Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    "Kind enough to let you in" LOL. You make it sound as if the majority of the people are leeching off the system. The chances are however that the majority of law abiding, tax paying, hard working Muslim Citizens should have the right to practice their religion fully.

And mate, no Churches in Saudi? Last time I checked there wasnt a Mosque in the Vatican? So really certain religious places should be kept in certain ways.

And "Hypocrytical" is colonizing a country, encouraging immigration with the reward of hard labour jobs which Lower/Middle White class british people are too pompous to take up. And then turning around and saying you cant practice the religion you follow fully.

Double standards are saying that Muslims and immigrants leech off the system, where really the majority of people are white middle and lower class citizens. I mean, have you ever watched Jeremy Kyle?
    Did I even mention leeching off the system? no. I mentioned that I disliked muslims who we are kind enough to home to have anti-western views.

Nor did I say muslims couldn't practice their religion. What they shouldn't practice is extremism or have any anti-western views otherwise its hypocritical of them to come here. If they hate our culture, they have the right to leave.

I think you should read this speech, if you still keep your stupid views, then you officially are a retard:

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Let me give you some numbers.

POPULATION
    Saudi Arabia: 28,686,633
    Pakistan: 180,808,000
    Iraq: 28,686,633
    Iran: 74,196,000
    Afghanistan: 28,150,000
    Turkey: 74,816,000
    Algeria: 34,895,000
    Egypt: 77,420,000
    TOTAL: 530,000,000

All of these countries, and many others I've deliberately missed out, have a population of >90 Muslim ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Pew_Forum.png ). All of these countries embrace the violent interpretation of Islam. And just these few countries represent a third of the worldwide Muslim population. And you think I'm the one deluding myself here?
    I have done preliminary statistics and its part common sense and part of statistical knowledge to understand that these samples first of all do not reflect the actual picture accurately enough. Secondly, its only possible to conclude if you go door to door by asking every individual which is impossible.
    The Dutch government in its independent study said roughly 15% Muslims are sympathetic towards those who hold a radical view (note they do not hold a radical view).
    Another study conducted in North America put that number at 5%. This was said by Geert Wilders in an interview. Firstly, both of these are inaccurate. Even if i did assume those numbers were correct, they are nowhere near the majority. 15% means roughly 150,000 Muslims in Holland. These are pretty shocking numbers and have no extensive evidence to that effect. Now which source should I believe, yours?

If you wish to live with this false assumption that 530,000,000 Muslims in the world view Islam the way you believe they do, I couldn't care less. All I can say is that I'm not one of them, but I doubt if you'll believe me. So, suit yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    No, I'm simply addressing them as you have written them. So, they did not question rather they stated.
    Okay, they stated I still don't see why they had to state his religion and whether he was practicing his religion or not.

(Original post by Elipsis)
    Hehe, you make me laugh. You have not proven me wrong at all. Islam teaches peace, and that's what it stands for, these extremists are not followers of the religion, Islam, maybe their own version of it? Hmm ...

(Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    ... commy
    I just did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Yeah they're called the BNP and I think they're facists tbh...We know where you stand
    I stand for the preservation of British culture in Britain. That's not fascism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)

unfortunately a violent minority is plenty to be a threat enough to keep us on edge and highten security, if not a real danger. and these violent beliefs are far more widespread than most people think. watch dispatches: undercover mosque.
    I do not disagree with you. However the violent beliefs may not be as widespread as you think them to be- although definitely it IS growing and MUST be curbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Let me give you some numbers.

