Turn on thread page Beta

The 2010, Honorary Member Welcoming, Undergraduate Degree Results Chat Thread Mk. IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    How original :curious:
    It's meant to make people go :hmmm: wth they've already had Fast and Furious. Then people Google it and find out that the first one was called The Fast and the Furious and everyone goes lol and then tells other people and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's 9.85 up and 0.47 down. I win

ReputationRep:

dont know how to make it as a picture :emo: but :smug:

EDIT:yeah it came out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    liar
    :hmmm:
    You'd know :sexface:

(Original post by TheTallOne)
    When the internet is slow everyone has nothing to do.

And getting even that speed is impossible from my room.
    Yea I bet

My download speed is a lie, I am quite far from my router and the range for it isn't that good, I can download about 3mb of stuff in 30 secs, not in 1 like that said i can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :sadnod: Me too
    buy dvd or internet? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I really want to just grab my room mate's guitar and smash it. She's been playing it all day and its just annoying me now!
    I was on the phone to my dad and she started playing while I was talking to him. :nothing:
    AGH!

It's meant to make people go :hmmm: wth they've already had Fast and Furious. Then people Google it and find out that the first one was called The Fast and the Furious and everyone goes lol and then tells other people and stuff.
    Ahh cunning :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Just under 7 months. I tried it as a new years resolution but got bored
    :mmm: Dunno if I'll last that long.

Isn't it meant to be 7 days to break a physical addiction, and 70 to break a psychological addiction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Guido Fawks :coma:
    And Dziffa, at the UCL thing, did you know that polish girl or meet her on the day>
    I met her that day.
    How comes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    :hmmm:
    You'd know :sexface:
    Exactly :sexface:

(Original post by flowermaster91)
    buy dvd or internet? :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If they wern't clamping down on it, I'd do internet (not saying how due to risk of warning)

ReputationRep:
    I wouldve hidden the guitar

Spoiler:
    Show
    in the bin :pierre:

(Original post by jennikay)
    :mmm: Dunno if I'll last that long.

Isn't it meant to be 7 days to break a physical addiction, and 70 to break a psychological addiction?
    I honestly have no idea

After about 2 weeks it was so easy though so possibly just a physical attraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Ugh I really want to just grab my room mate's guitar and smash it. She's been playing it all day and its just annoying me now!
    I was on the phone to my dad and she started playing while I was talking to him. :nothing:
    AGH!
    Give her a slap. Just a full on backhand. Take no prisoners.

Max is listening to Black Tide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If they wern't clamping down on it, I'd do internet (not saying how due to risk of warning)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i know sites dont worry :shh:

ReputationRep:
    I ******* LOL'D.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Yea I bet

My download speed is a lie, I am quite far from my router and the range for it isn't that good, I can download about 3mb of stuff in 30 secs, not in 1 like that said i can
    Actually, it depends on the server - if you have a fast server then you will max or speed out (or if you download from many servers simultaneously)

And there's a difference between bits and bytes: 8 bits=1 byte and internet speed is measured in bits (mbps) whereas file size is shown in bytes (MB). So if you have a 8mbps connection, you can download 1MB per second. /nerd

ReputationRep:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/685844197.png

:proud::smug::proud::smug::proud:

I love my uni internet.

If you ever come across jayshah31 (I think it's 31) then he has a speed test which was done in the computer labs, and it's like 450Mb/s :coma:

Also, 800 :yeah:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.