Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizwani)
    Do you have proof, from a religious text, and do you have proof that those commands are from God?
    I'll write my own religious text. :cool:

Do you have proof that your commands are from God? Nobody does. Just faith.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have proof, from a religious text, and do you have proof that those commands are from God?
    Since when did muslims have proof that their commands are from god?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi.blythe)
    Because I'm a girl and it does. Fakery can make you feel and look good, and confident.
    Wow

They obviously do it to attract men, I agree with you.. but it's not because they're dominated by men
    Well if you're expected to appear a certain way to receive male attention
    then surely there's a dominance factor there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    So you concede that you do it to attract men not self gratification?
    Both, but I don't dress in particularly skimpy clothes. Having a bit of cleavage out makes you feel good and it attracts men also, both reasons

+ to your last post.
    I dont know, I've never been in that situation where I realllyy feel the need to attract men. I put on makeup and that makes me feel good, whats up with that?

ReputationRep:
    "No one may, in spaces open to the public and on public streets, wear a garment or an accessory that has the effect of hiding the face."
    Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/...dding_the_veil

How will the people of France celebrate during the time of Halloween??? This is an outrage I tell you, a complete and utter outrage!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll write my own religious text. :cool:

Do you have proof that your commands are from God? Nobody does. Just faith.
    Yes we do have proof

The Quran , why dont you read it

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do have proof

The book itself doesn't prove that the commands came from god.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do have proof

No proof that it's the word of God though I'm afraid..

So my religious text that I hypothetically wrote is just as reliable as yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeyisgoodforyou)
    WTF????

It's not THEIR FAULT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGION!!!!!
    GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST DAMN STUPID!!!!

Edit: this goes to EVERYONE who says or agrees to what this idiot said
    errrrr yes it is their fault, or are they enslaved to their religion?

ReputationRep:
    QURAN SAYS'O YOU WHO BELIEVE YOU HAVE CERTAIN RIGTHS OVER YOUR WOMEN AND YOUR WOMEN HAVE CERTAIN RGTHS OVER YOU SO TREAT THEM WITH KINDNESS'

women have choice given by religion to cover the face or not, but not in case of covering the head,it is compulsary.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do have proof

That isnt proof, its an old book?

I could make a book called the Quran mk 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenforce)
    QURAN SAYS'O YOU WHO BELIEVE YOU HAVE CERTAIN RIGTHS OVER YOUR WOMEN AND YOUR WOMEN HAVE CERTAIN RGTHS OVER YOU SO TREAT THEM WITH KINDNESS'

women have choice given by religion to cover the face or not, but not in case of covering the head,it is compulsary.
    Why don't men have to cover their heads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lj106)
    Why?

Because I don't see women like that. If you're a brother for instance, would you be comfortable with seeing your sister dressed the same way as the girls you find sexually attractive?

But dressing nice makes most people feel good. Haven't you ever put on a sharp suit, seen your self in the mirror and felt good? (wow I sound narcissistic there)
    Indeed, but a suit is not a revealing attire. Women can dress to make themselves feel good but they have to reserve their common dignity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeyisgoodforyou)
    WTF????
    WHY CAN'T FRANCE RESPECT THEIR RELIGION???????
    MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY????
    PEOPLE LIKE U DISGUST ME!:mad:
    FAMILIES, KIDS, PEOPLE LIVED THERE ALL THEIR LIVES AND NOW YOU ASK THEM TO ...MOVE????????????!!!!!!
    AND WHAT ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE??????
    WHAT CAN THEY DO????
    It's not THEIR FAULT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGION!!!!!
    MUSLIMS DON'T ASK PEOPLE FROM OTHER RELGIONS TO MOVE OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY!!!!
    GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST DAMN STUPID!!!!

Edit: this goes to EVERYONE who says or agrees to what this idiot said
    Yes, but if you don't wear the head scalf in some countries tenyou can be jailed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raufy)
    Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/...dding_the_veil

How will the people of France celebrate during the time of Halloween
    ??? This is an outrage I tell you, a complete and utter outrage!!!
    I don't think they do:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No proof that it's the word of God though I'm afraid..

So my religious text that I hypothetically wrote is just as reliable as yours
    The Quran tells mankind to worship God alone without no partner, affirms the prophethood, and has subsequently caused many people to revert
    It shows many signs to mankind where it be scientific etc.

If you wrote a book, no one would believe your book. End Quote

ReputationRep:
    Who are you to say that she does not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    There's a difference between wanting to look attractive to the opposite sex, and wanting to attract them. I wear make up and clothes which I find attractive because it makes me feel good.
    How does putting all of those things on your face every morning (and a risk to your health) make you feel good?
    Aren't you content with the beauty you already have?

It makes me feel good because girl and guys tell me I look nice, which is obviously nice. I'm not looking to attract a man, but their admiration is always appreciated. Can't you see the difference there?
    Again this isn't for self gratification, you basically do it to get praise and admiration. When you don't get it, you become self conscious and even more paranoid over how you look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    How does putting all of those things on your face every morning (and a risk to your health) make you feel good?
    Aren't you content with the beauty you already have?

Again this isn't for self gratification, you basically do it to get praise and admiration. When you don't get it, you become self conscious and even more paranoid over how you look.
    Why do so many Muslim women wear eye make-up even when wearing the niqab?

ReputationRep:
    The Quran tells mankind to worship God alone without no partner, affirms the prophethood, and has subsequently caused many people to revert
    It shows many signs to mankind where it be scientific etc.

If you wrote a book, no one would believe your book. End Quote
    I admire your commitment to your religion but I'm just trying to point out that you can't be sure if it's the word of God

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.