Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    u must have all the time in the world to check for spellings when writing in a blog-i dont.
    yeah debating about
    'France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil!'
    not about what u brought up.
    and what i say to u before.why dont to reply for that-jesus didnt marry any women why do u?-there is no chapter of divorce in gospel-why do you go for it??
    take your time in checking for that i know 1000's of gospels are to consulted

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a headscarf ban,
    if it was, than i think that would be ridiculous.
    But i think this is just another step, for france to become more secular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Exactly. If our culture is so abhorrent then go home.
    Many Muslims don't 'come' to the West; they were born here. So, the West is their 'home'.

ReputationRep:
    it is easy to say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    Yep. Agreed with Mr Orange. No one asked for Muslims to come to the west.
    Actually, we did in 50s. From India/Pakistan area, as the British had colonised the place in the recent past and had trained the locals in lots of things. Doctors were especially required for our health service. Our country needed a lot of immigrants after the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    Why are they not fair?

You DON'T need to cover your face.
    You CAN live without covering your face.

If God exists then he wouldn't care whether you covered your face all of your life or not.
    I agree with this, God is supposed to be compassionate so he would forgive you

ReputationRep:
    About time

(Original post by Elipsis)
    That depends on if you follow your religion properly and follow the haddiths really doesn't it? Biologically girls don't fully become women until at least 13. If she was unfortunate enough to become pregnant then her risks of fatality would have been insanely high. Furthermore she cannot have been mentally prepared.

Firstly, During that time, girls used to be much more mature than today's girls. Without going too far, women in the beginning of 1900s used to have chidren at the age of 13, so no wonder that 1300 years ago, girls used to marry at the age of 10 and have children at that age.
    In addition to that evidence shows that girls in warm countries become 'women' (as you said:p: ) much earlier than those in colder countries.
    Secondly, the prophet peace be upon him was ordered to marry a young girl by God; and there were several reasons for this. For example, as a young girl she was able to narrate about 2210 hadiths..his relationship with her is also very important to us as it shows how he was her teacher, her father and her husband at the same time.

Alas, we are digressing from the topic. Why should Western countries allow practices that go against their values when Muslim countries kill those who go against them?
    Islam is innocent of such killings.
    Was the prophet peace be upon him just killing non-muslim people? NO! Even though he was suffering from them, but he only fought DURING THE BATTLES when he was ordered to do so by god.

PEACE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    u must have all the time in the world to check for spellings when writing in a blog-i dont.
    yeah debating about
    'France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil!'
    not about what u brought up.
    and what i say to u before.why dont to reply for that-jesus didnt marry any women why do u?-there is no chapter of divorce in gospel-why do you go for it??
    take your time in checking for that i know 1000's of gospels are to consulted
    Christians don't 'go for' divorce or they wouldn't marry. Everyone hopes for a long and healthy marriage when they do get married but this doesn't always work out and... that is just that.

Would you rather live in an abusive relationship/live an unhappy life married? Or would you divorce?
    Sometimes it's necessary to divorce, it's not like Christians are ambassadors of it. You can be religious without being unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how people say that this country and Europe is becoming Islamized, but from what I'm progressively seeing, this country and the continent at large is returning to the dark ages. Europe is facing an identity crisis and of course, the bearded brown people are to blame, burqas, hijabs soon to be jillabs are an affront to "Western civilization". With the rise of fascist parties gaining sympathy and people turning more politically right wing, things are going to get bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Many Muslims don't 'come' to the West; they were born here. So, the West is their 'home'.
    Not really. They're aliens here by adhering to a religion and culture that is not European, and regardless of how un-PC it is to say this they're not ethnically European either and so alien in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    What so basically you're saying that we should behave like intolerant, backwards and religiously fundamentalist countries like Saudi?
    Lesser of two evils. Don't want France to become totally like Saudi, do we . France is a secular country, also so I don't see how it would become a religiously fundamentalist country.... Unless Islam was allowed to impose itself upon the government somehow..

ReputationRep:
    First the hijab ban in France, then the minaret ban, then the veil ban. Next will be hijab ban in other countries, followed by the mention of the word 'shariah' as a punishable offence. Eventually it will accumulate into a Muslim holocaust. History tends to repeat itself.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. They're aliens here by adhering to a religion and culture that is not European.
    They aren't 'aliens' at all. And there is no reason why two different cultures can't co-exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    They aren't 'aliens' at all. And there is no reason why two different cultures can't co-exist.
    Yeah, they are. I wouldn't consider one to be my countryman or have anything in common with me except that they, rightly or wrongly, reside here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeyisgoodforyou)
    Like the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that the best thing is to be in the MIDDLE, not TOO free and not too EXTREME....
    Well, Mr. Muhammad's (along with, before him, Aristotle's, Confucius' and the Buddha's) concept of the golden mean is, indeed, a good one.

Full veil = extreme. Nudity = extreme. (Indeed, public nudity is outlawed in France with little outcry!)
    Moderation lies somewhere between the two extremes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they are. I wouldn't consider one to be my countryman or have anything in common with me except that they, rightly or wrongly, reside here.
    Well, you're ridiculous. You're dividing people into 'muslim' and 'non-muslim' and think that commonalities/differences between people start and end there.

ReputationRep:
    If Islam didn't exist at all then this wouldn't be a problem. Women who conform to this patriarchal nonsense are thoroughly deserving of their status below their beastly husbands. It's a shame this ban will be too little too late.

ReputationRep:
    the word HIJAB means covering, it does not mean a headscarf
    you cannot ban HIJAB, as it includes covering the body etc. One can only observe HIJAB

There are plenty of verses which state the ruling of observing hijab

There is nothing wrong with covering, yet the people who dont cover and have no knowledge of it still complain?
    Why dont you ask the women who observe hijab, and wear the niqaab how they feel instead of saying something from your own views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    If Islam didn't exist at all then this wouldn't be a problem. It's a shame this ban will be too little too late.
    If humanity didn't exist, neither would any of our petty problems.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.