France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil!!! Watch

Princesschickenbelly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ahnaf.c)
We dont see non-Muslim women covering from head to toe in a sheet because their religion doesn't require them to do so. I just realised that I didn't see the point you were trying to make by your post. You quoted me on a post in which i was responding the female circumcision issue.

This argument annoys you because it doesnt suit your opinion and you are agitated at the fact that it makes sense- simple as that.
You do realise that you have just supported my argument right? You need to learn to read. I said 'I'm tired of people using the excuse that it's not religion its culture when if they weren't a part of that religion they wouldn't be doing the cultural things' and you have just said yourself that it is religion that makes them do it. Glad you agree
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
Nice to see you still haven't learnt to refrain from personal insults during 'debate' :yy:
I don't take you seriously so how I refer to you attests my respect to your opinions.

You refuse to condemn your fellow muslim brothers who believed they had the right to burn down embassies, desecrate flags and even attempt to murder the cartoonist? I do believe, Diaz, that that makes you the 'prat'.
The West has done far worse things for me shed crocodile tears over a few burnt embassies and death threats, hence I refuse to condemn this trivial act. But then again your defense of a paper with Nazi connections is expected.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
I don't believe you should go to jail for denying the holocaust.
Well if you're this oblivious to facts, why are you even discussing it.
headunderwater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
I don't take you seriously so how I refer to you attests my respect to your opinions.
Right.
The West has done far worse things for me shed crocodile tears over a few burnt embassies and death threats, hence I refuse to condemn this trivial act. But then again your defense of a paper with Nazi connections is expected.
What paper are you talking about now? Do you enjoy making things up?

Burning down embassies isn't 'trivial'. I wonder whether you'd think it was 'trivial' if I burnt down a few Mosques :rolleyes:
headunderwater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well if you're this oblivious to facts, why are you even discussing it.
You're infuriating. How am I oblivious to facts? I know that in a very small minority of countries it is illegal to deny to the Holocaust. I do not, however, believe that that's necessarily right. What's the problem?

Denying the Holocaust, despite what you say, is completely different to drawing a few cartoons. As far as I know, nobody's ever died from a few cartoons.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
Right.
Good. Self acknowledgment is the first step.

What paper are you talking about now? Do you enjoy making things up?
The paper that printed those cartoons :facepalm:. This is getting incredibly boring.

Burning down embassies isn't 'trivial'. I wonder whether you'd think it was 'trivial' if I burnt down a few Mosques :rolleyes:
No I would it expect it from you.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

The paper that printed those cartoons :facepalm:. This is getting incredibly boring.

Provide some evidence which conclusively shows that this newspaper is inextricably tied to Nazism.
headunderwater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ok.
Of course I'll defend its right to publish whatever cartoons it bloody wants to! Just like I defend your right to spout whatever Islamic crap you want all over this forum. Publish a newspaper, Diaz, and you can spread your vile hate all over that and I'd still defend your right to do so.
You expect me to burn down mosques? I'm no arsonist.
algérie_mon_amour
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
Actually, the age of biological maturity has gone down as we have become more advanced not up. The biological age of maturity in Arab countries is likely to be the same today as it was then, because the weather conditions are the same and they are still in the same living conditions. Further to this I would question the fact that any 9 year old can be ready for sex with a man 40 years her senior. Also, you need to factor in this man was supposed to be a living example to you on how to live your life. So through his actions he has made paedophillia acceptable to Muslims like yourself because to say otherwise is to go against him. As a female you should know that puberty is about so much more than bleeding, your body is at least a few years behind your menstrual cycle.
I disagree. Over time people are becoming even less mature.
Again, I disprove you; as there is evidence (which I don't have at the moment) that shows that girls who live in warm countries reach puberty at an earlier age than those living in cooler conditions. And as Muslims we believe that as soon as a child reaches puberty, he is mature enough to be responsible for his/her doings hence judged upon them and can obviously get married and have children. This was possible 1300 years ago, but today, it's impossible for a 10 year old child to get married and have children etc due to the immaturity..as time proceeds things change

If she was ready she would have bore him a child and she did not.
If only you knew who the prophet peace be upon him was, you wouldn't be saying such things; because any woman at that time whatever her age was, would have wished to marry him.
The prophet peace be upon him only hvead five children from two wives out of 10.

