Turn on thread page Beta

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

(Original post by Fynch101)
    ITT:
    Rucklo mouths off right wing nonsense whilst insulting other people instead of arguing with them

The simple fact of the matter is, there aren't tens of thousands of lives at risk in the very near future in the UK. That is why we and the rest of the world send help to Haiti. If you were in charge of the world I would suppose you would let them fend for themselves?
    Oh your the person I handed his ass to in another argument. No need to feel bitter.

If I was incharge of this country I would make sure no one was on the verge of dying in this country, which if you think there is not, you clearly don't know what its like.

And then any money that was left could be spent on whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Your country is the country you are a registered citizen of?

I have more in common with he average Britain because they have put into the pot of money which then get split out.

A tramp deserves it because at some point in the past they have contributed to our state, and then our state ***** on them.
    There are hundreds of thousands of people who are registered citizens of the UK but in no way were they given an upbringing that was british, at no point were they raised according to british values.

Can you actually manage to put a coherent sentence together?

So you think all tramps have once contributed to the state? I've said it before rucklo, think before you speak.

(Original post by blueshoes123)
    The government puts money into developments for these things.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/news/corporate/838295

And a hostel group can apply for help from the government to keep things running. And the council employ people that specifically deal with homeless situations.
    We give 120mil to india for its country which is building a space program yet we can only give £80 over a number of years to people in our own?

ReputationRep:
    No, I would go get a ******* pic-axe and go do it myself.
    Yes, i'm sure it's as easy as that :rolleyes: I'm guessing the average person of Haiti isn't medically trained, so what would they do afterwards? They can't even get all the medical supplies over and the number of casualties dying whilst they wait for medical treatment is huge.

ReputationRep:
    What? Homeless have paid tax in the past and deserve the money they have invested to be used when they need it most.
    If they have paid tax then they can claim job seekers allowance.

And yes it basically does, without charities there would be a surprisingly high death toll I would expect.

You understand that we live in a welfare state? If the poor are desperate they can get help through state benefit. If they choose not to take this help then they only have themselves to blame. The same goes for old people who are too proud/stupid to claim gas allowance.

That 6 million will go a lot further in Haiti than it will here. Not to mention the fact that it will help to stabilise the region.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetrahydro)
    Got a one bedroom flat at 17. It might not have been a struggle exactly. But at 17, with no money, no home and no family, it was hardly a walk in the park. Luckily, my own government had the infrastructure in place to help me. That's a lot more than I can say for Haitian children with dead parents right now.

Can't believe people are debating me on this...
    Yes indeed. I doubt you'd have been given a one bedroom flat at 17 had you been unfortunate enough to be living in Port au prince.

ReputationRep:

If I was incharge of this country I would make sure no one was on the verge of dying in this country, which if you think there is not, you clearly don't know what its like.
    You'd have a ******* task on your hands then. Immortality's a long way of yet.

ReputationRep:
    Rucklo, when you start arguing with almost everybody in the thread, it generally means you're wrong.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who are registered citizens of the UK but in no way were they given an upbringing that was british, at no point were they raised according to british values.

Can you actually manage to put a coherent sentence together?

So you think all tramps have once contributed to the state? I've said it before rucklo, think before you speak.
    If your a registered citizen you are by definition a member of the country, don't try to be a smart arse it don't work for you.

I'm dyslexic, if you don't like my grammar then don't hit reply .

Most have at some stage yes . The tramp in my local town is a WW2 veteran, more deserving than your or me of money.

ReputationRep:
    It truly saddens me just how cruel some of you are from reading this thread.

The people in haiti are in immense suffering, hundrends of thousands are dying, because of lack of basic human rights, water food, health care etc.

Yes there a very small number of british homeless people who are dying but the millions of people in Haiti need our help more.

when i first heard that britain is donating 6 million i personally thought that wasn't enough. 6 million pounds is hardly going to put a massive gap in our economy!!

What would happen if all the other governments decided not to give any money to haiti because like Britain some of their people are suffering some hardships, millions of people would just die because of people wanting to help those who were lucky enough to be in the same land as them.

And if the British government decided not to give any money and a couple of years later theres a huge disaster in england then no other countries would want to help us either! Theyll have some never ending problems in their countries which need to be dealth with and would rather spend their money on their people!

:sadshake: disgraceful!

(Original post by Aeolus)
    If they have paid tax then they can claim job seekers allowance.

You understand that we live in a welfare state? If the poor are desperate they can get help through state benefit. If they choose not to take this help then they only have themselves to blame. The same goes for old people who are too proud/stupid to claim gas allowance.

