Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    Don't blow yourself up over it, jeez.
    I did! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO?????????????:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    What so basically you're saying that we should behave like intolerant, backwards and religiously fundamentalist countries like Saudi?
    no, we shouldn't give them extra special treatment just because they're different from us. We only do because people are scared of being called racist.

ReputationRep:
    Good, wish this happened in the UK as well.

ReputationRep:
    the ban is only against the optional full face veil, not the compulsory veil which doesn't cover the face, so they can still practice their religion.

(Original post by honeyisgoodforyou)
    And the lady has a point in saying that Muslims don't force Christians and other religions from wearing the hijab in a Muslim country...
    lol that's because in countries like saudi arabia there are technically no non-muslims, since religious freedom doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    I did! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO?????????????:mad:
    lololol
    I don't see the attraction to Islam anyway, just because you are born into it doesn't mean you shouldn't have the autonomy to make a choice for yourself whether you want to follow it. Why would any self respecting woman endorse a religion which views their gender in such disregard? Muslim women living in France should feel ******* liberated by this.

ReputationRep:
    **** you! How do you know we don't say the EXACT SAME THING about you lot?
    FYI u ignorant little pest, not only are churces not allowed to be bulit INSIDE Mecca, but also mosks. Mecca IS like one HUGE entire mosk, so how can you build something INSIDE mecca when itself is a mosK?
    And let me tell u a short story of what happened before. There was this Caliph called Abu Bakr al Sadeeq. He was the Prophet's (PBUH) best friend and one day went to visit in a Chrisitan country. He went inside the church and welcomed him and everything. Then he exucused himself to go pray, and one of the popes told him to pray inside the church. The Caliph refused. The pope was offended in a way and asked for a reason. The Caliph smiled at him and told him that he simply didn't want to pray inside the church because if HE DID, then once he dies, he knows that his Muslim companions would bulit a mosk in a place he prayed and so he did not want the church to be destroyed or having a mosk built on it.
    See HOW LOYAL AND SINCERE THEY WERE BEFORE?
    And so the Caliph went and prayed outside the church and infact after he died, his Muslim friends bulit a mosk there, and so it was next to the church. It is in a county now that I have forgotten where the mosk and church are next to each other.
    Thing is, LOOK AT HOW FAITHFUL the Caliph was of other religions!

yes using one example shows the thoughts of all muslims. Hypocritical when you claim all of France is treating you badly! oh noes

ReputationRep:
    OP, calm the **** down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    They're only banning the face covering which is not compulsory for Muslims.
    When western people travel to Muslim countries they are not allowed to drink, in many countries are not allowed to practice any religion but Islam, must cover themselves respectfully (legs, shoulders etc), and have to abide by a law which is very much influenced by the teachings of the Muslim religion. I don't disagree with that, but then how can Muslims argue when they have to abide by western laws influenced by western values?
    None of the Laws in the Muslim countries that implement a certain dresscode are implemented with the purpose of causing inconvenience to non-Muslims or to discriminate against non-Muslims. Its for the people in their country-as simple as that. Whether you go there for a holiday, or to live there you must abide by those rules and those rules are not/will not be imposed upon you solely for being a non-Muslim.

However, the banning of the veil comes as a discrimination against Muslims because its an Islamic thing and it definitely does specifically target Muslim women who choose to practise this. Its certainly not imposing anything upon non-Muslims. To argue that its not discriminatory (whether in a negative sense or not) would be quite silly.

ReputationRep:
    WTF????
    WHY CAN'T FRANCE RESPECT THEIR RELIGION???????
    MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY????
    PEOPLE LIKE U DISGUST ME!:mad:
    FAMILIES, KIDS, PEOPLE LIVED THERE ALL THEIR LIVES AND NOW YOU ASK THEM TO ...MOVE????????????!!!!!!
    AND WHAT ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE??????
    WHAT CAN THEY DO????
    It's not THEIR FAULT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGION!!!!!
    MUSLIMS DON'T ASK PEOPLE FROM OTHER RELGIONS TO MOVE OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY!!!!
    GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST DAMN STUPID!!!!

Edit: this goes to EVERYONE who says or agrees to what this idiot said
    Ok you call me an idiot, that's your opinion. At least I don't go round the internet typing in caps lock all the time ranting and raving like I have foam coming out of my mouth. I'm sorry but if you cant see someone's face it's a bit unnerving and it's easier for them to commit crimes.