A certain percentage of Muslims will always be extremist and hardline, and the Quaran allows these Muslims free reign to behave as barbarically as they like.
Your replies sound irresponsible unfortunately and show how disrespectful you are.

I'll stop here, because you don't seem like someone who wants to discuss matuarily but rather like an attacker whose aim is not to discover reality but to slaughter it with wrong arguments.

Good bye :ciao:
Princesschickenbelly
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh God who mentioned the Holocaust?

That's it this thread is over: Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1. Once a Nazi comparison has been made the other side automatically wins the argument.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
You're infuriating. How am I oblivious to facts? I know that in a very small minority of countries it is illegal to deny to the Holocaust. I do not, however, believe that that's necessarily right. What's the problem?
First off you didn't know what we're talking about, then you didn't know the illegality of holocaust denial existed and now you moronically concede. It's not a small minority, it's half the EU under different names. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know what the holocaust actually is.

Denying the Holocaust, despite what you say, is completely different to drawing a few cartoons. As far as I know, nobody's ever died from a few cartoons.
Why should someone go to jail for it. Surely people should accept the right to be offended right?
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
Provide some evidence which conclusively shows that this newspaper is inextricably tied to Nazism.
Read its history, it has a long tradition of sympathy to fascists and 35mm_ idol, Mussolini

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten
headunderwater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
First off you didn't know what we're talking about, then you didn't know the illegality of holocaust denial existed and now you moronically concede. It's not a small minority, it's half the EU under different names. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know what the holocaust actually is.
Go look up Holocaust denial laws. & please stop trying to insult me; I really am trying to keep it civil
Why should someone go to jail for it. Surely people should accept the right to be offended right?
As I've said before, I do not believe somebody should go to jail for it, so your point is moot.
headunderwater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Read its history, it has a long tradition of sympathy to fascists and 35mm_ idol, Mussolini

Don't even try and suggest I'm a fascist simply for being Italian. Would you like me to condemn you as a terrorist simply for being muslim? Bloody hell Diaz.
Good Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jabed786)
Can you, yourself understand and read the literature in the Quran? I doubt it, so what makes you the authority to take verses out of the Quran which are most likely took incredibly out of context or misintrepreted by publishers.
If you read my other posts in this thread, you'll have my answer. I can't be bothered to repeat myself again.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
Go look up Holocaust denial laws. & please stop trying to insult me; I really am trying to keep it civil
Take that advice and apply it.

As I've said before, I do not believe somebody should go to jail for it, so your point is moot.
There's a good girl, now GTFO to your MEP and tell him that then come and complain about Muslim protests.
headunderwater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Take that advice and apply it.

There's a good girl, now GTFO to your MEP and tell him that then come and complain about Muslim protests.
I don't understand why you always have to be rude. I have merely stated that muslims don't have the right to burn down embassies and attempt to murder cartoonists simply because they're offended.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

If you were to actually read the article, there is no way you'd come to that conclusion. They may have ran the occasional piece of something towards the right of the political spectrum but that is certainly not to say that they were Nazi sympathisers. Indeed, the article even states that they ran a piece which directly criticised Mussolini. Regardless however, any tentative link that you may allude to is pretty much irrelevant now considering that sixty years have passed and the paper has undergone significant change.

Why exactly do you disagree with cartoons being published, and do you think that an appropriate response to finding something insulting is to rampage about burning buildings?
Last edited by Kreuzuerk; 8 years ago
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 35mm_)
Don't even try and suggest I'm a fascist simply for being Italian. Would you like me to condemn you as a terrorist simply for being muslim? Bloody hell Diaz.
From the posts you make while I was banned you made the exact insinuation about Muslims here. I don't think because you're Italian it makes you fascist, but you behave like one, especially when it comes to the issue of Muslims because you're an opportunist prat.
headunderwater
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
From the posts you make while I was banned you made the exact insinuation about Muslims here. I don't think because you're Italian it makes you fascist, but you behave like one, especially when it comes to the issue of Muslims because you're an opportunist prat.
You constantly bring up the fact that I'm Italian and use that to attack me as a 'fascist'. And that post is stating facts: many do condemn British troops and many do support the cause behind Anjem Choudary's [now void] march. In no way did I insinuate that simply being muslim makes you a terrorist.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (360)
91.84%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (32)
8.16%

Watched Threads