Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What unis made it into clearing last summer?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea.. Google it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been looking I just cant seem to find it.
    Probs searching the wrong things lol.

ReputationRep:
    in clearing was sunderland, medway, portsmouth, wolverhampton, bath, keele from what i remember.

brighton, kingston, aston, kcl, notts, lsop and the Irish unis were NOT on there.

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire was in Clearing and they were accepting people with CCC.

ReputationRep:
    These unis came in clearing...the better ones filled up within 1-2 days and still required high grades of BBB... in the last week of clearing when some unis were still not filled up(bradford, portsmouth, hertfordshire and medway, and I thinkk wolverhampton too) they may have lowered it to CCC...but I kept calling till early September and still they said minimum B in chemistry. Some ppl may have been lucky and got in though; i'm simplying saying my experience.

These unis came up and this is what they were asking for in the first week; (even with low pts they wanted B in chem)

1.Bradford- 310 pts
    2.Central Lancashire- 300 with B in chem
    3.Hertfordshire- (I don't have written down what exactly was required, but I was asking for entry with CCC and they said no)
    4.Huddersfield- 320 pts with B in chem
    5.Keele- BBC
    6.Liverpool- 350 pts
    7.Medway- BBC/BBB- If you had low grades like CCC they offered their pharm foundation degree
    8.Reading- 320 pts
    9.Robert Gordon- BBB
    10.Sunderland- 300 pts
    11.Wolverhampton- 300 pts (BBB-BBC)
    12.Portsmouth- BBB
    13. UEA and Bath- (didn't get a chance to ring them, they went off the list in few hours) but I assume bath would have taken ABB, as many admissions said they wanted students with higer grades as many did have them.

Like petzneo said though, the good ones weren't there... even the lowest kingston wasn't! (that was a shock :-s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingu09)
    These unis came in clearing...the better ones filled up within 1-2 days and still required high grades of BBB... in the last week of clearing when some unis were still not filled up(bradford, portsmouth, hertfordshire and medway, and I thinkk wolverhampton too) they may have lowered it to CCC...but I kept calling till early September and still they said minimum B in chemistry. Some ppl may have been lucky and got in though; i'm simplying saying my experience.

These unis came up and this is what they were asking for in the first week; (even with low pts they wanted B in chem)

1.Bradford- 310 pts
    2.Central Lancashire- 300 with B in chem
    3.Hertfordshire- (I don't have written down what exactly was required, but I was asking for entry with CCC and they said no)
    4.Huddersfield- 320 pts with B in chem
    5.Keele- BBC
    6.Liverpool- 350 pts
    7.Medway- BBC/BBB- If you had low grades like CCC they offered their pharm foundation degree
    8.Reading- 320 pts
    9.Robert Gordon- BBB
    10.Sunderland- 300 pts
    11.Wolverhampton- 300 pts (BBB-BBC)
    12.Portsmouth- BBB
    13. UEA and Bath- (didn't get a chance to ring them, they went off the list in few hours) but I assume bath would have taken ABB, as many admissions said they wanted students with higer grades as many did have them.

Like petzneo said though, the good ones weren't there... even the lowest kingston wasn't! (that was a shock :-s)
    WOW! i got rejected from UEA and kingston this year =/ offer from DMF though! and if i get the grades on results day im now yempted to see if they pop up in clearing =D

ReputationRep:

I know... I was so shocked! In my year of entry they weren't there but brighton was and so was UEA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradu)
    WOW! i got rejected from UEA and kingston this year =/ offer from DMF though! and if i get the grades on results day im now yempted to see if they pop up in clearing =D
    If you get better results, you can try and ask for another seat elsewhere in clearing if there is another uni you want...might be better if someone from the college tries to do it I've heard (thats what my college and another college person said).

Maybe with kingston, they probably make realistic grade offers (BBB-BCC) and probably give more seats out than there are, so they're not in clearing :-s Seeing as many students are getting higher grades each year, it gets easier to meet the requirement.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe with kingston, they probably make realistic grade offers (BBB-BCC) and probably give more seats out than there are, so they're not in clearing :-s Seeing as many students are getting higher grades each year, it gets easier to meet the requirement.
    Kingston gave me an offer for 300 points and said I needed BBB. I rang them up one day and asked if it matters if I get ABC and they said yes it does. They also said they're not taking ASs into account. I'm not sure if that's actually true

ReputationRep:
    Ok maybee, only assumed there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassan169)
    Kingston gave me an offer for 300 points and said I needed BBB. I rang them up one day and asked if it matters if I get ABC and they said yes it does. They also said they're not taking ASs into account. I'm not sure if that's actually true
    Those rules are quite strict for kingston tbh...I think they are trying to go up in the league tables tbh as I remember kings saying the exact same things when i applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petzneo)
    Those rules are quite strict for kingston tbh...I think they are trying to go up in the league tables tbh as I remember kings saying the exact same things when i applied.
    That's probably it. It's a bit strange though. They still gave me an offer when I'm predicted ABC.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 18, 2010

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.