Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    1.) They don't cast them out, but instead they burn their churches? My former church was burnt into the ground about couple of weeks ago (in Malaysia) so yeah, I hate you and your religion.

2.)Simple and easy? Hahahahahahas I really want to die laughing at you. Firstly, in my country, you cannot leave the Muslim as it against the law and you'll be whipped. Secondly, if you ever consume alcohol you will be whipped. Thirdly, if your man doesn't like you, you will be accused of adulterous and be stoned to death. Video Warning, it's very disturbing watch at your own risk... so my ass it is, if islam goes easy on people and doesn't force them to do anything.
    http://sg.christianpost.com/dbase.ph...ociety&id=1698

Get your facts straight before you go on a hate trip with Islam. Ask yourself why would they do this? Does Islam allow this? have you even gone BEYOND those basic questions that an educated person would ask himself....no because you only know what you see and hear.... sad really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Oh it's pragmatic and politically correct to say a religion is "stupid" what are you basing this on? i have not read further on from this but i doubt it's anything good you're basing this on ideas you already have from the media. We all know, well the ones that are smart enough to use something other than media for news purposes that media only tells half of the story if not much less.

well if you're going to get petty about it no one has used the words "stupid" so don't misquote.
    how the **** would anyone in this country know what was going on unless we had the media?
    what sources do you use then james bond?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    well if you're going to get petty about it no one has used the words "stupid" so don't misquote.
    how the **** would anyone in this country know what was going on unless we had the media?
    what sources do you use then james bond?
    James bond.... lol, wouldn't that be neat but no thanks. How about the internet? I would have thought by now even people on TSR would realize the media is only telling half of the truth or has that not got to you yet? when did we realize as people to use our brains and not use them to get brainwashed by believing every little thing the news says??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    James bond.... lol, wouldn't that be neat but no thanks. How about the internet? I would have thought by now even people on TSR would realize the media is only telling half of the truth or has that not got to you yet? when did we realize as people to use our brains and not use them to get brainwashed by believing every little thing the news says??????
    you do realise the sources you will use on the internet is still the media and will be telling the same stories as the papers and tv?
    it is just another form of MEDIATION.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask, if a Muslim woman wears a veil, What does the photo on her passport/driving license look like?

if she is allowed to wear it then this world is a very stupid place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    x
    Looking at your username, are you a fan of Dune by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wly)
    Can i ask, if a Muslim woman wears a veil, What does the photo on her passport/driving license look like?

if she is allowed to wear it then this world is a very stupid place.
    I assume she would remove the veil to have the photo taken. Also I've noticed some of the Middle Eastern countries tend to have seperate booths (manned by women) which check women away from men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    you do realise the sources you will use on the internet is still the media and will be telling the same stories as the papers and tv?
    it is just another form of MEDIATION.

:facepalm:
    Well, that's a difference of opinion, media i understand to be is only telling half of the truth which is on tv and the other truth that they don't mention is on the internet.... why is that? oh yeah cause it's the truth and only like mention what they want people to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    No it isn't infact it offends way less people than the prophet mohammed cartoons.

As I said had the intentions of those cartoons been innocent I would agree but they weren't and you insulted something we Muslims can't even dream of touching.
    'you'?

I wasn't aware that I was involved in the cartoon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    x
    Do you have any proof that Muhammad actually had sex with Aisha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Are you really that stupid? "how Islam should be interpreted", and what exactly makes you the authority on that? Because last time I checked, the vast majority of worldwide Muslims (i.e, those living in Muslims theocracies in the middle east) are VERY anti-semitic. The Quran has verses which specifically call for the killing of Jews ([9:29] "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low" ). And you have the nerve to stand up and say that that's not the real interpretation? Disgusting.

Oh by the way, you might want to check out this logical fallacy before you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Many people felt the KKK had the right interpretation of Christanity

in South Africa under Apartied the whites were taught Blacks were gods punished people

Sure some lunatic in islamic thinks killing jews is good, but what you fail to understand, is I can say Islam advocated eating apples, i can go on tv and say all muslims should stop paying taxes

But Islam it self does not change, its ideology remains the same

ReputationRep:
    Another thing we should consider, is that we do not allow non-Muslims to cover there face with a balaclava or helmet, so why should we make an exception for them? One rule for all.

ReputationRep:
    1) HIJAB--> is what covers the woman's hair and is a MUST in Islam
    Prove it. Religion is well known for being open to interpretation. YOUR idea of Islam may see the Hijab as mandatory but another sect or whatever may not.

If religions in general gave up with this fundamentalist absolutist nonsense allot of problems would be resolved.

2) Niqab or Burqua--> what covers the face and is NOT a must in Islam
    Its also quite stupid. Humans have evolved to rely heavily on facial cues for communication. Large parts of our brains are dedicated to facial recognition and interpretation. Cover the face and you cause problems.

(REASON!) in order not for her chest, arms, legs, or any other visible skin to show. ONLY face and hands are ok to show. A woman might choose to NOT wear the Abaya and that is FINE as long as she wears a dress to cover the mentioned parts.
    As a hypothetical, why would a god create human kind, with all those dirty sinful bits, if they are dirty and sinful?

