Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    I think you'll find no one gives a **** about your opinion.

WHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY .
    Brilliant rucklo

I've seen them do that in the house of commons before
    When vince cable complains about a bank's attitude towards being bailed out
    George osbourne just stands up and says "I think you'll find no one gives a **** about your opinion."

You should definitely think about being a politician, I heard dyslexic politicians are in really high demand.

But seriously, what are you still doing here, you said you were going to leave after being utterly sat down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    Sorry I was wrong, our debt is estimated at 51.8% in 2008
    However italy is over 100%

so that graph is wrong. pay no attention to it.
    I meant mine one.

Japan's debt is reaching hyperinflation levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Stick to your A-level Economics.
    Maybe you should stick to your GCSE economics if you think Italy is in a better state than the UK in terms of its economy.

Brilliant rucklo

I've seen them do that in the house of commons before
    When vince cable complains about a bank's attitude towards being bailed out
    George osbourne just stands up and says "I think you'll find no one gives a **** about your opinion."

You should definitely think about being a politician, I heard dyslexic politicians are in really high demand.

But seriously, what are you still doing here, you said you were going to leave after being utterly sat down.
    Someone just had a sense of humor shut down? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    I meant mine one.

Japan's debt is reaching hyperinflation levels
    How can debt reach hyperinflation levels?

ReputationRep:
    Someone just had a sense of humor shut down? .
    what?

ReputationRep:
    How can debt reach hyperinflation levels?
    well its government debt are reaching those level that germany etc had when they started to get hyperinflation

read this

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...wing-in-japan/

ReputationRep:
    G7 Countries - external gross debt/GDP ratios, 2003Q2 - 2008 Q2

I love how you equate our economical issues as a 'bit of dirt'. Have you considered a career in politics?
    The above doesn't even consider the past year, to which we may assume has made it even worse considering browns Keynesian-happy-go-lucky policies.
    Don't patronise me. I'm not stupid. I'm aware of our huge national debt, and our country has always had a sizeable national debt. However, the solution to that is clearly not to completely cut off our aid to other countries. That's a ridiculous idea. Do you have any idea what ZERO aid from the UK is gonna do to our image? The US is already frowned upon for only giving national aid equivalent to 0.14% of GDP.

And moreover, why should we punish individuals suffering from abject poverty in other countries just because our own country is having some fiscal issues? Foreign aid is TINY. Our benefit system alone is hundreds of times more expensive than the aid we give to EVERY other country annually. Let's sort out the inefficiencies in the benefit system- that will save us BILLIONS, not a few million that other countries depend on and that WE also depend on to keep our international image up.

what?
    Will tell you when your older son :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    Stick to your A-level Economics.
    also as far as I can see you too have so far are only doing A level Economics?

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue wht to make of that.

One the one hand; Yes Charity should start at home.

But on the other; This is a horrible humanitarian crisis and we should help.

So I think yes we should help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    well its government debt are reaching those level that germany etc had when they started to get hyperinflation

read this

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...wing-in-japan/
    Yeah, but debt can't really cause hyperinflation like it happened in germany...
    Japan has always been a nation of creditors.

ReputationRep:
    Will tell you when your older son :yes:.
    yeah, if you've managed to be able to write a sentence without grammar mistakes by then!

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that Britain only gives a damn about other countires after an earthquake? There are plenty of countries with huge death tolls through disease or improper facilities but as soon as one country gets and earthquake Britain suddenly takes notice? So this country needs to either: 1) Pay all countries that are suffering (which is pretty difficult) or 2) Take care of Britain and Britain only which is what I think should be done rather than throwing money at countries that are not just going to improve with a little bit of cash.

ReputationRep:
    How about the government do both help the poor and needy and occasionally help out in a humanitarian crisis. There are loads of other things the government wastes money on and that should be used to help the poor and homeless.

yeah, if you've managed to be able to write a sentence without grammar mistakes by then!
    Where is the capital letter?

Now now, don't jump out the pram :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but debt can't really cause hyperinflation like it happened in germany...
    Japan has always been a nation of creditors.
    Yes but its debt is still getting quite high

anyway's my point was their debt is higher yet they are still giving aid

same with US

and it did cause hyperinflation in 5 countries

also quote from article

Japan’s deficits are already within the hyperinflation “red flag” zone identified by historian Peter Bernholz

ReputationRep:
    Where is the capital letter?

Now now, don't jump out the pram :p:.
    Your =/= you're.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm he has just reiterated to me what a plonker that man is whoever votes for this man needs there head sorting

ReputationRep:
    also I just realised this thread made my rep go from 100 to 200
    :woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.