That 6 million will go a lot further in Haiti than it will here. Not to mention the fact that it will help to stabilise the region.
    How does job seekers allowance allow you to get a formal address to which get a job with?

Job seekers allowance in many cases is money which gets people addicted to drink.

ReputationRep:
    who the hell out the 49 people saying no?? while we are here with lots fo food and water and shelter (and a hell of a lot more) theres people dying in haiti because they havnt got these basic needs.

ReputationRep:
    Oh your the person I handed his ass to in another argument. No need to feel bitter.

And then any money that was left could be spent on whatever.
    If you're trying to make it out that you have beaten someone else in another argument, its going to be quite pointless isn't it? After all, this one is going disastrously for you...

I know exactly what its like. If people are on the verge of dying in this country then it is their own fault for not doing something about it. There are plenty of homeless shelters, and the hippocratic oath and the NHS ensure that anyone who walks into a hospital will not leave without being seen to. If you think the UK is poor compared to other countries on this standard, then you need to see the world.

And then any money that was left could be spent on whatever? yeah whatever. whatever.

"Chancellor, what do you hope to spend the other 99.9% of the budget on?"

"whatever."

mmmm...

(Original post by Tetrahydro)
    Rucklo, when you start arguing with almost everybody in the thread, it generally means you're wrong.
    I will reply until I get bored, considering 30% of people answering the poll have said no, many agree.

They are just either not fussed about it or scared of the neg rep you get from speaking your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why it's always ok to throw money at some countries when they have disasters, e.g the tsunami.. but now that it's Haiti everyone says no don't help, just because the place was a dump before doesn't mean that they aren't people too. You can't be two-faced like that and decide that it's okay to help one nation and not another. It's just wrong.

If you're trying to make it out that you have beaten someone else in another argument, its going to be quite pointless isn't it? After all, this one is going disastrously for you...

I know exactly what its like. If people are on the verge of dying in this country then it is their own fault for not doing something about it. There are plenty of homeless shelters, and the hippocratic oath and the NHS ensure that anyone who walks into a hospital will not leave without being seen to. If you think the UK is poor compared to other countries on this standard, then you need to see the world.

And then any money that was left could be spent on whatever? yeah whatever. whatever.

"Chancellor, what do you hope to spend the other 99.9% of the budget on?"

"whatever."

mmmm...
    Again you try to be smart and fail, I am saying that the rest can be spent on anything else that is needed. What do you want me to do? Give a ******* mock budget report :rolleyes:?

Homeless shelters not provided by the government, you answered my point, cheers .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    It truly saddens me just how cruel some of you are from reading this thread.

The people in haiti are in immense suffering, hundrends of thousands are dying, because of lack of basic human rights, water food, health care etc.

Yes there a very small number of british homeless people who are dying but the millions of people in Haiti need our help more.

when i first heard that britain is donating 6 million i personally thought that wasn't enough. 6 million pounds is hardly going to put a massive gap in our economy!!

What would happen if all the other governments decided not to give any money to haiti because like Britain some of their people are suffering some hardships, millions of would just die because of people wanting to help those who were lucky enough to be in a relatively wealthy land.

And if the British government decided not to give any money and a couple of years later theres a huge disaster in england then no other countries would want to help us either! Theyll have some never ending problems in their countries which need to be dealth with and would rather spend their money on their people!

:sadshake: disgraceful!
    Well I think most people arguing have already realised they're probably wrong. They're just keeping it rolling for the sake of their ego.

Nice to see somebody has a heart.

(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    You'd have a ******* task on your hands then. Immortality's a long way of yet.
    But we are quite happy for people in our own country to be ******?

Weird people..

ReputationRep:
    Again you try to be smart and fail, I am saying that the rest can be spent on anything else that is needed. What do you want me to do? Give a ******* mock budget report :rolleyes:?

Homeless shelters not provided by the government, you answered my point, cheers .
    Homeless shelters are irrelevant
    The NHS is definitely provided by the government. If there are people dying and they do not help themselves to free healthcare, it is their own fault. Therefore your point has just been ripped apart. Just like all your other points.

ReputationRep:
    How does job seekers allowance allow you to get a formal address to which get a job with?Job seekers allowance in many cases is money which gets people addicted to drink.

Like i said before, we live in a welfare state. There is a benefit for pretty much anything. You are just throwing up strawmen with the drinking thing, that would be their own problem for being such a loser. I think the other posters have pointed out all of the other flaws in your previous arguments very well.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.