Turn on thread page Beta

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    But we are quite happy for people in our own country to be ******?

Weird people..
    How many times does this need to be explained to you? Our country spends far, far more than £6 million each year in support of our own social security. We're hardly letting our own rot in the interest of the Haitians...

ReputationRep:
    Your country is the country you are a registered citizen of?

I have more in common with he average Britain because they have put into the pot of money which then get split out.

A tramp deserves it because at some point in the past they have contributed to our state, and then our state ***** on them.
    I am a registered citizen of ROI and Britain. What then? (Also, what gives you the power to decide this?)

So presumably you're a taxpayer, because of course if you're not (and are, as I suspect, just a student) then this of course is something you don't have in common with the taxpaying Briton. Also, bare in mind that the UK's labour force only makes up half of the population, so even if you do pay taxes, which I suspect you don't, that is only something you have in common with half of us. Either way, this is a pretty bad response to my query.

No, not all British tramps have at some point in the past contributed to our 'state'. A fair few tramps left school at 16 with no qualifications, went straight on the dole, and are now living rough. When did they contribute? And no, the 'state' doesn't then **** on them. If anything it **** on them by providing a subpar educational system. Either way, again this is a cack response, because even if every tramp had at some point contributed to our 'state', why on earth would a Haitian have any desire to do the same. I'm sure a fair few of the people currently trying to find food having gone several days without it have contributed to Haitian society at some stage in their lives too.

You fail (and your command of the English language is embarrassing for such a patriot). Common nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    How does job seekers allowance allow you to get a formal address to which get a job with?

Job seekers allowance in many cases is money which gets people addicted to drink.
    This is a new low for you Rucklo
    Really is, congrats etc

If they get addicted to alcohol, then it is theirown fault. No-one elses.
    Do you think Haitians are responsible for their current suffering from the earthquake in the same way those who turn to alcoholism are responsible for their liver failure?

What is wrong with you?

ReputationRep:
    What? Go outside now with just your clothes and you try sleeping and living with no money and comeback and tell me they don't need it.

Yes 6 million would do a hell of a lot.
    So how much of your own money do you exactly donate to the homeless?

(Original post by Aeolus)
    Like i said before, we live in a welfare state. There is a benefit for pretty much anything. You are just throwing up strawmen with the drinking thing, that would be their own problem for being such a loser. I think the other posters have pointed out all of the other flaws in your previous arguments very well.
    What flaws exactly? I see none frankly.

So you get JSA for 3 months I believe? Which after you are then left pretty much for which you have gained no long term benefit.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Nick. The UK has far too many homeland issues to be sending foreign aid elsewhere. We work and pay taxes to keep our society as close to optimal as possible. Our treasury is not there as insurance money for the natural disasters that occur elsewhere.

(Original post by Fynch101)
    Homeless shelters are irrelevant
    The NHS is definitely provided by the government. If there are people dying and they do not help themselves to free healthcare, it is their own fault. Therefore your point has just been ripped apart. Just like all your other points.
    Yes because from the multiple cases we have seen this winter, when you are there shivering to death you are in the position to get up and walk to hospital. That is why multiple have died from it?

You couldn't rip a piece of paper if you were given some scissors frankly.

ReputationRep:
    If your a registered citizen you are by definition a member of the country, don't try to be a smart arse it don't work for you.

I'm dyslexic, if you don't like my grammar then don't hit reply .

Most have at some stage yes . The tramp in my local town is a WW2 veteran, more deserving than your or me of money.
    your first point there was just a statement, it didn't actually counter my point whatsoever.

If you're dyslexic then, sorry mate but debating probably isn't for you.

"Most have" thats not all have, like you referred to earlier. You're just running away from valid points now. You have no idea if he actually deserves more money just because he is a veteran. He may have never actually done anything. And if he is, it is very likely that he is a tramp out of choice, like my others today.

(Original post by KiiNGofLONDON)
    I am a registered citizen of ROI and Britain. What then? (Also, what gives you the power to decide this?)

So presumably you're a taxpayer, because of course if you're not (and are, as I suspect, just a student) then this of course is something you don't have in common with the taxpaying Briton. Also, bare in mind that the UK's labour force only makes up half of the population, so even if you do pay taxes, which I suspect you don't, that is only something you have in common with half of us. Either way, this is a pretty bad response to my query.

No, not all British tramps have at some point in the past contributed to our 'state'. A fair few tramps left school at 16 with no qualifications, went straight on the dole, and are now living rough. When did they contribute? And no, the 'state' doesn't then **** on them. If anything it **** on them by providing a subpar educational system. Either way, again this is a cack response, because even if every tramp had at some point contributed to our 'state', why on earth would a Haitian have any desire to do the same. I'm sure a fair few of the people currently trying to find food having gone several days without it have contributed to Haitian society at some stage in their lives too.

You fail (and your command of the English language is embarrassing for such a patriot). Common nonsense.

:rofl2: Everyone pays tax you muppet, VAT etc... And no, its a very valid reason why I have more in common, you can't choose what is what is not and what is, you asked for an answer and I gave it.

Most have, that was my wording, so your manipulation of words does not work.

There are going to be some tits in Haiti who have done nothing in there life too, shall we not go help them because of it?