Maybe....just maybe.....the human form, male or female, is fine the way it is, and if any god had a hand in its creation, he wants it this way?

Like the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that the best thing is to be in the MIDDLE, not TOO free and not too EXTREME....
    He was also known for contradicting himself often enough to make Islam's strict adherence to "Islamic norms" rather curious and questionable.

It's not THEIR FAULT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGION!!!!!
    Actually if you want to go into semantics, by the very nature of religion and faith as an apparently deeply personal choice, its entirely up to them to worship/believe what they wish, with all the consequences therein.

Thing is, LOOK AT HOW FAITHFUL the Caliph was of other religions!
    Nice story, have you ever dwelled on the behaviour of medieval Islam compared to its modern variation? Islam has went from a new, dynamic and tolerant religion (for its time) to a stagnant stubborn faith that refuses to adapt with the times and insists on banging heads with anythnig and everything. My information is rusty but its not unheard of for things like art, dance and music to be suppressed because god demands it. Why is Islam so scared that its leaders/adherents feel the need to suppress the very bread and butter of culture?

Allot of relationships are based on give and take, compromise. A woman gives up smoking for her husband here, a man goes out less for his girlfriend there. Germany stops trying to take over Europe, Britain kowtows to Brussels.

Where is the compromise from Islam? Part of enlightenment and moral superiority requires adoption of more nobler less self-interested traits. Donating to the poor, humility, compassion, tolerance.

These are regarded by many mainstream religions as noble and admirable traits that all adherents should strive for.

So why is it a cartoon can be met with globe spanning riots (protests is too soft a word) where apparently enlightened adherents to gods will are calling for the death of all Danes because one newspaper published some cartoons which frankly harmed no-one in any way whatsoever.

As an atheist/non-believer many strong religious adherents would call me ignorant, misguided, lost, unblessed, all these claims that I am the poor soul that needs to be shown enlightenment, but on the other hand I am tolerant, polite, friendly and I am not a closed book.

I can compromise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547538 (Mufti Dr. Siddiqi)

"The author of this flyer attacks the character of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) by using these words, “Prophet of God having sex with a 9-year-old girl.” He is trying to confuse his readers as if the Prophet was not married to this girl or married her against her will. The Prophet’s wife `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) was indeed young, but he married her according to the traditions of his people at that time.
    Well, it doesn't look like he's trying to deny it - though I guess there are conflicting opinions on whether the prophet did or not.

What makes you think he didn't, though?

ReputationRep:
    X
    There's nothing wrong with the fact he did.

ReputationRep:
    Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547538 (Mufti Dr. Siddiqi)

Well, it doesn't look like he's trying to deny it - though I guess there are conflicting opinions on whether the prophet did or not.

What makes you think he didn't, though?
    It seems like Dr Siddiqi is trying to renforce the fact that they were married unlike peadophillic actions which occur outside marriage without consent.

I have yet to see any evidence of the Prophet having sex with Aisha, the most quoted hadith I've read says the Prophet completed his marriage with Aisha at the age of 9 (this is disputed). In terms of Western tradition completing marriage means having sex with but we know that Islamically marriage occurs in two parts. The first part was arranging of the marriage, this happened at the age of six with Aisha's parents. The second part was the marriage ceremony that occured after Hijarah when Aisha was 9. The ceremony is what I believe to be the "completion" mentioned in the hadith. The ages are disputed as I've mentioned before.

ReputationRep:
    If the waiting of 3 years for her to move into his marital home wasn't for sexual reasons, why else would it have happened? You know as well as I do that moving into the marital home means one thing. You fools can keep on saying 'PBUH' for someone who had sex with a child, but I will never stop looking down on you all for it. Here is a picture of a 9 year old Indian girl to put it into perspective for you:
    http://images.eonline.com/eol_images...Ali.041909.jpg

Would you have sex with that little girl, regardless of if she was bleeding or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    There's nothing wrong with the fact he did.
    I understand your opinion :yes: Was just curious why Sakujo was trying to deny it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    So why is it a cartoon can be met with globe spanning riots (protests is too soft a word) where apparently enlightened adherents to gods will are calling for the death of all Danes because one newspaper published some cartoons which frankly harmed no-one in any way whatsoever.
    That's a lie.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like Dr Siddiqi is trying to renforce the fact that they were married unlike peadophillic actions which occur outside marriage without consent.

I have yet to see any evidence of the Prophet having sex with Aisha, the most quoted hadith I've read says the Prophet completed his marriage with Aisha at the age of 9 (this is disputed). In terms of Western tradition completing marriage means having sex with but we know that Islamically marriage occurs in two parts. The first part was arranging of the marriage, this happened at the age of six with Aisha's parents. The second part was the marriage ceremony that occured after Hijarah when Aisha was 9. The ceremony is what I believe to be the "completion" mentioned in the hadith. The ages are disputed as I've mentioned before.
    If Mohammed did not have sex with her then it would have been to provide an example to future generations. If it was to provide an example he would have told others that he had not had sex with her until she was ready. We all know that he regularly talks about his love of virgins and fondling them, it is stated in the haddiths. Of course, arranging a marriage at 6 and getting married at 9 goes against the girls will because she is unable to consent until she is an adult. So this is equally as wrong...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.