Turn on thread page Beta

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    [/QUOTE]
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Ever been to an inner city London school? Or seen the statistics are certain socio-economic groups pass rates at school?
    Our NHS is good, so long as you don't end up on a ward with overworked nurses, and on a clean ward, and don't contract breast cancer on the wrong side of the postcode lottery. Again; it's good but needs vast improvements.
    A huge amount is spent on primary and secondary education, partly why we have the fiasco with overexpensive uni tuition fees and student debt. With the amount that is spent on the NHS, it being the 3rd largest employer in the world I think, less than 6 million is going to make little sustained difference nationwide in combating its flaws.

ReputationRep:
    Ever been to an inner city London school? Or seen the statistics are certain socio-economic groups pass rates at school?
    Our NHS is good, so long as you don't end up on a ward with overworked nurses, and on a clean ward, and don't contract breast cancer on the wrong side of the postcode lottery. Again; it's good but needs vast improvements.

You're seriously not getting my point - I know we have a lot, I haven't even denied that, but as I've said several times there's A LOT that can and needs to be improved in this country.
    To be fair, I doubt its actually the schools that determine how successful one is academically, but more the individual. Improving, culture would be a better start.

NHS isn't going to be fixed by throwing money at it. To be fair again, NHS only really does worse than the USA on cancer rates, but this is being improved.

I was under the impression you are half palestinian, do you think if this happen to palestine that Britain should give aid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Every homeless person I have known/talked too would certainly would rather not be there? Ok it is only 5/6 but I would certainly not think the majority want to be there.

My point is, without charity, I would put some good money that this winter, you would be looking at a fair few deaths from it. Now if the government has 120 million to give India who are developing a space agency :confused: :confused:. Then it should have 10 times that to give to its own needy.
    Agree with all this. But I still think a disaster is one thing that does warrant some emergency spending. The amount of money thrown away on unnecessary international endeavours is sickening though.

(Original post by loki276)
    at that time Europe was completely destroyed and America was the only country which wasnt affected by the war

countries we give aid to won't be able to but other countries will be able to and will help Britain
    Asia? South America?

ReputationRep:

A huge amount is spent on primary and secondary education, partly why we have the fiasco with overexpensive uni tuition fees and student debt. With the amount that is spent on the NHS, it being the 3rd largest employer in the world I think, less than 6 million is going to make little sustained difference nationwide in combating its flaws.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I hate it when people think that you can fix stuff by throwing money at it.

ReputationRep:

countries we give aid to won't be able to but other countries will be able to and will help Britain
    Agreed, but they probably would anyway, even if we were doggedly euro/us-centric. There's really not much gain to be had, aside from strengthening credibility in those countries.

ReputationRep:
    Asia? South America?
    Asia was pretty much British colony, also Japan attacked parts of china

South American countries had no money than and some of them had also fought in the war

America and Russia were pretty much the only superpowers around than

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candytreeman)
    Agreed, but they probably would anyway, even if we were doggedly euro/us-centric. There's really not much gain to be had, aside from strengthening credibility in those countries.
    yes they probably would but it does help improve Britain's image across the world and with trades etc

(Original post by Simplicity)
    A huge amount is spent on primary and secondary education, partly why we have the fiasco with overexpensive uni tuition fees and student debt. With the amount that is spent on the NHS, it being the 3rd largest employer in the world I think, less than 6 million is going to make little sustained difference nationwide in combating its flaws.
    Yeah, I hate it when people think that you can fix stuff by throwing money at it.[/QUOTE]

Overexpensive tuition fees?

You realise compared to the US etc it is amazingly cheap?

In some cases they have to pay $200 to apply to ONE uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I hate it when people think that you can fix stuff by throwing money at it.

Overexpensive tuition fees?

You realise compared to the US etc it is amazingly cheap?

In some cases they have to pay $200 to apply to ONE uni.
    greed. Improving NHS means cutting costs and making it more efficient to ensure it can research better ways to treat instead of being reliant on America

anyway I am off to sleep

greed. Improving NHS means cutting costs and making it more efficient to ensure it can research better ways to treat instead of being reliant on America

anyway I am off to sleep
    Haha greed?

No.. they get a lot less cash from the US government than uni's here get from the UK. And because of the money they have pretty much all the best uni's in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    To be fair, I doubt its actually the schools that determine how successful one is academically, but more the individual. Improving, culture would be a better start.

NHS isn't going to be fixed by throwing money at it. To be fair again, NHS only really does worse than the USA on cancer rates, but this is being improved.

I was under the impression you are half palestinian, do you think if this happen to palestine that Britain should give aid?

I'm not against giving any aid, I just think that we should limit ourselves. I don't know to what because I don't know much about these things, I just don't think it should be some massive amount.

And yes I am half Palestinian, and I know where you're leading, but tbh Palestine already has its own social and economic disaster and I don't expect Britain to help them now. And if there was an earthquake yeah I would expect Britain to help, the same I would expect anyone too, and the way I think they should help Haiti, but not as in some astronomical amount. That said, a large part of Palestine's plight can be drawn back to the Balfour declaration (a British thing) which is more than Haiti can say, so..

Oh and whoever left:

Nick Griffin on Haiti 16-01-2010 04:05 For thinking homeless people wouldn't spend money/resources you gave to them on drugs and alcohol. Idiot.

I shall sub tomorrow just to neg your pathetic excuse of an arse .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Yes I'm sure the 10 people who died here need that aid more than the 100,000 dead in Haiti.

******* moron
    Surely if they're dead they won't benefit from any aid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    Surely if their dead they won't benefit from any aid.
    I would presume they had families to look after, children to bring up and an "economy" to sustain.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not against giving any aid, I just think that we should limit ourselves. I don't know to what because I don't know much about these things, I just don't think it should be some massive amount.

And yes I am half Palestinian, and I know where you're leading, but tbh Palestine already has its own social and economic disaster and I don't expect Britain to help them now. And if there was an earthquake yeah I would expect Britain to help, the same I would expect anyone too, and the way I think they should help Haiti, but not as in some astronomical amount. That said, a large part of Palestine's plight can be drawn back to the Balfour declaration (a British thing) which is more than Haiti can say, so..
    empathy is a rare art, wikipedia is also your friend.

ReputationRep:
    If I had to chose between given money to people in Haiti or poor homeless people in the UK, I would definitely chose Haiti. There is absolutely no reason why someone in the UK should be homeless.

If you have no job, the goverment will give you jobseekers' allowance until you start work. You don't even have to do a job that you don't like, you can wait and be on benefits for months and months. I think the goverment has given our people too much money already. A lot of people have become dependant and are no longer self sufficient. They think they shouldn't even have to work, they should get something just for being British. F*** them.

I don't mind helping people who have been struck by tragedy but the thought of paying to raise the kids of some lidiots that spend their lives on benefits really pisses me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    empathy is a rare art, wikipedia is also your friend.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I would presume they had families to look after, children to bring up and an "economy" to sustain.
    I was clearly making a joke at ones unfortunate use of language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Nationalism is the enemy of liberty.
    :lol:

Wow, we actually agree on something.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.