Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Nothing, it's really rare that I'll do anything with my nails. I just find them a pain in the arse really, so I just keep them short and bare. I don't paint them due to just not being able to do it neatly mostly, but I can't stand them being long! Just gets in the way.
    Practise makes perfect with applying nail polish! Plus if you make a mess and get it on your ginfers you can easily clean it up afterwards with a cotton bud or a makeup brush dipped in polish remover.

Painting my nails makes me happy, it's such a quick and cheap way to brighten up a look, especially in winter!

ReputationRep:
    I have acrylics on at the moment, they look amazing. Simple french manicure effect but longer and stronger than my natural nails.

ReputationRep:
    Barry M Base Coat. Can't be bothered to colour for now. I'm diggin' the simple shine.

ReputationRep:
    Eyeko lilac polish. It doesn't chip easily on me at all which is a bonus, I hate chipped nail polish.

ReputationRep:
    OPI St. Petersburgundy. Getting a bit chipped now though since I didn't have time to put on base or top coat.

ReputationRep:

Rimmel Green With Envy. It looks so messy in that pic though

ReputationRep:
    Well, Dior in 354 Pink Berries shade, is so nice, like a dusty pink. Need to repaint them though, I find waiting for them to dry so time consuming though, anyone got any tips that work for quick drying nails?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Well, Dior in 354 Pink Berries shade, is so nice, like a dusty pink. Need to repaint them though, I find waiting for them to dry so time consuming though, anyone got any tips that work for quick drying nails?
    I'd say in between coats of colour leave it as long as you can as the results are better. If you're adding a top coat then you can get a quickdrying one that you can apply to wet polish such as Mavala's Mavadry or Sèche Vite.

ReputationRep:
    bright red barry m.
    i filed all my nails fairly short yesterday and i only wear colours like black or red when they're short, i think it looks too garish when my nails are long like usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    You could try OPI drip dry. Friends of mine say it's really good.

ReputationRep:
    Barry M grey, simple .

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Urban Purple.

Which is a lovely deep pink.

Pink.

ReputationRep:
    snap on the barry m grey it's nice and simple but not a harsh as black

ReputationRep:
    Pearl-coloured nail polish.

I'm thinking I might get some plain, not-too-long fake nails though, just because applying nail polish is the least fun in the world, but I love how polished nails look.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently wearing bourjois So Laque! in Beige Glamour. Great neutral colour and fab application
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just repainted my nails...still not the best at it...but they look decent this time Newly painted nails are the best
    Still wearing Jessica nibble no more and burgundy nail polish

ReputationRep:
    http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Stay-Per...Polish_851324/

This, in 'Totally Teal'. I can't abide nail extensions - it's impossible to draw properly or play guitar with them! I shop in Boots a lot (advantage card) and I had loads of those £5 No7 vouchers, so I bought some polishes and they're really, really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Currently its rimmel silver nail polish, rimmel blue nail polish and sally hansens double duty as a base and top coat.

It doesn't layer very well... I'm going for china glaze or OPI polishes next time.

ReputationRep:
    Models own in lilac dream

ReputationRep:
    I just quickly swatched this to post it on my blog. I know it's messy but I took it off straight away!

Steamy, by MAC:

Going polish shopping tomorrow for my night out

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.