Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Haha, you keep living off the achievements of Arabs (not Muslims) who lived thousands of years ago. Of course everyone knew about the use of oil for simple burning, but it was the West that created the combustion engine. There is a complete intelligence rift throughout the middle east now, and Islam is to blame for that. I would start listing Christian achievments but we could be here all day if I did that.

And the whole war for oil thing? Boring. We have barely gotten a drop of oil out of Iraq. The fact of the matter is that it is just not cost effective for us as a country to invade such a hell hole purely for oil. And why are you pretending that if Muslims had the intelligence and ability to make decent weapons and fight, they wouldn't be doing exactly the same? Just look at how they behave with their 2nd hand cast offs and you'll know the answer.

SORRY I FORGOT TO WRITE IN CAPS ALL THE WAY THROUGH, I DO HOPE YOU CAN READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN WITHOUT ME WRITING LIKE I'M FROM THE DAILY MAIL.

Last time I checked majority of Arabs were Muslims.

That list is of all Muslim scientists, so your point of differentiating between Muslims and Non Muslim Arabs like plenty of others is invalid.

Im sure there are a long list of Christian scientists who have discovered but I wasnt the one to question the discoveries you brought the topic up of No Muslim Nobel Peace Prize winners?

And the intelligence to produce these weapons.

Isnt that what the U.S and U.K thought Iraq had?

Iran has the nuclear weapons
    as does Pakistan. As do the Arab States. So the whole intelligence reasoning is pretty unintelligent.

And I've written in nice prose for you. Pick up a broadsheet (Y)

ReputationRep:
    my friend dont talk to them about religion.they dont know what religion is .they are happy with there corrupt culture where there sisters go in bikinis infront of them and have children without getting married.
    i am dead sure that this is not allowed in christianity.
    they are baffled when they see muslims pure from these vices.

ReputationRep:
    noble peace award is won by Mohammad Younis of Bangladesh-its a peace award.
    dont be s jealoused or freaked out that you miss out a muslims name??D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    my friend dont talk to them about religion.they dont know what religion is .they are happy with there corrupt culture where there sisters go in bikinis infront of them and have children without getting married.
    i am dead sure that this is not allowed in christianity.
    they are baffled when they see muslims pure from these vices.
    LOL I agree man. Im all for integration between communities, but when we're attacked. Eye for an eye and all that.

Elipsis was going on about women beaters on Jeremy Kyle LOL. Probably forgot to mention the Lie detectors for adultery. The children before marriage. The real leechers of the system. Its easy to be selective.

ReputationRep:
    isnt it human rights violation??
    everyone should have the right to do what they want.it isnt harming anyone or not a threat to france security.atleast it is aint that offending then having s.e.x in public places-why not ban that?

ReputationRep:
    What happened is completely normal, I do not understand why there are so many threads on TSR about it...
    Seriously, how would people look at a French woman if she went into a mosque with a miniskirt and a provocative top? Would people say " She is allowed to wear what she wants to wear..."?
    Honestly no, some people would tell her to cover her body, or simply go out of the mosque.

It is the same thing here in France. either people obey France's LAW and CULTURE, either they just leave. They cannot hope to come into France and change what has been established since centuries.
    The real problem here is the burqa, or I don't know how u call the clothes that cover up all your face. It is against the law, because you cannot be identified at anytime, it is against the religious customs in France, that is it is a non-specifically religious country, it is a disgrace for all people who fought against female oppression, and the one that covers up all the face is not even a must in the Qu'ran.
    You cannot be a French citizen if you do not respect such things. And we do not want such people. If they think that they cannot cope with our culture and traditions, well then we shall ask them to return to their country.

I think that muslims are being a little bit too confident here...after ruining the "social security" systems with their 10-12children, and hundreds of thousands of governmental aids. It is time for French politicians to tackle the problem of immigration a bit more severely here, we cannot tolerate such acts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    Last time I checked majority of Arabs were Muslims.

That list is of all Muslim scientists, so your point of differentiating between Muslims and Non Muslim Arabs like plenty of others is invalid.

Im sure there are a long list of Christian scientists who have discovered but I wasnt the one to question the discoveries you brought the topic up of No Muslim Nobel Peace Prize winners?

And the intelligence to produce these weapons.

Isnt that what the U.S and U.K thought Iraq had?

