The Student Room Group

France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/ap_on_re_eu/eu_france_forbidding_the_veil

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!

Just to clear things up for confused people:

1) HIJAB--> is what covers the woman's hair and is a MUST in Islam
2) Niqab or Burqua--> what covers the face and is NOT a must in Islam
3) Abaya--> What covers the woman's body.
(REASON!) in order not for her chest, arms, legs, or any other visible skin to show. ONLY face and hands are ok to show. A woman might choose to NOT wear the Abaya and that is FINE as long as she wears a dress to cover the mentioned parts.

But seriously, France is so ***** STUPID in doing this!
And the lady has a point in saying that Muslims don't force Christians and other religions from wearing the hijab in a Muslim country...
* Saudi Arabia is another story, as THEY are an example of EXTREMISTS and something that Islam does not approve of. Like the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that the best thing is to be in the MIDDLE, not TOO free and not too EXTREME....
After all, Islam is simple and easy and doesn't force people to do things they don't like. God made everything easy for us....:smile:

Scroll to see replies

If you don't like it there then you can always go live in another country
Yep. Agreed with Mr Orange. No one asked for Muslims to come to the west.
Stupid religion....

When the muslim men begin to wear Burquas, then they may keep the right to wear them
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Stupid religion....

When the muslim men begin to wear Burquas, then they may keep the right to wear them

lol, I like your logic.

Covering of the face isn't even part of Islam! If it is not part of their dresscode then it is not discriminating against Islam.
If everyone started wearing balaclavas they would ban those in public places too.
Islam has absolutely no grounds for debate over this matter, you come to the west then you play by our rules just as we do when we go to Islam states.
Mr. Orange
If you don't like it there then you can always go live in another country

WTF????
WHY CAN'T FRANCE RESPECT THEIR RELIGION???????
MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY????
PEOPLE LIKE U DISGUST ME!:mad:
FAMILIES, KIDS, PEOPLE LIVED THERE ALL THEIR LIVES AND NOW YOU ASK THEM TO ...MOVE????????????!!!!!!
AND WHAT ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE??????
WHAT CAN THEY DO????
It's not THEIR FAULT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGION!!!!!
MUSLIMS DON'T ASK PEOPLE FROM OTHER RELGIONS TO MOVE OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY!!!!
GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST DAMN STUPID!!!!

Edit: this goes to EVERYONE who says or agrees to what this idiot said
Reply 6
honeyisgoodforyou

(REASON!) in order not for her chest, arms, legs, or any other visible skin to show. ONLY face and hands are ok to show. A woman might choose to NOT wear the Abaya and that is FINE as long as she wears a dress to cover the mentioned parts.

And the lady has a point in saying that Muslims don't force Christians and other religions from wearing the hijab in a Muslim country...
* Saudi Arabia is another story, as THEY are an example of EXTREMISTS and something that Islam does not approve of. Like the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that the best thing is to be in the MIDDLE, not TOO free and not too EXTREME....
After all, Islam is simple and easy and doesn't force people to do things they don't like. God made everything easy for us....:smile:

The thing is the burqua isn't compulsory. And if you don't ban the burqua you can't sort out the girls who want to wear the burqua or the ones forced to by their parents. So it's a difficult problem really. Most young people wouldn't really want to wear the burqua even if they're pretty strong muslims. Also there is racial discrimination against those wearing burquas and it may be slightly unfair if children are made to wear the burqua even if they don't want to and are abused for it.

It's going to lead to some muslim women now not leaving the house as they won't feel comfortable going out without the veil. That's the sad thing about it.

Now if France banned the headscarf, that would be very wrong. But I don't think they'll do that. Having said that part of me thinks that France doesn't really have a right to impose such restrictions but since they are or going to, I hope they are doing it for positive reasons (e.g. protecting young muslim girls) rather than for more negative reasons (e.g. don't like the idea of women wondering around with a full veil, think it looks untrustworthy).
honeyisgoodforyou
WTF????
FAMILIES, KIDS, PEOPLE LIVED THERE ALL THEIR LIVES AND NOW YOU ASK THEM TO ...MOVE????????????!!!!!!
WHAT CAN THEY DO????

Ludwig Wittgenstein
Covering of the face isn't even part of Islam! If it is not part of their dresscode then it is not discriminating against Islam.
If everyone started wearing balaclavas they would ban those in public places too.
Islam has absolutely no grounds for debate over this matter, you come to the west then you play by our rules just as we do when we go to Islam states.

This is not a persecution of Islam, it is a pragmatic form of goverment intervention.

EDIT: if France was being disrespectful and intolerant of Islam they would ban the practice alltogether.
Reply 8
Ludwig Wittgenstein
This is not a persecution of Islam, it is a pragmatic form of goverment intervention.

EDIT: if France was being disrespectful and intolerant of Islam they would ban the practice alltogether.

Seconded.
Reply 9
france shows it self in a ever shining light of being disrespectful and intolerant.
it is a travesty of justice that muslims are being persecuted in this way
Reply 10
honeyisgoodforyou
WTF????
WHAT CAN THEY DO????

Their country, their rules. I dont agree with it and I'm sure the EU will have something to say about it eventually, but thats how it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein
lol, I like your logic.

Its true. People covering thier face is a problem (hoodies and such).
I can see people abusing the privledge to wear a burker for illegal activites...Then we will have a real issue on our hands :s-smilie:
honeyisgoodforyou
WTF????
WHAT CAN THEY DO????

What about the anti-Semitism a lot of Muslims show? You would not allow a Jew to go to an Islamic country without being hated. Just look at the middle east conflict.
Also, what about Mecca? Non Muslims cannot visit Mecca, nor can Churches be built in Mecca, when there are mosques appearing everywhere in the UK.
If a country is kind enough to let you in, you do not disrespect the values and culture of that country by forcing your religion onto them. You follow the values of that country. A bit hypocritical if you ask me, you do all you can to move to the west, yet you hate the west and try to change it?
Double standards isn't it? White Europeans don't flock to live in Islamic countries and try to change them, and if they did, you would be the first to complain. You are lucky we are very tolerant in Europe.
Reply 13
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Yep. Agreed with Mr Orange. No one asked for Muslims to come to the west.

nobody asked britain to colonise India.
Reply 14
what gives france the right to breach a certain dresscode?
Reply 15
I <3 France. It is the same as people wearing hoodies and balaclavas.
peanut65
nobody asked britain to colonise India.

Weak man! That has sweet f.a to do with this issue.
Reply 17
Jim-ie
Their country, their rules.

That's right. :yes:

Though I consider religious discrimination a Medieval practice.
honeyisgoodforyou

i think its good the french government have the balls to do something which *shock* might offend someone. I think its a good idea.
Decleration of the rights of man and of citizens by the National Assembly of France

V.The law ought to prohibit only actions hurtful to society. What is not prohibited by law, should not be hindered.

As much as I despise Islam this ban is highly illiberal and increadibly pointless. Also it is clearly a move by Sarkozy's UMP to attract moderate National Front voters like he did last time with his illegal immigration crackdown.

Latest

Trending

Trending