Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    Charity starts at home.
    Haiti was a craphole before the earthquake. It'll be a craphole after the earthquake. Why waste our hard-earned cash on it? I mean, it always seemed to me to be in the top 20 worst countries in the world.
    We should sort out our people and our debts before throwing it willy-nilly to other countries. I also hate the way that the Haitians are all moaning about not receiving aid, it's like, "hello - you survived the earthquake! be glad for that and stop moaning ffs"

(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Yes, 6 million worth of drugs.
    I hope you become homeless, love Rucklo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    No, I have talked to Aeolus through PM about JSA.

Dunno what your first point is about because i'm on the reply page and i'm not going back to look.

And no, you thought brightness was a word used for all light, which it is not.

So now we have that all sorted you can come up with an original argument yeah?
    1. Oh so because you have talked to him about it through PM, you think that makes you look less stupid?

2. You mean you realise my point is valid and so shy away as per ******* usual.

3. No I didn't I said that I used brightness in the context of strength and magnitude, and it is irrelevant anyway, because I proved I was referring to all forms of light in the conversation we were having, not visible light. Get that into your thick skull.

4. You still haven't answered my argument! You've just come up with some **** about "its the principle" which is not a reply, its another statement which is of no value.

ReputationRep:
    Is what clear enough exactly?

Be specific boy.
    His post... Did you not even read it?

You are one dumb ************.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you become homeless, love Rucklo.
    ********, I hope you do too.

(Original post by Fynch101)
    1. Oh so because you have talked to him about it through PM, you think that makes you look less stupid?

2. You mean you realise my point is valid and so shy away as per ******* usual.

3. No I didn't I said that I used brightness in the context of strength and magnitude, and it is irrelevant anyway, because I proved I was referring to all forms of light in the conversation we were having, not visible light. Get that into your thick skull.

4. You still haven't answered my argument! You've just come up with some **** about "its the principle" which is not a reply, its another statement which is of no value.
    You fail to be able to read anything into anything, we sorted our debate of JSA through PM, he is someone who actually uses a decent argument unlike you and I made a mistake, but as I explained through PM I had reasons for that.

Brightness isn't a word used for strength or magnitude outside of visible light. Fail boy. You used a word in the wrong context?

What ******* argument are you on about?

********, I hope you do too.
    I love you too .

ReputationRep:
    You fail to be able to read anything into anything, we sorted our debate of JSA through PM, he is someone who actually uses a decent argument unlike you and I made a mistake, but as I explained through PM I had reasons for that.

Brightness isn't a word used for strength or magnitude outside of visible light. Fail boy. You used a word in the wrong context?

You can talk...

there instead of their

ReputationRep:
    I realise this is a quote from page 1 - but I don't fancy reading pages 2-26...

We have the second biggest debt of all the countries in the world.

Who uses false claims aswell?
    You, apparently - that's a blatantly false statement, whether you're looking at debt outright or debt/gdp we're not second.

You can talk...

there instead of their
    I don't get words wrong which are central to my argument.

And if I do, i'm man enough to admit it :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    Look at the quality of my responses to people like Aeolus, Howard etc..

Who put up decent and logical answers.

And then compare to my replies to this guy.
    If you feel the poster you argue with has responded inappropriately or with idiocy you shouldnt merely reduce yourself to that individuals level, justifying it with the "look at my IQ, I cant be wrong" angle. That's Poor dude. So many of your answers seem to be of the "La-la-la I cant here you" variety. Also quit with the Grammar fascism, I remember you getting rather annoyed when I done the same to you so it seem rather ironic you would take up the same angle.

(Original post by TShadow383)
    I realise this is a quote from page 1 - but I don't fancy reading pages 2-26...

You, apparently - that's a blatantly false statement, whether you're looking at debt outright or debt/gdp we're not second.
    Read the second page I think it is bro, I explain it there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get words wrong which are central to my argument.