Iran has the nuclear weapons
    as does Pakistan. As do the Arab States. So the whole intelligence reasoning is pretty unintelligent.

And I've written in nice prose for you. Pick up a broadsheet (Y)
    Thank you for writing like a normal human being, I realise it must have been difficult for you. My point was, there have been no noble prizes awarded to Muslims. That means no Muslim scientists have done any work worthy of the highest merit attainable. Listing Muslims who are scientists does not really counter this argument in the slightest. I differentiated between arab and Muslim because the major scientific achievements made in the area were made long before Islam came along and ruined it.

Whether or not some Muslim states have nuclear weapons or not does not disprove what i'm saying. What i'm saying is that Muslim countries do not currently have the intelligence at their disposal to create an army that could rival ours, but if they could you could bet your bottom dollar the West would have been wiped out already.

ReputationRep:
    elipsis is a psychosis patient-lol .dont mind him.he will be fine when he clears his head and thinks neutrally.

ReputationRep:
    noble peace award is won by Mohammad Younis of Bangladesh-its a peace award.
    dont be s jealoused or freaked out that you miss out a muslims name??D
    Why don't you learn to a) quote, b) write in proper english, and c) use grammar? We aren't talking about peace prizes here, we are talking about the prize for science, economics, or literature. You know, the ones that require intelligence as well as hard work?

ReputationRep:
    '
    We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

Mate I agree with you completely on the above. But that contradicts the statement above.

Peace and harmony can only be achieved through ironing out friction.
    I'm a Muslim, I dont believe in extremist views. I accept others beliefs without question. Everyone should have a right to practice their religion.
    If that means wearing a veil, it should be permitted.

Agree?
    Yes, but as proven before in this thread covering the face is not part of the religion, nor should it be allowed because of security reasons. We wouldn't allow people to where balaclavas everywhere they went. Also, if you go for a job or join a school, then you do not have the right to wear your religious clothing; you wear what is stated by the rules.

If you follow the laws of the land and rules of employment/education, don't disrespect the English people or its culture, then I am not against people following the religion they choose.

ReputationRep:
    elipsis is a psychosis patient-lol .dont mind him.he will be fine when he clears his head and thinks neutrally.
    If you want to talk about psychosis patients perhaps we should take a closer look at your prophet? He was afterall a schizophrenic, war mongering, paedophile, murderer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    You mean those people don't accept the Sharia (which is violent)? They don't accept that it's okay to violently punish your wife(ves) if they are disobedient? They don't think it's okay to deliver lashing/stonings/execution to gays? How naïve of you.
    No, they are not violent peopel; a wife shouldn't be punished violently; gays should not be executed (fyi, Islam only forbids gay sex).

I am not naive, you're just on a rampage :p:

Again, if people do do the above it's because they want to, not because Islam teaches it.

I said, just because the some muslim people aren't peaceful etc doesn't mean Islam is violent too. Thank God I don't judge people on their religion too.

Usually, Christians etc can't live in these countries because of the governments, not because of the muslim people.

Muslims have been targetted for a while, be it by Christians; Jews; Athiests; whatever belief. It's a habit now, we only judge Islam on its people, not any other religion (and I am not saying that we should, tha'ts wrong).

ReputationRep:
    LOL I agree man. Im all for integration between communities, but when we're attacked. Eye for an eye and all that.

Elipsis was going on about women beaters on Jeremy Kyle LOL. Probably forgot to mention the Lie detectors for adultery. The children before marriage. The real leechers of the system. Its easy to be selective.
    All of these things would happen in Muslim socities if they were free. The reason they don't is because your savage brothers wouldn't think twice about pouring battery acid on them, or throwing rocks at them until they die. If you would behave that way, and the only thing stopping you is oppression, then what is the difference? God knows what is in your heart. As if it is a much better thing in Muslim countries that divorce and polygamy are rife, and that marriage to children as young as 6 is legal.

ReputationRep:
    yeah probably that is quiet evident in afghanistan-why britain and us comes to pakistan for help??-beacuse they donot have the intelligence to make an army that could rival taliban.
    point is muslims would never kill inocent people.and i would take honor in telling you that you alone donot represent west.
    there are moderat people in west and lesser freaks like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    Yes, but as proven before in this thread covering the face is not part of the religion, nor should it be allowed because of security reasons. We wouldn't allow people to where balaclavas everywhere they went. Also, if you go for a job or join a school, then you do not have the right to wear your religious clothing; you wear what is stated by the rules.

