Turn on thread page Beta

What are you wearing on your nails? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I just got my nails done with gel extensions and a bit of bling and I can't stop looking at them!

What are you guys doing with your nails?

Something super elaborate?

Or something super simple?

photo credits to cynfulnails.blogspot.com and polishaddict.com
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Barry M clear polish... work killed my fingernails and they look so **** atm lol
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Jessica Nibble no more and a (very chipped) burgundy colour...just getting my nails for the first time...unfortunately after that exam on wednesday my right thumb's been chewed into nothingness again :sigh: Gonna file them and repaint them today :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel "Pompous". It's purple and very sparkly ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Just french manicured acrylics :]

ReputationRep:
    Work has killed my nails, unfortunately But even then I only wear nail varnish rarely, as my nails seem to get more damaged when I do (even using base coat).
    I've never had proper extensions put on, but when I tried diy ones I hated them as they were just too long and in the way - though I know they do look nice

ReputationRep:
    Just a simple french manicure
    Hate extensions, too fake for me.

ReputationRep:
    Just clear nail varnish- my nails are too short and bitten for coloured nail varnish to look right. I really should invest in something to stop nail-biting, any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Nail extensions look horrible, plain french manicure is the winner :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    Just clear nail varnish- my nails are too short and bitten for coloured nail varnish to look right. I really should invest in something to stop nail-biting, any suggestions?
    I use jessica nibble no more...and try to paint them even though it looks rubbish at the moment...I find that combination works well Dark colours are meant to look better on shorter nails so I use a burgundy :yes:
    Or if you've got some money to spend on it apparently getting some good quality false nails put on can work really well because you can't get at your nails to bite them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I use jessica nibble no more...and try to paint them even though it looks rubbish at the moment...I find that combination works well Dark colours are meant to look better on shorter nails so I use a burgundy :yes:
    Or if you've got some money to spend on it apparently getting some good quality false nails put on can work really well because you can't get at your nails to bite them :p:
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them. Sick of having rubbish nails :p:

ReputationRep:
    I use Barry M blue glittery stuff almost all the time. It's AWESOME! That with a couple of coats of Sally Hansen Mega Shine and you get a really good finish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Barry M clear polish... work killed my fingernails and they look so **** atm lol
    This. I have a Rimmel strengthener on now and have them shortish for once. Stupid deliveries at work plus money + boxes seem to really weaken my nails, they keep chipping. I don't like the look of extentions though, I'd prefer a french manicure if I can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is dumb

ReputationRep:
    Nothing at the moment. Exams have made me bite them so they look horrible .

Might put a colour on them later just to jazz them up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    those nails are too fake and too chavvy for me

ReputationRep:
    absolutely nothing. Sometimes I paint them, but I forget to take it off, and then I just end up with scruffy remnants until it totally wears away. Call me lazy...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. The only thing I've been putting on them recently is Stop 'n Grow, but when the taste wears off I keep forgetting to redo it.

ReputationRep:
    French manicure always(or a nice natural pinky colour).
    and I keep my nails long, natural and oval shaped.
    fake nails make me cringe

ReputationRep:
    Spit.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.