Turn on thread page Beta

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. IV watch

(Original post by Loz17)
    I find M1 hard enough (not the maths, just the logic :sigh:)
    I didn't like M1 in that respect; I thought I got it, but I didn't, so I resat. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Exams do go on when your at A2 :sigh:

I have almost a month of them in summer. M1 is on 24th May, then rest aren't until the 2nd and 3rd week of june. I'm done 18th June though until (hopefully) end of september.
    My first is on the 27th May D1...then I have a huge gap til the 18th June C4 then Chemistry and physics are a one after the other on 28th and 29th.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    ARE YOU MADz?! M3 ruined me!

Granted, I didn't take the past papers seriously, but June 09 was ridiculous

But in lessons it was cool :gthumb:

It's like mechanics meets Forces/Fields/Energy
    :teehee:
    I'd still like to try it..because we're doing loads of fields and energy **** in physics so it would mean less work :mmm:

(Original post by maxfire)
    I'd still like to try it..because we're doing loads of fields and energy **** in physics so it would mean less work :mmm:
    Centres of Mass was tl;dr

I didn't like M1 in that respect; I thought I got it, but I didn't, so I resat. :hmpf:
    :sadnod: Yea its like that. I thought I sort of got it last year, then I gave up and got 10 UMS :mmm:

I'm getting it retaught and retaking in May now
    (Original post by Smeh)
    My first is on the 27th May D1...then I have a huge gap til the 18th June C4 then Chemistry and physics are a one after the other on 28th and 29th.
    :facepalm:
    28th and 29th :eek3:

I have a gap between 24th may and 10th June (M1 and Psy unit 2) C4 is my final exam :awesome:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Centres of Mass was tl;dr
    Nah man that was easy, it was in M2 :mmm:

FFFFUUUUUUUU I found some M5 shizz in my Mechanics of Materials lecture notes. :emo:

The M3 version of CoM involves lots of integration.

Right, I'm not gonna get anything one like this...

ReputationRep:
    I have mine all bunched together in June :sad:

D1 (possibly): 9th June
    FP3: 11th June
    FP4: 15th
    S2: 18th
    and then
    Phy5: 29th
    so I have over a week to prepare

ReputationRep:
    Nah man that was easy, it was in M2 :mmm:
    I thought that until I saw the June 09 question for OCR MEI. I was something like 49/75 to get an A for that paper.
    Luckily Jan 10 was so simple.

(Original post by Loz17)
    Right, I'm not gonna get anything one like this...
    Are you going? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    FFFFUUUUUUUU I found some M5 shizz in my Mechanics of Materials lecture notes. :emo:

The M3 version of CoM involves lots of integration.
    M5? :eek4: I didn't know it existed. :hmmm:
    I'm looking forward to meeting it :nothing:

M5? :eek4: I didn't know it existed. :hmmm:
    I'm looking forward to meeting it :nothing:
    You don't have to do it if there are enough modules under your belt!

M4 has more vectors stuff (it looks simple, but it's not), I think it has the cross product too, 2D collisions :gasp:

M5 has more cross product, moments of inertia, parallel axes theorem, some other theorem, variable mass (off the hook :rolleyes: :afraid:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    I thought that until I saw the June 09 question for OCR MEI. I was something like 49/75 to get an A for that paper.
    Luckily Jan 10 was so simple.
    Wooow. Some crazy ****. :mmm:

How's the physics coming along? I can't be assed to learn all the How Science Works ********, I'll just read through it, and hope I pick up some helpful infomation. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to do it if there are enough modules under your belt!

M4 has more vectors stuff (it looks simple, but it's not), I think it has the cross product too, 2D collisions :gasp:

M5 has more cross product, moments of inertia, parallel axes theorem, some other theorem, variable mass (off the hook :rolleyes: :afraid:)
    Wow, that sounds so confusing. I'm glad I'm not doing it :sexface:

But it would be kinda interesting to see how it is.

ReputationRep:
    Wooow. Some crazy ****. :mmm:

How's the physics coming along? I can't be assed to learn all the How Science Works ********, I'll just read through it, and hope I pick up some helpful infomation. :sigh:
    Same. I'm just gonna blag my way through those questions tbh. Apart from that it's not too bad. Been doing some past papers and it's generally the wordy questions that catch me out. The exam questions in the Nelson Thornes book still scare me though.
    Oh and electric fields can go lick out :mad:

Wow, that sounds so confusing. I'm glad I'm not doing it :sexface:

But it would be kinda interesting to see how it is.
    Yeah I went to the lessons, but didn't take the exams, and it was interesting in a way.

But every Tuesday morning... mind = blown. :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Same. I'm just gonna blag my way through those questions tbh. Apart from that it's not too bad. Been doing some past papers and it's generally the wordy questions that catch me out. The exam questions in the Nelson Thornes book still scare me though.
    I hate word questions. Biology last year was hell. You pretty much had to quote the mark scheme word for word :hmmm:
    It's not like you won't get an A though :mmm:

and:
    Oh and electric fields can go lick out :mad:
    Is that a new insult? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I went to the lessons, but didn't take the exams, and it was interesting in a way.

But every Tuesday morning... mind = blown. :shock:
    What happened on Tuesday mornings?

What happened on Tuesday mornings?
    That's when I had the M5 lessons, with this awesome :ahee: maths teacher, who went really fast. He made cakes for everyone in the Further Maths set (at least) once though. :lovedup:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.