway, u r applying 4 physics, so surely they wud ask u questions on electricity and forces and space and stuff.

For Physics it is preferable to have further maths

ReputationRep:

If you think Physics is not about maths, then think again

ReputationRep:
    2x sin(x^2+1)/cos(x^2+1)

what were you thinking, boy? you shouldnae have gone out drinking so much.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.