Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what to do anymore watch

ReputationRep:
    damn, that is soo mean!
    feel sorry for you but then again Shyt happens!

ReputationRep:
    LDRs nahhh there only good if thre's noone around locally haha. Also there's a difference between Long distance london-paris compared to Manchester-New York aiii?

ReputationRep:
    LDRs nahhh there only good if thre's noone around locally haha. Also there's a difference between Long distance london-paris compared to Manchester-New York aiii?

ReputationRep:
    Wish I could say you were wrong about love. But you're not. People who promise forever very often break that promise. Thank god for the unconditional love provided by family, otherwise the world would be a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    7 weeks ago. Just a week ago, she sent me an email that somehow only appeared in my inbox today saying she wanted to get back together. I don't understand how she could have moved on so quickly. She says that I encouraged her to move on, well I'm sorry but that was after she convinced me that she was moving on herself and that I should too. Her entire attitude recently has been nonchalant clearly giving the impression she was not attached. And then I get this email today. And then I get the update.

I was not looking to try to start again with her, that wasn't the main interest, I just wanted us to solidify a bond. Everything in my life that I do now and love doing, she introduced me to it. I can't wake up and not see her in everything I do. I just wanted to end things - if thats what she wanted - in a way where we could still be close friends. But even after all this, she doesn't want me in her life. She seems desperate to ignore everything that isn't 2 weeks old. She can be with others if that's what she chooses. What hurts the most is how the girl that was my everything for two years is just devaluing our memory so easily. I truly truly believed we'd last and I was a crazy cynic at one point. To be raised up and then dropped on the floor like this, its just..too much. She was/is my dream girl and it took me quite a bit of time to realise that I am actually good enough for her. But in hindsight I guess I wasn't. It's clear who here was more in love.

I haven't cried this much since I was 12 years and its bloody embarrassing how I have to mute my agony so I don't wake up the family.
    First of all .. *virtual hug* lol..

You're more than 'good enough' for her.. you're too good for her. For someone who doesnt appreciate what you've done for her or the feelings you have for her - isnt worth your time. i know its hard to love someone who doesnt love you back but realistically **** happens and people change. Trust me i've learnt from experience.. i've known people who i thought 'hmm maybe he's the one' and people who i thought that i'll know forever, but in life anything can happen and people DO change. We dont live in a fantasical world where some things we want would go exactly the way we hoped for.. especially regarding relationships and 'love'. Things are inevitable and love IS blind.

Try to look at things at a broader perspective.. i know she's hurt you a lot and you're going through pain, but maybe she's going through something that she doesnt want to or afraid to tell you? Maybe when she said she was seeing someone was just an excuse so that you could move on from her? It's just a big questions mark and wierd that suddenly she's telling you that she doesnt want to be with you. Either she's HAS really moved on and found someone or its something else that she's not telling you.

i dont want to put your hopes up or give any assumption to keep trying to contact her, but i will tell you this.. Time is the best healer. Give HER time and give yourself time to contemplate because it takes a while to move on. Dont beat yourself up over this.. you did whatever you could to make this relationship work, and this is now her call. Personally i think she owes it to you for an actual reason why she wanted to end the relationship.

Blahh.. i'm so glad i'm single lol :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilPrii3)
    First of all .. *virtual hug* lol..

You're more than 'good enough' for her.. you're too good for her. For someone who doesnt appreciate what you've done for her or the feelings you have for her - isnt worth your time. i know its hard to love someone who doesnt love you back but realistically **** happens and people change. Trust me i've learnt from experience.. i've known people who i thought 'hmm maybe he's the one' and people who i thought that i'll know forever, but in life anything can happen and people DO change. We dont live in a fantasical world where some things we want would go exactly the way we hoped for.. especially regarding relationships and 'love'. Things are inevitable and love IS blind.

Try to look at things at a broader perspective.. i know she's hurt you a lot and you're going through pain, but maybe she's going through something that she doesnt want to or afraid to tell you? Maybe when she said she was seeing someone was just an excuse so that you could move on from her? It's just a big questions mark and wierd that suddenly she's telling you that she doesnt want to be with you. Either she's HAS really moved on and found someone or its something else that she's not telling you.

i dont want to put your hopes up or give any assumption to keep trying to contact her, but i will tell you this.. Time is the best healer. Give HER time and give yourself time to contemplate because it takes a while to move on. Dont beat yourself up over this.. you did whatever you could to make this relationship work, and this is now her call. Personally i think she owes it to you for an actual reason why she wanted to end the relationship.

Blahh.. i'm so glad i'm single lol http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/cute.gif
    Thank you. I've come to the conclusion that whether she feels for me - no matter how little - it obviously isn't enough to realise how inconsiderate and cold she appeared. You would think out of respect she would either be honest and open or at the least do it in a softer way. She did neither. And I don't want to be with someone like that. No one does and yet that's the last memory she was willing to left me with.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, hun. :hugs: I don't actually know what to say. I don't fully understand the situation and I have no experience with LDRs. Good luck though. I hope some happiness comes from this eventually.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.