POPULATION
    Saudi Arabia: 28,686,633
    Pakistan: 180,808,000
    Iraq: 28,686,633
    Iran: 74,196,000
    Afghanistan: 28,150,000
    Turkey: 74,816,000
    Algeria: 34,895,000
    Egypt: 77,420,000
    TOTAL: 530,000,000

All of these countries, and many others I've deliberately missed out, have a population of >90 Muslim ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Pew_Forum.png ). All of these countries embrace the violent interpretation of Islam. And just these few countries represent a third of the worldwide Muslim population. And you think I'm the one deluding myself here?
    Yes, their governments probably do, but if the whole population (all 530,000,000 people) where violent, then this world would be very different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    Oh No Nobel Peace Prize?
    Funny that the basic concept of Mathematics, thats Algebra was derived from an Arab Muslim.
    Plenty of concepts in Physics and such also arrived from the work of Muslim scientists.
    Not to mention Architectural structures and design which have captivated millions of people. Inticracy of design beyond measure
    LOL SORRY NO MUSLIM HAS A NOBEL PEACE PRICE ON THEIR MANTELPIECE.

ANY WORK IN CHEMISTRY AND HE'LL PROBABLY BE BANGED UP FOR "USING CHEMICALS FOR THE INTENTION OF MASS DESTRUCTION"

TALKING OF MASS DESTRUCTION, NO WEAPONS WERE FOUND IN IRAQ.

BUT THE US AND UK WERE PRETTY QUICK TO CONTROL THE OIL RIGS.
    AND THE USE OF RAW MATERIALS? I THINK EVERYONE KNEW YOU COULD BURN OIL LOL. IT DIDNT TAKE TEACHING.
    A MODERN PROOF THAT THE INVADING BRITISH AND AMERICANS WANT ONLY THE GOODS OF THAT COUNTRY. WITH CONSTRICTION AND REGULATION SLAPPED OUT BY THE "BIG BOYS" NO WONDER LEDCs NOT JUST MUSLIM COUNTRIES ARE FINDING IT HARD TO DEVELOP.

Just to enlighten on you on some discoveries work done by Muslims:

Caesarean Birth
    Basis of Algebra (Algorisimi) and Algorithms
    Understanding of Parkinsons Disease

in fact buddy have the whole list if you can be bothered and you tell me honestly that not even 1 of these things could have bagged the Nobel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_scientists
    Haha, you keep living off the achievements of Arabs (not Muslims) who lived thousands of years ago. Of course everyone knew about the use of oil for simple burning, but it was the West that created the combustion engine. There is a complete intelligence rift throughout the middle east now, and Islam is to blame for that. I would start listing Christian achievments but we could be here all day if I did that.

And the whole war for oil thing? Boring. We have barely gotten a drop of oil out of Iraq. The fact of the matter is that it is just not cost effective for us as a country to invade such a hell hole purely for oil. And why are you pretending that if Muslims had the intelligence and ability to make decent weapons and fight, they wouldn't be doing exactly the same? Just look at how they behave with their 2nd hand cast offs and you'll know the answer.

SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE IN CAPS ALL THE WAY THROUGH, I DO HOPE YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN WITHOUT ME WRITING LIKE I'M FROM THE DAILY MAIL.

ReputationRep:
    well there are people who get carried away..Islam does not allow destroying of other faith places of worship.true muslims are not indulged in any of these acts.so as the practicing christians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    Your sentence assumes that they all came from Afghanistan.
    No, but they can all go to Afghanistan anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    Did I even mention leeching off the system? no. I mentioned that I disliked muslims who we are kind enough to home to have anti-western views.

Nor did I say muslims couldn't practice their religion. What they shouldn't practice is extremism or have any anti-western views otherwise its hypocritical of them to come here. If they hate our culture, they have the right to leave.

I think you should read this speech, if you still keep your stupid views, then you officially are a retard:

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
    '
    We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

Mate I agree with you completely on the above. But that contradicts the statement above.

Peace and harmony can only be achieved through ironing out friction.
    I'm a Muslim, I dont believe in extremist views. I accept others beliefs without question. Everyone should have a right to practice their religion.
    If that means wearing a veil, it should be permitted.

Agree?