And if I do, i'm man enough to admit it :yes:.
    Yehhhh, I Win :p:

ReputationRep:

LOL at this bit... what does that even mean?

But it doesn't matter, I used it in that sense. And as I have said before, I have shown that when we were talking about gamma rays, I was referring to light in general, because I said "gamma rays are a part of light" - a valid statement. You disagreed with this, which was obviously wrong.

This argument, which you have so far only replied to with things that make no relevance to my point:
    Your whole argument is completely full of holes.

You think we should not provide Haiti with funds from the government yes?

Because that would stop us from funding homeless shelters and giving help to those who really need it yes?

but if homeless shelters are not provided by the government, then how is giving money to haiti going to make the lives of the homeless worse?

If you could imagine a Venn diagram on this, there is no intersection between Funding for Haiti and Funding for the Homeless. Okay?

Now troddle on...

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe the comments i'm reading regarding Britain's national debt and that some consider it insignificant, we're talking almost £900bn a total of almost 60% of GDP. That will not simply be paid off when we come out of the recession as i read earlier, some people really do not seem to understand this world. It took 56 years to pay off our WW2 debts to the US alone.

We are not a "rich nation" as some suggest. We pay for our nation by having the longest working hours in the world after the US. We are also the worst developed country in the world for the well-being of children, and the list goes on and on....

Our Governments have played fast and loose with debt for a very long time and are too quick to give freebies. If you wish to give money to Haiti i would say that should come from peoples own generosity, in my opinion taxes were not collected to be spent on other nations problems.

Our country is riddled with problems that need sorting in all sectors, and where Haiti is a horrible catastrophe, the aid money could definitely have been put to good use in the UK. Yes the cold winter deaths example given by Nick Griffin is ridiculous in comparison. But put yourself in the shoes of the mother whose 11 year old little girl slipped on an ungritted pavement and died, simply because UK councils do not grit pavements to save money. People who are refused drugs on the NHS as the drugs are deemed to expensive for them to have. Both examples are of British taxpayers, and that £6m was given to our Government by them to be used for their well-being. I could go on....

(Original post by Bishamon)
    If you feel the poster you argue with has responded inappropriately or idiocy you shouldnt merely reduce yourself to that individuals level, justifying it with the "look at my IQ, I cant be wrong" angle. That's Poor dude. So many of your answers seem to be of the "La-la-la I cant here you" variety.
    :confused: I am not thinking about the ethical points of responding for a laugh. It's just a bit of fun.

Ermm, I don't think I have used my IQ as an argument?

If someone calls you an idiot then considering IQ is a measure of intelligence, it's quite logical to use it.

And why are you analysing answers that quite clearly are not proper?

Yehhhh, I Win :p:
    If it makes that little brain of yours happy .

LOL at this bit... what does that even mean?

But it doesn't matter, I used it in that sense. And as I have said before, I have shown that when we were talking about gamma rays, I was referring to light in general, because I said "gamma rays are a part of light" - a valid statement. You disagreed with this, which was obviously wrong.

This argument, which you have so far only replied to with things that make no relevance to my point:
    You can't get words and then use them for different meanings :rofl2:.

Now that's a FAIL.

Yes because you had been going on about light as in visible light, so you either need to sort out your use of words or stop lying, one of the two applies .

I answered your ******* thing, go back and read.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I am not thinking about the ethical points of responding for a laugh. It's just a bit of fun.

If someone calls you an idiot then considering IQ is a measure of intelligence, it's quite logical to use it.

Fair enough, but both of you have still digressed heavily, your recent contributions have provided little insight. I strongly disagree with your sentiments for reasons I have already outlined, however this continued throwing of petty insults is just becoming rather lame.

ReputationRep:

If an answer is not proper, it is in your opinion and as we can see from this argument, with about 5 or 6 against you and you're on your own, then you have no justification for saying it. It is of no real value, and not a valid point. So just stop digging a hole for yourself. Unless you're planning to commit suicide and want to reduce funeral costs. In that case go ahead! It would do the world a favour.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.