Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to do two postgraduate courses at the same university at the same time?

(Like two one year courses)

Posted on behalf of a too curious little brother.

ReputationRep:
    No way. You may get away with doing 2 part time courses at once (and not sure if even that's allowed), but 2 full time 1 year courses at once?! You must be joking. Lectures would clash, together they'd need more hours of studying than would be possible unless you can find more than 24 hours in a day, and any practical work would obviously keep clashing to an insane degree. It wouldn't work and I doubt a course would let its students take such a big risk in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to pass but you wouldn't do very well! It would be pretty funny tho. Certainly I could do two history MAs at once and they almost certainly wouldnt clash as contact time is minimal.

ReputationRep:
    Technically possible, practically impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicforsanity)
    Is it possible to do two postgraduate courses at the same university at the same time?

(Like two one year courses)

Posted on behalf of a too curious little brother.
    And you're a robot and for you time is flexible plus your day has at least 48h then yes, go for it :yes: xD

ReputationRep:
    I really didn't think it was possible he was just curious since you can do combined honours.
    Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine who was doing an MSc in Econ had someone in his course course who was doing an MSc in Computer Science at the same time, but in a different uni. However apparently he was very lucky with the exams because they didn't clash but they could have.
    Also, I think that apart if your really gifted in one of them or already know loads, you might struggle to do two at the same time and end up with bad grades.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention the cost, of course. You'd need to fork out around £7,200 for fees plus expenses such as accomodation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.