ReputationRep:
    And that map has my country in it too. And to say the people in my country are not allowed to follow their religion properly is absolute BULL. The mosque I go to is right next to a church. We celebrate Christmas with the Christians, there's no problem, no conflict at all. and the Muslim population in Bangladesh is roughly 89.2%
    the Hindus Christians etc. will not complain to you about any restrictions. I can bet on that. Bangladesh only does not recognize Israel and doesnt maintain any diplomatic ties with the country. However that doesnt mean that Jews are barred from coming into the country. The country director of the World Bank here is Jewish, including many many others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    no. we wouldnt. because these countries have ***** militaries, and cant use our own planes etc against us any more because security is massive now.
    :facepalm:
    So you are telling me that most muslims are extremists and the only reason that we are still alive is because they dont have the power to kill us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)

Hehe, you make me laugh. You have not proven me wrong at all. Islam teaches peace, and that's what it stands for, these extremists are not followers of the religion, Islam, maybe their own version of it? Hmm ...
    Islam teaches peace, yet somehow every Muslim state is violent and extremist? How strange. Islam teaches peace, yet everywhere Muslims go terrorist attrocities on innocent people are sure to follow. Islam teaches peace, yet it is the most homophobic and abusive of women of all the religions? Islam teaches peace, yet 15,000 terrorist attacks in 9 years have been committed in its name, compared to less than 100 for Christianity. Rather conflictory in nature, wouldn't you agree?

Please, I am interested to know, where in the world where Muslims are over 80% of the population can Christians go and live and worship freely and safely? Answer this question, and you will know if your religion is the peaceful accepting religion you think it to be. I think you may be getting confused because you yourself are peaceful and accepting.

ReputationRep:
    yeah save the british culture where unmarried teenage pregnancy is common..and of all the things britain has the youngest father of the world who is not married to the woman who gives birth to his son..wow
    i would like to know what vatican has to say about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    If you don't like it there then you can always go live in another country
    what if your a french muslim and you want to wear what you want in your country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    Er, not really. It has pretty much everything to do with the issue, if you're going to go down the road of "nobody asked them to come here." Whether you like it or not, we live in more of a global environment with people mixing. A lot of people would agree that's a tad better than everyone being segregated and white/non-Muslim people (although the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive) having some sort of authority... and, as the person you quoted pointing out, taking over different countries and cultures in the past. The point is, since we're going to continue to live in this sort of environment, we need to make sure everyone's given a good standard of life. Not much to ask for, surely?
    Yes and what France is doing is being pragmatic about Muslim immigration to maximise everyones happiness. Burkas are not needed and are in no way essential to the practice of Islam, it is a cultural norm that is prominant in authoritarian and totalitrian Muslim states where religious freedom is not allowed.
    These Burkas can be potentially used to compromise the safety of other people, create social unrest and so on. There is no utility to their use.
    I for one value pluralist society and Burkas are extremely anti-social, they just create stigma for Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    mr.freak--the topic is france close to impose a ban on full muslim veil?

so i would say about it that a muslim women veil is exactly the same as the dress of a christian nun.so you call the muslim women as violent if she wears a veil?-or you calling the chrisitan nun violent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    yeah save the british culture where unmarried teenage pregnancy is common..and of all the things britain has the youngest father of the world who is not married to the woman who gives birth to his son..wow
    i would like to know what vatican has to say about it.
    Says the person who is a member of a religion where the prophet married a child LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)
    Yes, their governments probably do, but if the whole population (all 530,000,000 people) where violent, then this world would be very different.
    You mean those people don't accept the Sharia (which is violent)? They don't accept that it's okay to violently punish your wife(ves) if they are disobedient? They don't think it's okay to deliver lashing/stonings/execution to gays? How naïve of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    mr.freak--the topic is france close to impose a ban on full muslim veil?

so i would say about it that a muslim women veil is exactly the same as the dress of a christian nun.so you call the muslim women as violent if she wears a veil?-or you calling the chrisitan nun violent?
    There is a difference between the two. They do not want Muslim women to have their faces totally covered. It's pretty simple.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.