Turn on thread page Beta

Nick Griffin on Haiti watch

• View Poll Results: Should UK give aid to Haiti or not?
    Yes
    79.38%
    No
    20.62%

ReputationRep:
    The thing that struck me about the earth quake was that in the news footage the day after there are fit and able people just wandering around, going for walks, past the dead and trapped people. What do they think we are going to do when we get there? Just wander around? No. We are going to dig with our hands. Why aren't they pulling survivors out? They are just bimbling around like helpless retards. It's pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Or how about people stop giving money to help cats and dogs, and then we could give aid to poor people here and in Haiti?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8462717.stm

Mr Griffin's original postings, on Facebook and Twitter, said: "While the Haiti earthquake is terrible, the winter death toll in Britain will be similar. No aid here though."
    It is quite a disgusting and incorrect comparison.

(I did a blog on the sublect: http://thingeh.hattix.co.uk/?p=24)

ReputationRep:
    Haha Nick Griffin is absolutely hilarious. He's a fascist but I've got to admit, the bullcrap he comes out with is really funny :laugh:

I do think we should concentrate on our own problems instead of trying to be this global saviour and helping the other poor countries. However, comparing the devestation of Haiti to the winter here is ridiculous. This is an emergency, it's the duty of the international community to provide aid.

ReputationRep:
    what a total, fat ****. grrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    i fail to see why we should give money away to other countries even if they do "need" it..
    theres thousands of people in the UK who could have benefited greatly from that money, look after your own no?
    ok first of all there's no "need" these people need our help full-stop. secondly the uk's problems are nowhere near as bad as those of Haiti we're talking about thousands dead from the actual tremors let alone those who will die, be disabled and orphaned due to disease, lack of food and water those who will suffer from looting, rape etc. and what goes around comes around a day will come when we in the uk will need a helping hand and if we don't help others now they may not like us so much in the future. and anyway its just human decency to help those least fortunate and that means prioritising the need of the hatians now are far greater than the needs of some brits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    i fail to see why we should give money away to other countries even if they do "need" it..
    Wheres your sense of empethy and humanity?
    While it is true, the UK is not a charity, it is a great and nobal country who will always help those in need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Your quite clearly are a fool, here it costs 10 times more for anything there than it does there, therefore the homeless and people in serious poverty here are in the same situation.

And it is just common sense to use your own countries money on your own countries people first.
    The same situation as people who have lost their whole family in one day and do not have enough food or water to survive. There isn't one person in this country who is in that situation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J DOT A)
    I'm sorry but I don't see young British kids running around screaming that there mother has died due to a collapsing building. The homeless people of this nation are either a)drug users or b) alcohol dependant... I'm not saying that all are, of course not, some have genuine reasons but there is help available for them.
    Yeah Haiti might have been a "dump", but there are STILL human beings that live there, and for the normal descent person that is all that matters, and we should help.

Britian will be out of the rescession within a couple of years give or take, we aren't going to be like this forever... and no we are not on the verge of bankruptcy, stop reading The Sun and the Daily Fail.
    Our economy is very slowly (and yes it might be extremly slow) but its rising none the less. Haiti however, well... as you said it was a dump, so we, being "privalliged" people should help them.
    First of all Griffin is 100% wrong on this. We should pummel money to fund supplies to them.

Also - sentence Nazi time - to stop being so prejudice, say "The vast majority of the homeless people of this nation are either a)drug users or b) alcohol dependant..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Charity begins at home.

And yeah it's a tragedy but let's not pretend Haiti was anything but a dump before hand.

We should help people in our country before we look abroad. I'd rather the money went to fix the NHS/our school, then Haitians.

Obviously send some aid workers or things they need, but seriously we have enough debt already.

I don't get the obsession with helping abroad, let's say you had £10,000, would you give it to a homeless person with nothing to do with you, or to your actual brother who needed it equally? Hmmm, tough one..

Although that comment by Nick is retarded; you can't compare the (small) number of people who are dying from the cold here to the numbers in Haiti.
    So you consider every single person in the British population your brother, even though you don't know most of them? :rolleyes:

And you can compare the (small) number of people who are dying from the cold here to the numbers in Haiti. If it wasn't obvious, the thousands of victims of the Haitian earthquake need the money more than ever. That's why the British Government is helping them. Durrrr!

And I'm going to play the card you just played: suppose you had many relatives in Haiti, would you be rambling on about where the British Government's money should go?

Turns out that Mr. Griffin's comment was the only one that was retarded :yes:

ReputationRep:
    who cares about haiti, some small country in the carribean that's never done anything for us and would probably burn british flags if they had the chance, but once again generous Britain is doing everything she can to spend money British people worked hard for on a peoples who have been ravaged by a totally random disaster in which we had no part. IMO all foreign aid should be cancelled immediately and charity should fill the gap, that worked fine in the asian tsunami.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Griffin is just saying that to appeal to his voter demographic and actually doesn't care about homeless people.

Still, I suppose it would reflect badly on Britain if we sent less money than other countries just to focus on our people in need.

(Original post by youfat*******)
    The same situation as people who have lost their whole family in one day and do not have enough food or water to survive. There isn't one person in this country who is in that situation...
    Actually there is one probably somewhere.

And homeless people have generally no family and not enough food or water? :confused: :confused:

(Original post by jaggedspike)
    Are you joking? Britain does a million things for its own people. Benefits for the unemployed or disabled, centres for homeless people, free healthcare. Britain can afford to pledge £10 million. The amount the government loses in benefit fraud runs into billions.
    Centers for homeless?

Go find me government run ones, there are none as far as I know.

(Original post by unknownpleasures)
    http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Britain_..._debt_payments

Oh look, our parents and grandparents have been paying off debts they inherited from 1945 up until 2007. The UK economy clearly did quite well despite this fact.
    $27bil in todays money...

We borrowed hundreds in the last 18 months.

Please get in touch with reality.

ReputationRep:
    Its easy to differentiate us and them if the people live some 1000s of miles away.

Basically the reasons we shouldn't help Haiti by analogy then we shouldn't be spending money in the NHS on non-lifethreatening treatments such as broken limps, hearing loss, hip replace-ment and concetrate more on life threatening treatment such as cancer.
    We should remove the physio department because it treats non life threatening conditions.
    We shouldn't have embassies around the world because they cost too much and we have homeless people in this country.

Fortunately as a rich country we have the duty to help people in NEED than to spend BILLIONS of £ in wars that do notthing for this country (IRAQ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    Seriously when will people stop being so nationalistic and accept that Human beings are a race and should help each other?
    It seems to me that the western countries are the ones doing all the helping.

You NEVER see these third world countries doing anything to help each other. They always come to West for help, all the while blaming us for the crimes of our ancestors.

The tragic situation in Haiti should be the burden of charities, not the British taxpayer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Centers for homeless?

Go find me government run ones, there are none as far as I know.
    You don't know about it because your not homeless. Duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewsamuels)
    Fortunately as a rich country we have the duty to help people in NEED than to spend BILLIONS of £ in wars that do notthing for this country (IRAQ).
    We have no such duty. Our only duty is to ourselves- only when we eliminate poverty and strife in our own country should we go to the rest of the world,if at all.

(Original post by jaggedspike)
    You don't know about it because your not homeless. Duh
    Neither can you, because there is none .

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.