Hang on, I thought the Middle East conflict has something to do with some Muslims not wanting Jews there, also at this moment in time if I wanted to visit Mecca I'd have to convert to Islam. I'm ready to bet that not many adult Muslims living in France have lived there all their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    If you don't like it there then you can always go live in another country
    Yeah, and where do you reckon they'll all go now?

Here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiz)
    I <3 France. It is the same as people wearing hoodies and balaclavas.
    **** off hoodies are brilliant. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If it's not a MUST for them to wear it then surely it can't be that bad if they ban it? Also, it's JUST the full Muslim veil right - so the rest are fine? They can just do that - sometimes you have to compromise.

Although, you know, ideally they should just ban all religions because I REALLY hate to break it to you guys but... you know God right... he's MADE UP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Yeah, and where do you reckon they'll all go now?

Here.
    As long as they like how it's run here then I don't mind them living here

ReputationRep:
    WTF????
    WHY CAN'T FRANCE RESPECT THEIR RELIGION???????
    Because the ideas of Islam are absolutely ridiculous and don't deserve any respsect whatsoever?

MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY????
    PEOPLE LIKE U DISGUST ME!:mad:
    FAMILIES, KIDS, PEOPLE LIVED THERE ALL THEIR LIVES AND NOW YOU ASK THEM TO ...MOVE????????????!!!!!!
    AND WHAT ABOUT THE POOR PEOPLE??????
    WHAT CAN THEY DO????
    It's not THEIR FAULT THEY ARE FOLLOWING THEIR RELIGION!!!!!
    Actually, it is their fault they're following their religion. Who else's fault could it be?

MUSLIMS DON'T ASK PEOPLE FROM OTHER RELGIONS TO MOVE OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY!!!!
    They probably would if we went over there in our millions and started trying to take over the place and impose our ridiculous beliefs on them. Most western people, thankfully, wouldn't go anywhere near Islamic countries, and would prefer to make a big smoking crater out of them.

GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE JUST DAMN STUPID!!!!

Edit: this goes to EVERYONE who says or agrees to what this idiot said
    Justify your statements or gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porch monkey 4 life)
    the ban is only against the optional full face veil, not the compulsory veil which doesn't cover the face, so they can still practice their religion.

lol that's because in countries like saudi arabia there are technically no non-muslims, since religious freedom doesn't exist.
    There is great hypocrisy in the Saudi system. To idolise their government and their management as a true Islamic system would be an extremely stupid thing to do if one has even the slightest of ideas about the Saudi royal family and its double standards.

In my opinion Saudi Arabia and the UAE are the two racist most countries in the world. I don't think you should judge their status of religious freedom and mix it up with what Islam has to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Because the ideas of Islam are absolutely ridiculous and don't deserve any respsect whatsoever?
    Justify your statement or gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst you won't find many people more critical of Islam than me, I have two minds about this...

It seems to be that France wants to get rid of Islam, and by Islam I mean the fundamental kind which is practiced in most Islamic states in the middle east and Africa. The problem is, I don't think they've got the balls to just stand up and say "we're banning Islam", so instead they're doing this silly thing of banning lots of different clothes. If they just swiftly removed all the Muslims from the country, it would be a lot less painful than continuing to impose ever stronger restrictions on what existing Muslims can and cannot do, in a hope to either "convert" them to liberal Islam, or provide a strong enough incentive for them to leave at their own will.

That's just my take on this, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    France is officially a secular country and is therefore not really under any obligation whatsoever to respect Islam at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    Ok you call me an idiot, that's your opinion. At least I don't go round the internet typing in caps lock all the time ranting and raving like I have foam coming out of my mouth. I'm sorry but if you cant see someone's face it's a bit unnerving and it's easier for them to commit crimes.

Hang on, I thought the Middle East conflict has something to do with some Muslims not wanting Jews there, also at this moment in time if I wanted to visit Mecca I'd have to convert to Islam. I'm ready to bet that not many adult Muslims living in France have lived there all their lives.
    Normally I agree with much of what you have ti say but...well would you have the UK government (or any government for that matter). Ban hoodies, scarves, balaclavas etc because they can be used to disguise one's face and make it easier to commit crimes?

Why punish the majority for the crimes of a minority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    Although, you know, ideally they should just ban all religions because I REALLY hate to break it to you guys but... you know God right... he's MADE UP!
    :ditto:

correct me if im wrong but im sure i caught something on the news here aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago about helmets/hats etc ebing worn in shops? its the same kind of principle really isnt it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.