Turn on thread page Beta

When did you recieve your university offer (POLL) watch

• View Poll Results: When did you recieve/discover that you had an offer for university?
    Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
    50.00%
    Monday - Friday 5:01pm -7:59am
    44.74%
    Saturday - Sunday 8:am - 5:00pm
    5.26%
    Saturday - Sunday 5:01pm - 7:59am
    0%

ReputationRep:
    I had a nightmare last night in which I was rejected from all the universities I had applied for! Not a nice experience haha!

I was just wondering how and when the university admissions tutors accept/reject applications.

Do they work on weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
    Do they accept or reject people past 17:00 UK time?

This might seem a little OCD, but I only want to know so as that I can save time checking UCAS Track :p:

Perhaps the best way to know this is to ask TSR when they recieved or discovered they had an offer! So I will make a poll!

ReputationRep:
    I thinkkkk ( I may be wrong) But UCAS update Track at 12.00 and 17.00 every day.

Som,e one will more than likely correct me but that means two checks a day and you're cool

ReputationRep:
    I got all my emails at 12 and 5, yes, but Track updates on a continuous basis. On my birthday, I got an offer at around midnight (I wanted a birthday offer, I think...).

All of mine came on weekdays though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irish_4_life)
    I thinkkkk ( I may be wrong) But UCAS update Track at 12.00 and 17.00 every day.

Som,e one will more than likely correct me but that means two checks a day and you're cool
    Does the date on the actual applications in UCAS Track update regularly or just when the status of the application changes?

I have one offer and next to that it says 'Updated 4th of January' but my other 4 state 'Updated 21st December' Which is when the application was processed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irish_4_life)

UCAS track updates whenever the university updates it. The emails used to be sent out at 1200 and 1700, however according to steveUCAS, they're now sent out every 15 minutes. He can probably tell you more

(Original post by steveUCAS)

ReputationRep:
    My first offer, or should i say rejection :cry2: was sent out yesterday at 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    My first offer, or should i say rejection :cry2: was sent out yesterday at 12.
    Where for and what subject?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    All of the offers i recieved were sent on a weekday, between 12 - 5.

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I haven't got ANY yet?! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    Where for and what subject?
    Primary education at Notthingam! :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Three of mine were Monday-Friday between 9-5. In fact all of them updated on Track around 4-5ish, but that was probably just a coincidence. The other one (Nottingham) updated on Track around 9.30pm which was odd.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I got an offer just when I needed one...when panicking after a bad exam and stress at having no offers and probably not going to have the best grade in march :p: it was a Wednesday evening :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13579)
    Is it weird that I haven't got ANY yet?! lol
    Hmm the short answer is no; in my tutorial group we were individually asked if we had offers and 80% of the class did not have any.

I found (and it may be a coincidence) that the lower ranked universities (in the league tables) tend to give out offers sooner than the more prestigious universities.
    It might just be a case of the differing volumes of applications and the progressively rigorous selection processes ascending up the various league tables which obviously take more time to judge. Then there's the 'equal consideration' deadline which has been extended to the 22nd of January due to the 'adverse weather conditions' :p:

I've had two post 5pm ones (6pm-7pm) and two pre 12pm ones this cycle. Last cycle I received most of them around 6pm and one at half 4 on a Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriscpritchard)
    UCAS track updates whenever the university updates it. The emails used to be sent out at 1200 and 1700, however according to steveUCAS, they're now sent out every 15 minutes. He can probably tell you more
    Hi,

Track updates as soon as the University informs UCAS - regardless of the time of day.

Up until Thursday last week we would only email applicants at 1200 and 1700 - just in case they weren't checking Track.

We now send email notifications every 15 minutes - day and night - so you should find out sooner.

I hope this helps.

Steve

ReputationRep:
    i got my offer at 15:15

ReputationRep:
    I got an email offer from brighton on wednesday but still nothing on track does anybody know what i should do about this or should i just be patient

ReputationRep:
    Not yet

ReputationRep:
    My first (conditional) offer came through at 5:02 on a monday
    Now i'm just waiting on the rest ..

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.