Turn on thread page Beta

France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    Really? The hadiths of Bukhari (volumes 5 and 7), Muslim (volume 2), the Sunan of Abu Dawud (volume 2) would all suggest otherwise, as would "The History of Tabari" and "the Encyclopedia of Islam".

The key different being that Mary wasn't impregnated by a man almost fifty years her senior, through actual sexual intercourse (ie child abuse).
    I would have to check on those,

but she was impregnated by a spirit? o.O

anyway, i must go, sorry, bye x

ReputationRep:
    One of the few things worth admiring in the French is their love of their own culture. If this happens to mean they don't tolerate other cultures, then so what. I think if we took as much pride in the great things that England has to offer, then we could justify behaving as the French do, but as it stands, most people in this country just don't care about anything important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)
    No, they are not violent peopel; a wife shouldn't be punished violently; gays should not be executed (fyi, Islam only forbids gay sex).

I am not naive, you're just on a rampage :p:

Again, if people do do the above it's because they want to, not because Islam teaches it.
    Sigh :sigh:

I give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    There is a massive difference between 9 and 13. If Aisha was ripe at the age Mohammed took her then she surely would have had a child, would she not? But she didn't.
    So it might not have happened?

Biologically, I am not sure if she would definately have had a child.

I must go now, sorry, bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Sigh :sigh:

I give up.
    Okay ...

Stop judging the religion on its people ... anyway, bye guys x

ReputationRep:
    quote whats written there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    **** off hoodies are brilliant. :mad:
    I wear them all the time, but I'm not allowed to have them covering my head in some shopping centres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notepad)
    So it might not have happened?

Biologically, I am not sure if she would definitely have had a child.

I must go now, sorry, bye.
    That depends on if you follow your religion properly and follow the haddiths really doesn't it? Biologically girls don't fully become women until at least 13. If she was unfortunate enough to become pregnant then her risks of fatality would have been insanely high. Furthermore she cannot have been mentally prepared.

Alas, we are digressing from the topic. Why should Western countries allow practices that go against their values when Muslim countries kill those who go against them?

ReputationRep:
    I think the real issue is this:

ISLAM IS ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeyisgoodforyou)
    And the lady has a point in saying that Muslims don't force Christians and other religions from wearing the hijab in a Muslim country...
    Not always true...

ReputationRep:
    They can still wear headscarves right? Why don't they wear that? I don't think it says that you have to wear the burqa in the Koran right? And why don't men do it as well? I think if they really don't want to go without it, if France does ban the full veil they could wear the headscarf instead.

ReputationRep:
    to check means he has to confirm what you saying-u illitrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Not always true...
    Really? In Turkey, Dubai and even in Pakistan, they do not force people to wear headscarves.

ReputationRep:
    Travesty of Human Rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    I think the real issue is this:

ISLAM IS ****

Like literally every religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Would you defend the same freedom for a neo-nazi, even if said neo-nazi comes from a 200 year long line of people born in france, and his ancestors (strangely) faught for the allies in WW2? Or is Islam the only disgusting ideology you'll defend?
    I apologise but I couldn't stop myself pointing this out, there's this thing called Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies, it says as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving the Nazis or Hitler approaches one. :yes:

I just thought maybe you'd laugh at this as much as I did.

ReputationRep:
    the QURAN doesn't say about burqa-its a dress usually women opt themselves beacuse they feel more comfortabalt as no part of there body is unwillingly exposed-
    i agree about the headscarf-in the end its there choice,headscarf or burqa.
    QURAN has set a level of modesty and according to which men and women should dress, making sure no mischief is created in the society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    the QURAN doesn't say about burqa-its a dress usually women opt themselves beacuse they feel more comfortabalt as no part of there body is unwillingly exposed-
    i agree about the headscarf-in the end its there choice,headscarf or burqa.
    QURAN has set a level of modesty and according to which men and women should dress, making sure no mischief is created in the society
    Why don't men wear a hijab?

ReputationRep:
    Great news :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    Yep. Agreed with Mr Orange. No one asked for Muslims to come to the west.
    Exactly. If our culture is so abhorrent then go home.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.