So no, it is you that appears to fail :rofl2:.

ReputationRep:
    attension seeking mofo

(Original post by Fynch101)
    your first point there was just a statement, it didn't actually counter my point whatsoever.

If you're dyslexic then, sorry mate but debating probably isn't for you.

"Most have" thats not all have, like you referred to earlier. You're just running away from valid points now. You have no idea if he actually deserves more money just because he is a veteran. He may have never actually done anything. And if he is, it is very likely that he is a tramp out of choice, like my others today.
    Last time I checked in actual debates you don't type?

And I never said all homeless have contributed to the state, find a quote for that .

ReputationRep:
    Yes because from the multiple cases we have seen this winter, when you are there shivering to death you are in the position to get up and walk to hospital. That is why multiple have died from it?

You couldn't rip a piece of paper if you were given some scissors frankly.
    Have heard of 999 before? ******* idiot.

I just ripped up your point. Again.

You can't even form a potent metaphor.

If I had some scissors, I would cut the paper. Not rip it. Why else would I have scissors. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Again you try to be smart and fail, I am saying that the rest can be spent on anything else that is needed. What do you want me to do? Give a ******* mock budget report :rolleyes:?

Homeless shelters not provided by the government, you answered my point, cheers .
    In the UK you tend to find local county and city councils working with organizations like Shelter to provide temporary homeless shelters. I did a few years volunteering for "Crisis at Christmas" years ago which was organized by Shelter.

I don't think many councils provide homeless shelters by themselves and accross the board although many have them for "special cases" - young homeless, teen pregnancies, women's centers etc. It all depends on the Local Authority, the extent of the problems of homelessness in their jurisdiction and of course the availability of funds.

(Original post by Low Profile)
    attension seeking mofo
    LETS GET ATTENSION ON AN INTERNET FORUM :rofl:

Please... if someone wanted attension they would do something in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetrahydro)
    Well I think most people arguing have already realised they're probably wrong. They're just keeping it rolling for the sake of their ego.

Nice to see somebody has a heart.
    Thank you i was slightly relieved to see your post aswell. This thread is absolutely shocking and disturbing!

I just dont understand how people can be so cruel! They'd rather let thousands of people die than to spare a mere 6 million pounds (equivilent to 10p per person as someone pointed out earlier) like thats going to leave Britain in absolute shambles! Just because those people who unlucky enough to be born in a poor part of the world!

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked in actual debates you don't type?

And I never said all homeless have contributed to the state, find a quote for that .
    Last time I checked, a debate does not have to be in vocal form. We are debating an issue. This is a debate. Moron.

"A tramp deserves it because at some point in the past they have contributed to our state, and then our state ***** on them."

Thats where you referred to tramps. You could have said some tramps. But you said tramps. That implies all tramps. Debating is definitely not for you.

ReputationRep:
    LETS GET ATTENSION ON AN INTERNET FORUM :rofl:

Please... if someone wanted attension they would do something in real life.
    I have no idea what you are talking about, i was referring to Nick Griffin FYI.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair with the welfare system in place we are providing so much help here in the UK for people with disabilities, the unemployed and for people who wouldn't be able to afford healthcare otherwise. Nick Griffin wouldn't have any of that, would he? No, they are all scrounging scumbags to him, they might have a serious medical condition that means they are unable to work and support a family for some time, but no, they are stealing taxpayers' money. The whole point is we ARE putting a lot of money into people here, and I would find it quite disgusting to see the international community abandon Haiti. Not to mention the international community would see it as disgusting were we to do so.

(Original post by Howard)
    In the UK you tend to find local county and city councils working with organizations like Shelter to provide temporary homeless shelters. I did a few years volunteering for "Crisis at Christmas" years ago which was organized by Shelter.

I don't think many councils provide homeless shelters by themselves and accross the board although many have them for "special cases" - young homeless, teen pregnancies, women's centers etc. It all depends on the Local Authority, the extent of the problems of homelessness in their jurisdiction and of course the availability of funds.
    Finally someone who puts a decent argument.

Yeah they do give shelter to the vulnerable which is good.

All my opinion is, is that these people should not need to rely on charities, this is something the government should do. Then charities can be utilized abroad and people can then donate too what they see fit abroad without the government deciding this for us.

If someone has a different opinion then fair enough, I am only getting a bit of an arse because some people seem to think I am not allowed my own opinion.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: Everyone pays tax you muppet, VAT etc... And no, its a very valid reason why I have more in common, you can't choose what is what is not and what is, you asked for an answer and I gave it.

Most have, that was my wording, so your manipulation of words does not work.

There are going to be some tits in Haiti who have done nothing in there life too, shall we not go help them because of it?

So no, it is you that appears to fail :rofl2:.
    Almost all of the revenue accumulated in VAT goes to farmers in France via the EU and the CAP. Buying something in the shops does little to contribute to our 'state'. Saying something is valid doesn't make it so (and of course I can, if you say something stupid without justification I have every right to pick it apart, it's called reasoning).

That said, I think my 'manipulation of words' does work, genius.

No. The entire country is in chaos and the vast majority of those living in said chaos are not 'tits'.

Common nonsense.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.