If you follow the laws of the land and rules of employment/education, don't disrespect the English people or its culture, then I am not against people following the religion they choose.
    Just because there are rules doesn't mean that these rules are unfair.

By disrespecting, you mean disagreeing with? By fighting (metaphor :rolleyes: ) for wearing religious garments, you are not disrespecting anyone's culture etc.

ReputationRep:
    atleast its better to have then a pregnant sister who doesn't know who is the father of her child-bingo.
    these all wrongs in socities are not taugth by any of the religions of the world. but only exhibits the beast in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)
    No, they are not violent peopel; a wife shouldn't be punished violently; gays should not be executed (fyi, Islam only forbids gay sex).

I am not naive, you're just on a rampage

Again, if people do do the above it's because they want to, not because Islam teaches it.

I said, just because the some muslim people aren't peaceful etc doesn't mean Islam is violent too. Thank God I don't judge people on their religion too.

Usually, Christians etc can't live in these countries because of the governments, not because of the muslim people.

Muslims have been targetted for a while, be it by Christians; Jews; Athiests; whatever belief. It's a habit now, we only judge Islam on its people, not any other religion (and I am not saying that we should, tha'ts wrong).
    People have highlighted the verses to you that prove Islam is not peaceful, you have denied them and said that isn't how it works in practice. So they have shown you Muslim states where such verses have worked their way into being laws that govern the country. So you claim that the people don't behave like this? That is patently untrue. They are the ones burning the churches, and blowing themselves up in the name of Allah. Governments are generally just a manifestation of what the people want. Iran became what it is today because of the peoples will. Similarly Russia is no longer communist because the people did not want that. If the way Muslim states behaved conflicted massively with what the people wanted then it would have been changed by now.

ReputationRep:
    More than welcome. And no it wasnt difficult, seeing that I was writing in the form previous the post before last.
    Back to the matter in hand, why does receiving a Nobel Peace Prize dictate whether the Muslim community past or present is serving society?
    Without offending you, surely you can see that hmm Einstein's Theory of Relativity was based around the variation of speed from different relative points. This concept required algebra and mathematics which were founded by a Muslim. That disproves your point. Can you not see that?
    Now if I move away from the Muslim line of argument, there have been plenty of scientists who have not been credited with their discoveries. Such is the case in the field of Genetics and discovery of DNA.
    You have with or without realising generalized that all Muslim nations and are unintelligent and incapable of certain achievements? By suggesting they cannot make their own nuclear weapons, which surely they can. Because Iran certainly didnt buy it off UK/USA/ Russia? this disproves your point.

I'd love to keep disproving your invalid points but some of us have got to get into medschool (Y)

I wish you a good day and hope you open your eyes to whats happening and not just regurgitate your daily digest of the tabloids.

End of the day. We all just have to get along.

ReputationRep:
    you are ill you need help.i pray that ALLAH bestows blessing on you and shows you the right path.gives you success and good health.i am soory for the psychosis part.

ReputationRep:
    All of these things would happen in Muslim socities if they were free. The reason they don't is because your savage brothers wouldn't think twice about pouring battery acid on them, or throwing rocks at them until they die. If you would behave that way, and the only thing stopping you is oppression, then what is the difference? God knows what is in your heart. As if it is a much better thing in Muslim countries that divorce and polygamy are rife, and that marriage to children as young as 6 is legal.
    Again, you keep judging the religion on its terrible, unlawful people. What about the nice guys? We could easily judge other religions on criminals that follow religion x, y and z, but we don't because that's wrong.

If you read up on the reasons behind polygamy, I don't think your opinions would be so extreme to be honest. Men used to go off to war etc and the wives used to be together for comfort and support. They took care of eachother like this. Obviously, now, we all hear about people taking advantage of this rule. I think it was a good-call back then, now, times are different.

Again, the marriage thing too. People used to 'marry' their children off, so that they could be taken care of, especially financially. Nowadays, marriage always implies a romantic love and sexual intercourse etc, but this type of marriage is completely different to the 'marriage' between children and adults. Again, times have changed - there's less need for the above. Unfairly, these rules have been hijacked into something disgusting and terrible.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.