Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, all

Im currently doing my A/s levels right now (re sitting the year), and was wondering how is A Level Geography, ICT and Business? and I have one more question, I re sat my IGCSE English exam last year and I got a D, now should I go for another re sit this year to try and get that C? From what I've heard I think most Uni's wants a C in English. Any help would be appreciated thanks =)

PS. Im doing the Edexcel board for both IGCSE's and A levels and got a D in first language english.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is wise to re-sit IGCSE English.
    Can you not do the GCSE? - it is likely easier.
    I appreciate that if you are an international scholar, 'probably not' is the answer! :woo:

As for A Level geography, ICT and business, they would seem to lend themselves to "soft science" - they are probably fine if you intend to go into business or using computers for any other purpose

ReputationRep:
    Well If you are a former Business student then the three subjects are fine and yes you should give the English Exam as C is the minimum requirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    I think it is wise to re-sit IGCSE English.
    Can you not do the GCSE? - it is likely easier.
    I appreciate that if you are an international scholar, 'probably not' is the answer! :woo:

As for A Level geography, ICT and business, they would seem to lend themselves to "soft science" - they are probably fine if you intend to go into business or using computers for any other purpose
    Yeah probably can't :P. I intend to go in to the Business field and do Marketing. I heard there is like a 75 mark question or something stupid like that in Geography? It's that in IGCSE English in classes I use to get D's etc once in a while C's but when it came to doing mock exams and such I always scored C's, but when I did the final exam, I got a D, which im afraid i might screw up again this yeas =S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Yeah probably can't :P. I intend to go in to the Business field and do Marketing. I heard there is like a 75 mark question or something stupid like that in Geography? It's that in IGCSE English in classes I use to get D's etc once in a while C's but when it came to doing mock exams and such I always scored C's, but when I did the final exam, I got a D, which im afraid i might screw up again this yeas =S.
    Well ... you already have a D, so you will either improve or stay at a D if you re-sit - it would be one more opportunity to get that grade!

To be honest, I'm not sure about a 75-mark question as I have not taken geography, but I wouldn't be surprised!

It sounds as though you have picked suitable subjects for a career in marketing :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Well ... you already have a D, so you will either improve or stay at a D if you re-sit - it would be one more opportunity to get that grade!

To be honest, I'm not sure about a 75-mark question as I have not taken geography, but I wouldn't be surprised!

It sounds as though you have picked suitable subjects for a career in marketing :yes:
    Thanks a lot m8 =D. My headmaster asked for the A Level entries and IGCSE entries last week and I have to tell him next week whether im re sitting or not, so yeah Ill do it. Well anyway back to Geography revision :P. Thanks to you to Jonathan3909 =P.

Btw how much revision did you put in to your As levels? and how much should you put in for A levels? I know its a very big step but did you going over the work as soon as you started or?...

Thanks for the help =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Thanks a lot m8 =D. My headmaster asked for the A Level entries and IGCSE entries last week and I have to tell him next week whether im re sitting or not, so yeah Ill do it. Well anyway back to Geography revision :P. Thanks to you to Jonathan3909 =P.

Btw how much revision did you put in to your As levels? and how much should you put in for A levels? I know its a very big step but did you going over the work as soon as you started or?...

Thanks for the help =)
    No problem!

I think it is probably wise to do the re-sit - good choice!

I put in a fair amount of revision, but mostly for the few days before the exams, rather than months in advance!

ReputationRep:
    No problem!

I think it is probably wise to do the re-sit - good choice!

I put in a fair amount of revision, but mostly for the few days before the exams, rather than months in advance!
    Alright then thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Geog is the most respected of those A levels.

Business is easy ifyou have a decent memory, it constitutes little more than a regurgitation of information from what I wan gather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Geog is the most respected of those A levels.

Business is easy ifyou have a decent memory, it constitutes little more than a regurgitation of information from what I wan gather.
    Business is actually pretty easy, and your right all you need is decent memory. ICT is coursework so thats fine, and a practical. Geography is toughest of them all for me right now.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.