Turn on thread page Beta

How can i make her see that i want it to be just us? watch

I really like this girl, and we do spend a lot of one-on-one time together. We've had dinner together and all sorts of stuff. But we'e not dating.

The thing is, whenever I ask her if she's up for doing something- like meeting up for dinner/movies or whatever, most of the time she's like , 'yeah that sounds great, I'll see if such-and-such can come along!" - Often , it ends up just being us... but still...

I think she knows I like her, but then again she's never had a boyfriend before and I know for a fact she's afraid of having a boyfriend... I've in fact told her I like her not too long ago, but she doesn't act at all awkwardly around me! And she constantly suggests stuff we could do together, (whether she means one-on-one stuff or stuff as a group I don't know,)

I guess the question is: how can I make it clear to her that I want it to be 'just her and me' going on these 'outings', WITHOUT seeming like I'm asking her on a date? I know it's a difficult thing to do, but any suggestions would be grand! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    1) I don't think she thinks that you're asking her on dates. Theres no way to ask her without making it clear, ask her out and specifically call it a date
    2) I don't know how she feels about you but if I had a guy asking me out places and I didn't fancy him I would say the same as her (asking friends to come along as well) just to make it not seem like a date. Then again its possible that shes just a bit awkward around guys she likes and asks her friends along so she doesn't feel all alone and vunerable with you

ReputationRep:
    Give her something really romantic on valentine's day with like a cute card or something and maybe ask her only out. If she doesn't get the hint, then..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I guess the question is: how can I make it clear to her that I want it to be 'just her and me' going on these 'outings', WITHOUT seeming like I'm asking her on a date?
    You want to ask her out on a date without seeming like you're asking her out on a date?

Solution: grow a pair and take the plunge. Be honest that you want to date her and if she's still stalling then cool off for a bit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.