Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8462717.stm

Mr Griffin's original postings, on Facebook and Twitter, said: "While the Haiti earthquake is terrible, the winter death toll in Britain will be similar. No aid here though."

wtf is wrong with him? Is he just stupid or ****** in the head?

according to BNP deputy leader the UK shouldnt give any money to Haiti and instead spend it here

who agrees and who disagree?

I disagree which is probably pretty obvious, yes people will die here but that 6 million can help save a lot of lives, also the people dying of cold wont necessarily die because they cant afford heating it could be for various reasons

I agree, sort our homeless and poverty stricken people.

When that is sorted, then do whatever, until then, no foreign aid, it would probably only take a year with the amount we give.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm sure the 10 people who died here need that aid more than the 100,000 dead in Haiti.

******* moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I agree, sort our homeless and poverty stricken people.

When that is sorted, then do whatever, until then, no foreign aid, it would probably only take a year with the amount we give.
    so the lives of people in Haiti are worthless compared to people who are living in poverty who by international standards aren't really poor, makes a lot of sense

Seriously when will people stop being so nationalistic and accept that Human beings are a race and should help each other?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why he would say that. At least pretend you care about them and more people will like you! Or just shut your trap.

ReputationRep:
    agree.. the UK defecit is becoming bigger and bigger and they throw money about left right and centre to other countries

i fail to see why we should give money away to other countries even if they do "need" it..

theres thousands of people in the UK who could have benefited greatly from that money, look after your own no?

^ to 1 of the posts above the british government is here to look after us the british population.. not other countries and people who have nothin to do with britain

(Original post by loki276)
    so the lives of people in Haiti are worthless compared to people who are living in poverty who by international standards aren't really poor, makes a lot of sense

Seriously when will people stop being so nationalistic and accept that Human beings are a race and should help each other?
    Your quite clearly are a fool, here it costs 10 times more for anything there than it does there, therefore the homeless and people in serious poverty here are in the same situation.

And it is just common sense to use your own countries money on your own countries people first.

ReputationRep:
    I actually agree for once. We don't have money to be giving away, no matter how desperate another country is. Haiti was in such a state before the earth quake also, with all the rioting etc going on.. The country has been in chaos for years. Britain's pretty much on the verge of bankrupsty as it is.

Individuals can choose to give as much as they like, I have nothing against that. I do feel that the government shouldn't be giving away tax payer's money however.

ReputationRep:
    Your quite clearly are a fool, here it costs 10 times more for anything there than it does there, therefore the homeless and people in serious poverty here are in the same situation.

And it is just common sense to use your own countries money on your own countries people first.
    yes it is common sense but not when you country doesn't need it.

And do you honestly 6 million is going to make that much of a difference to the homeless here?

yes it is common sense but not when you country doesn't need it.

And do you honestly 6 million is going to make that much of a difference to the homeless here?
    What? Go outside now with just your clothes and you try sleeping and living with no money and comeback and tell me they don't need it.

Yes 6 million would do a hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mituozo)
    I actually agree for once. We don't have money to be giving away, no matter how desperate another country is. Haiti was in such a state before the earth quake also, with all the rioting etc going on.. The country has been in chaos for years. Britain's pretty much on the verge of bankrupsty as it is.

Individuals can choose to give as much as they like, I have nothing against that. I do feel that the government shouldn't be giving away tax payer's money however.
    Also Haiti is only in the state it is now because of western politics meddling in with the countries politics

ReputationRep:
    Argh.
    Somebody stab Nick Griffin. In the eye. With an unattractively rusty knife. Please

He uses false figures to paint negative pictures of people and paper thinly mask extreme racism.

Yes, aid is damn hard to give, but we're a bloody rich country.
    EDIT: And recession resmeschion, we're still living like kings and queens.

ReputationRep:

Charity begins at home.

And yeah it's a tragedy but let's not pretend Haiti was anything but a dump before hand.

We should help people in our country before we look abroad. I'd rather the money went to fix the NHS/our school, then Haitians.

Obviously send some aid workers or things they need, but seriously we have enough debt already.

I don't get the obsession with helping abroad, let's say you had £10,000, would you give it to a homeless person with nothing to do with you, or to your actual brother who needed it equally? Hmmm, tough one..

Although that comment by Nick is retarded; you can't compare the (small) number of people who are dying from the cold here to the numbers in Haiti.

ReputationRep:
    The only part of this catastrophe that I have enjoyed hearing about is the combined aid efforts of the international community, with people of all backgrounds working together to preserve the most valuable thing of all, human life. If only this were always the case.

ReputationRep:
    What? Go outside now with just your clothes and you try sleeping and living with no money and comeback and tell me they don't need it.

not when that 6 million could save the live of 1000's of people than compared to the help it give to the homeless it will do **** all.

Also its not like the government is ignoring the homeless

(Original post by Rananagirl)
    Argh.
    Somebody stab Nick Griffin. In the eye. With an unattractively rusty knife. Please

He uses false figures to paint negative pictures of people and paper thinly mask extreme racism.

We have the second biggest debt of all the countries in the world.

Who uses false claims aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rananagirl)
    Argh.

We're not that rich, and our wealth is certainly not unlimited.

We have a lot of debt as well, don't forget.

not when that 6 million could save the live of 1000's of people than compared to the help it give to the homeless it will do **** all.

Also its not like the government is ignoring the homeless
    What? Homeless have paid tax in the past and deserve the money they have invested to be used when they need it most.

And yes it basically does, without charities there would be a surprisingly high death toll I would expect.

ReputationRep:

You are a fool if you really think that Griffin gives two ***** about homeless people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Yet again Nick Griffin abuses our right to free speech with his outrageous opinions. The only part of this catastrophe that I have enjoyed hearing about is the combined aid efforts of the international community, with people of all backgrounds working together to preserve the most valuable thing of all, human life. If only this were always the case.

What? He abuses our right to free speech by exercising free speech? Having an unusual or offensive opinion, and vocalising that opinion, is not abusing free speech.

If you respected free speech you'd respect his right to say whatever he wants.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.