Turn on thread page Beta

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Yes I'm sure the 10 people who died here need that aid more than the 100,000 dead in Haiti.

******* moron
    is your profile pic based on the guy from GTA vice city????

I do think that we should help Haiti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    You can't get words and then use them for different meanings :rofl2:.

Now that's a FAIL.

Yes because you had been going on about light as in visible light, so you either need to sort out your use of words or stop lying, one of the two applies .

I answered your ******* thing, go back and read.
    Yes I can. I can easily do that, whether you interpret them wrong is not my fault.

I never mentioned visible light. I supposedly inferred visible light. I then said Gamma rays are a part of light, which was a true statement which you disagreed with, because you're an idiot. Now that is a FAIL.

You never answered it properly. I said we provide through the NHS, and you gave no coherent response.

ReputationRep:
    a lot of women round here, flapping their handbags around. Too bad this is consistent with UK politics in general :p: Certainly hope none of you women are going to run :p:

(Original post by Bishamon)
    Fair enough, but both of you have still digressed heavily, your recent contributions have provided little insight. I strongly disagree with your sentiments for reasons I have already outlined, however this continued throwing of petty insults is just becoming rather lame.
    We had an argument the other day where he wouldn't accept bright is a word that can only be applied to visual light and started lying. So I came to the conclusion to not bother with a serious argument, because he is basically a troll himself.

(Original post by Fynch101)
    If an answer is not proper, it is in your opinion and as we can see from this argument, with about 5 or 6 against you and you're on your own, then you have no justification for saying it. It is of no real value, and not a valid point. So just stop digging a hole for yourself. Unless you're planning to commit suicide and want to reduce funeral costs. In that case go ahead! It would do the world a favour.
    :facepalm:

You didn't get one word of my discussion with him did you?

Yes I can. I can easily do that, whether you interpret them wrong is not my fault.

I never mentioned visible light. I supposedly inferred visible light. I then said Gamma rays are a part of light, which was a true statement which you disagreed with, because you're an idiot. Now that is a FAIL.

You never answered it properly. I said we provide through the NHS, and you gave no coherent response.
    You can't change the meaning of the word run to the word fly in your head:rofl: and then moan when someone presumes your on about running.

Joke bro .

ReputationRep:
    You can't change the meaning of the word run to the word fly in your head:rofl: and then moan when someone presumes your on about running.

Joke bro .
    Ok shy away from my point yet again

Shy away from it again and you admit defeat okay?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

You didn't get one word of my discussion with him did you?
    Yeah, I understood all of it actually.

ReputationRep:
    Such a pointless argument considering the Gov't will give aid to any nation, because we're human for God's sake! Who cares if Nick Griffin said we shouldn't give any money to Haiti, because Nick Griffin is the Devil in disguise. He is NEVER going to be elected, hence his opinions and his views are about as valuable and significant as a pile of turd. This thread is just showing how polarised this country is because there are those that actually want to help others, and should be applauded, and there are cynical, racist misanthropists who don't want to be associated with anyone that isn't white. Of course we should help out Haiti! If this kind of disaster happened to England, would you understand if every other country refused to help because of their petty financial problems? No, I doubt you would.

Ok shy away from my point yet again

Shy away from it again and you admit defeat okay?
    Hahahaa.

Can't accept you failledd.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Britain's not exactly slumming it...

Having said that, this thread was quite though-provoking.

I do believe however that it would be too simplistic creating 'rigid' boundaries, separating Britons in Britain from everyone else.

For example, someone earlier talked about taxes etc (I can't really be bothered quoting as I'm too tired to plough through 28 pages) but what about people/companies from other nationalities who pay taxes here? I don't think that 'spheres of responsibility' lie only within one country...

I do also think that saying 'we should not sort out other countries before we sort ourselves out' is unreasonable. Unless my utopian dream-world becomes reality, I do believe that Britain will always have problems. I'm sure that there are examples of people who, despite being in great suffering, did help others.

The question however is: how should we prioritise? Do we choose British lives over Haitian lives? (Maybe we are wrong in saying that they are mutually exclusive.) Perhaps we should not be asking that, but asking whether we should embark on a certain bit of government spending over spending on the homeless in the UK. There are probably lots of examples of wasteful government spending here, and I believe they should take less priority over Haiti, for the simple reason that they are not in the 'humanitarian tragedy' category.

Given the scale of the problem though, it would require a numb soul to do nothing about it. This is a nation-destroying problem we are talking about here.

I also take issue with the issue (haha, OK unfunny) of objecting with the government spending 'our taxpayers' money'... While undoubtedly a lot of the money will come from Income tax, etc, there might also be import taxes... And even then, taking a Burkean view, we might suggest that the government has, beyond a responsibility to its constituents, a duty to do what is right. Or at least, what it believes is right.

Having said that, 6 million GBP is a piddling amount of money compared to the British economy, tax revenues, or even some individuals in this country.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaa.

Can't accept you failledd.
    Again, the pot is calling the kettle black. I have answered your point with a coherent response. You have chosen to ignore my answer again, so you have no answer for it, because you know whatever reply you make, it will just make you look even worse.

Fynch 2
    Rucklo 0

let the games begin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdman09)
    Such a pointless argument considering the Gov't will give aid to any nation, because we're human for God's sake! Who cares if Nick Griffin said we shouldn't give any money to Haiti, because Nick Griffin is the Devil in disguise. He is NEVER going to be elected, hence his opinions and his views are about as valuable and significant as a pile of turd. This thread is just showing how polarised this country is because there are those that actually want to help others, and should be applauded, and there are cynical, racist misanthropists who don't want to be associated with anyone that isn't white. Of course we should help out Haiti! If this kind of disaster happened to England, would you understand if every other country refused to help because of their petty financial problems? No, I doubt you would.
    I'm sorry since when did anyone bring the subject of race into this debate?

ReputationRep:
    Again, the pot is calling the kettle black. I have answered your point with a coherent response. You have chosen to ignore my answer again, so you have no answer for it, because you know whatever reply you make, it will just make you look even worse.

Fynch 2
    Rucklo 0

let the games begin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonsterMash)
    I'm sorry since when did anyone bring the subject of race into this debate?

Haha yeah I got a bit carried away/ distracted with match of the day..

(Original post by 7777777)

This guy is the biggest clown, his defense is "I have given a good argument" and then does not give an argument.

Fynch 2
    Rucklo 0

let the games begin
    ANNDDD ROONNEYY SCORRESS A HATTTTRRICCKKK

Fynch 2
    Rucklo 3

COMMEEE ONNNNNN

ReputationRep:

This guy is the biggest clown, his defense is "I have given a good argument" and then does not give an argument.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that more needs to be done to give aid to those in Britain, and that we should take priority, however that does not mean we shouldn't give aid to other countries, and, in all fairness, Griffin's just a total *****

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.