Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should students share their assignments on the internet?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi friends,

i saw some websites which students can share their assignments and many people are using these websites. I wanna learn what do you think about sharing your assignments as a sample to new classes?? do you think, is it helpful for new students???

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think so. I pay £5 a month to use Coursework.info. All the content on the website goes though Turnitin anti-plaugarism software, and when I submit my coursework, that too goes through the same software.

ReputationRep:
    So you are posting your assignments as well and are they paying you anything for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mj2010x)
    Yeah, I think so. I pay £5 a month to use Coursework.info. All the content on the website goes though Turnitin anti-plaugarism software, and when I submit my coursework, that too goes through the same software.
    What does the Turnitin anti-plaugarism software actually do?

I share my 'assignments' online, alright. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GurlGamer)
    I think it scans the text into the system, and then compairs any other text with the text, sort of like a search-engine. Thus, if you copy something word for word it recognises it. No doubt it then brings up the piece of coursework, and tutors can start to plot the student's demise .

ReputationRep:
    I would and have done it. No good deed goes unpunished. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    As a student, I would never have done it, and I'm very much against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GurlGamer)
    Scans the coursework and checks it against other people work; books, journals, internet websites etc. Literally everywhere. Returns anything that looks like it's been copied.

I can't imagine there's a uni that doesn't use it or software like it.

I've never posted coursework online, but I have helped mates who come to do the same modules at a later date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    As a student, I would never have done it, and I'm very much against it.
    I agree. I simply cannot see how the system of being able to 'buy' pieces of coursework, or effectively 'buy better grades' can be seen to be fair. To be honest I think it's a bad thing that TSR is partners with the coursework.info site, but yeah - nothing much I can do about that.

I certainly, certainly would never pay for coursework, nor would I sell my own.
    If I was in the situation where I needed to buy a piece of work in order to get good grades, there is obviously a deeper problem which wasting my money on this won't help.

ReputationRep:
    I share it. I wouldn't charge for it and would never pay for it.
    If it helps someone get started I see no issue unless copied.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.