Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel the need to make this anonymous since I have nothing to hide.

I can have enough money that is comfortable. I mean I do not owe money to anyone, no bills to pay, driving is sorted so no direct debits etc. But I still worry about money all the time.

I have had 3 jobs in the last 4 months and I have left them for no apparent reason, except for the 1st one but that was McDonald's and I hated it. I did not even ring up or anything I just never turned up again and ignored the phone calls.

I can be really really happy and everything is going great and then when I just stop and think I can just go all depressed and it continues for the rest of the day.

I really really hate feeling like that because it reflects onto my attitude towards people and I just seem to 'bite' when im in the "depressed" mood.

I have nothing to really be depressed about.. I have great future plans a new job in the NHS starting soon. Heres an example of me getting depressed actually.

I am starting as a health care assistant with the NHS and my contract ends 31st July 2010. That made me depressed all day long.. the fact that my contract ends so soon.

I don't know what I expect to get from this topic but it is really hard..

ReputationRep:
    Have you suffered from depression in the past? If so, then I think it's normal. I still get off days but I've learnt I just have to ride it out. If you haven't suffered before- that's still ok, everyone is allowed to feel off. I think you just have to find some way of getting through it. With the example you've given I would think a) That's a long time away yet and b) When it's over, you can always reflect on what you enjoyed.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously want a stable job and not having one is stressing you out. The jobs you're getting don't seem to offer great career progression either and obviously you want to feel like what you're doing is getting you somewhere and not just passing the time.

I see from your sig you want to be a paramedic and I guess you're waiting until you're old enough? Maybe in the meantime you could go to college and study something you're slightly interested in even if you don't think you'll need it in the future. Its always good to have qualifications and if money isn't really an issue then go for it- besides you can still work part time.

From your post it looks like your life almost revolves around the job you have and that's not really the recipe for happiness. Look at doing more of the things you enjoy or finding things you enjoy in your spare time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.